• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the rating stuff work for films in post? Does the MPAA get called in to rate each cut a studio is thinking of going with throughout the process?

I ask because it looks like the PG-13 rating was given to BvS on 9/30/15? Wouldn't that mean the film has been in the can for almost 6 months now? Seems like even more evidence against the whole WB is about to hit the eject button on their DC slate and Snyder rumor.

How does the rating stuff work for films in post? Does the MPAA get called in to rate each cut a studio is thinking of going with throughout the process?

I ask because it looks like the PG-13 rating was given to BvS on 9/30/15? Wouldn't that mean the film has been in the can for almost 6 months now? Seems like even more evidence against the whole WB is about to hit the eject button on their DC slate and Snyder rumor.

Nah, they choose which cut of the film gets submitted to the MPAA. If that cut gets the version they want, they roll it out for release.

I'd imagine that what they did was separate out the content they wanted for the theatrical release, did the required Post work on that, got it rated, then moved on to the Director's cut.

Nah, they choose which cut of the film gets submitted to the MPAA. If that cut gets the version they want, they roll it out for release.

I'd imagine that what they did was separate out the content they wanted for the theatrical release, did the required Post work on that, got it rated, then moved on to the Director's cut.

I guess I'm talking more about the version that was rated on 9/30/15. Would that be the version of the film we see in theaters on March 25th?

I guess I'm talking more about the version that was rated on 9/30/15. Would that be the version of the film we see in theaters on March 25th?

Almost certainly. I don't think they can release 2 differently rated versions of the same film in theaters at the same time, and they're not going to preempt the PG13 release for the R one.

a916

Has the film ratings board ever been.... wrong?

Because oh lord am I hyped right now.

Almost certainly. I don't think they can release 2 differently rated versions of the same film in theaters at the same time, and they're not going to preempt the PG13 release for the R one.

PG13 will be the global release whereas the distributor they have listed is WB Home Entertainment for the rated R cut.. I'm fairly certain it's the home release along with the name "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition".

EDIT: That thread went to shit... it's almost like those dumb misinformation memes... DEADPOOL REACTION... yeah because a film of this magnitude was just re-edited in the last week for that small buzz of those who are buying this lol.

Loxley

Okay, how dense are some people that they think this is a reaction to Deadpool?

xs70V0D.gif

IconGrist

There are people that believe the Earth is flat, that Sandy Hook wasn't real, that vaccinations don't work, that Xbox One will beat PS4's WW numbers, and that Trump will make a good President.

Yes, I absolutely believe that people think this was WB reacting to Deadpool.

That ratings thread has only made cemented my opinion that the film with be divisive regardless of it's actual quality, because it's not "muh superman".

I mean that's cool if you like a Superman that doesn't throw punches. We had that in Returns and I'd say an even larger portion of people didn't care for that.

Effect

The lack of reading comprehension and thinking of people is insane. People are 100% ignoring information right in front of their face to push their stupid narrative.

Boke1879

That ratings thread has only made cemented my opinion that the film with be divisive regardless of it's actual quality, because it's not "muh superman".

I mean that's cool if you like a Superman that doesn't throw punches. We had that in Returns and I'd say an even larger portion of people didn't care for that.

Wait! Is that why people are upset at this Superman? Because he actually fights?

Wait! Is that why people are upset at this Superman? Because he actually fights?

One person is, but in reality the R cut probably won't have much to do with Superman at all.

Just going to restate that I don't mind that people idealize Superman in that way, he's had many incarnations. Just don't care for it when they keep harping on the film as if it will change reality.

As I stated in the other thread, it will likely be scenes related to Batman. We don't even know what's being added in this version of the film. We have the rumored flashbacks, we have Batman branding criminals, we have the Knightmare sequence (where we saw Batman snapping a dude's neck), etc. It's easy to see how 10-20 seconds here or there on multiple takes from each of those sections could push this film into R territory.

I think some see R rating and think they filmed a blood bath when in reality, it's probably a few lingering seconds here or there that will be added in an extended cut Snyder really wanted to do.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
People are just fucking stupid. I mean seriously, I couldn't even finish reading that thread (which is at 9 pages as of this post). But it just proves this movie is gonna make a billion easy. No one will want to be left out of the conversation after it drops on March 25th.

Was watching Collider movie talk on the subject of Batman V Superman and Chris Gore came out and stated he knew someone who watched the movie. Said that he heard:
Gal Gadot in her scenes is the "standout" of the movie. And that the trailers haven't shown much of anything. Jon Schnepp confirms he has heard the same thing.
Disscusion begins around 23:40.

Take that for what it's worth.

I imagine some sort of exclusive poster or something

https://twitter.com/sylvioso/status/702287217650241536

I'd be cool with a poster or something.

My god, the breakdowns on twitter

I had my fill with MovieBob. I'm assuming that's the tenor being taken?

You know what the funny thing is? Some of the people screaming about how a "Superman movie" is rated R were probably the same people screaming about this a "Batman movie".

I'd be cool with a poster or something.

I had my fill with MovieBob. I'm assuming that's the tenor being taken?

You know what the funny thing is? Some of the people screaming about how a "Superman movie" is rated R were probably the same people screaming about this a "Batman movie".

Yeah, it's actually quite entertaining on some level. Saying things like 'WB is probably doing this to defend the film of it flops' - He is still entertaining the notion that might happen.

Honestly, I under stand the issues some one might have. Hell, I am someone who doesn't think Superman NEEDS to be R, not Batman.

But it could be good.

Can't wait for James Gun to say this is because of Deadpool

Studios send the film into the MPAA. MPAA rates it and sends it back with notes from the raters. If it's a rating they don't want they make edits and resubmit the film.

There's toy commercials for Batman v Superman now.
Here's one for the Epic Strike Batmobile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdBwBxqnJ04
And one for the Batman Voice Changer Helmet and the Kryptonite Strike Blaster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyFvRjm-ZGo

I got that Batmobile the day after Christmas. It's pretty fun.

tumblr_o0284pyM7s1ufsf3go4_400.gif

It's not quite movie accurate, though. It's not as wide, there's only one seat, the wheels are closer to the frame than they should be, and the gun is a whole lot bigger...but it's still pretty cool, and only $25. There's a movie accurate one coming out later this year from Mezco that should also hold 6" figures, but their 6" Batman v Superman figures are $75 each, so I expect that Batmobile to be pretty expensive.

Anyway, I also got that Armored Batman, Superman, and Mega-Armored Lex Luthor 3-pack, as well as Aquaman the day after new year's. I got the deluxe DC Multiverse Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman a few days later. I got the Funko POP! figures for Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman earlier this month. Yeah, I'm pretty hyped for the movie. I'd only bought like a handful of figures in the past decade before these (New 52 Supergirl, Greg Capullo Batgirl, S.H. Figuarts Sailor Moon, and a Hatsune Miku POP! figure).

Was watching Collider movie talk on the subject of Batman V Superman and Chris Gore came out and stated he knew someone who watched the movie. Said that he heard:
Gal Gadot in her scenes is the "standout" of the movie. And that the trailers haven't shown much of anything. Jon Schnepp confirms he has heard the same thing.
Disscusion begins around 23:40.

Take that for what it's worth.

The 19th & 25th will be a lot of fun.

Penguin

I laugh every time im in the Gotham section at Six Flags and this cuts in, not a single other track like that is on the playlist(Elfman & Shirley Walker)
Big punch of nostalgia though.

No lie
Unironically love the song

Better than Gotham City... barf

Also... another image that looks poster worthy
CcAKKZNUYAAZ-v6.jpg:large

DaveH

Also... another image that looks poster worthy
Awesome.

In-story, assuming this isn't a dramatized photo (which isn't a given), I guess that means Superman addresses the press after the hearing (because he doesn't going in). Which means we'll get at least two statements from him (in hearing and out)... but still leaves us wondering why Lois was ducking in that trailer. If taken as something occurring after the hearing, it also suggests nothing goes wrong in or during the hearing as a few different rumors suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom