• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures seem to take place right after the Zod battle. I'm imagining one of the reporters asking Supes why he killed Zod and Supes retorting: "Uh, you mean the homicidal alien who was going to kill you all? Yeah I killed him so you all would live. I'm now the last of my kind. You're welcome for that by the way." *flies off annoyed*

The grain comes off too strong on the high bit rate trailer downloads, and presumably the final product. As if they're enhancing the grain digitally to make it pronounced.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
He is going to do this

physical-humiliation-of-dissenters.jpg

And the internet will cry "Not muh Superman"

Awesome.

In-story, assuming this isn't a dramatized photo (which isn't a given), I guess that means Superman addresses the press after the hearing (because he doesn't going in). Which means we'll get at least two statements from him (in hearing and out)... but still leaves us wondering why Lois was ducking in that trailer. If taken as something occurring after the hearing, it also suggests nothing goes wrong in or during the hearing as a few different rumors suggest.
An anti-alien activist pulls a gun and shoots at Clark

Superman looks at him

"If you want to kill a Kryptonian, I recommend you buy American." ....

I just love Larry Fong's work, it's always so surreal. Man of Steel had great shots, but this looks like it's even better.

Time seems to move slower the closer we get to the movie :(, so I'm reading theories. This one seems to be making more sense, that Black Adam will be the star of the Shazam movie and part of the justice league. There's just a lot of headaches to deal with doing Billy, especially when Black Adam would fit better into the tone that the DCEU is pushing so far and he offers a bit of friction to the team. You have a tough time finding someone who is more charismatic than the Rock.

I kind of like the theory that Joker's tattoo's will have a magical effect like tattoo man. I don't think it's too far of a stretch that Joker would do anything for more power. So long as it's just for squad and not a permanent character trait.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It was a joke, you don't need to reply to every post I make like I'm serious or some shit.

My younger brother was at the ThinkGeek store at the mall, and they had a buy 2 get 1 free sale on Funko POP! figures, and he got me the Knightmare Batman one.

Now I'm only missing Armored Batman and the Superman Soldier.

My younger brother was at the ThinkGeek store at the mall, and they had a buy 2 get 1 free sale on Funko POP! figures, and he got me the Knightmare Batman one.

Now I'm only missing Armored Batman and the Superman Soldier.

Armored Batman is apparently a Funko subscription box exclusive. You got till March 1 to register for it.

Armored Batman is apparently a Funko subscription box exclusive. You got till March 1 to register for it.

Yeah, I know. I'm still not sure if I'm going to go for it or not, though. Still got a few days left to decide, at least.

I'm probably not going to bother with the Superman Soldier, at least not until after I see the movie.

ryan299

Theres a guy on reddit who claims to have seen it and is answering questions. He claims a Batman villain
(sounds likeScarecrow), is the one who gives Batman the nightmare

That's not even the craziest part. It's all BS.

Not true. That dialogue, omg. He also swears Batman kill while he.. well, doesn't.

Let's be honest, it's no worse than "Tell me, do you bleed? You will." We've also seen Batman snap a neck and do a strafing run with the Batplane with seemingly live ammunition in the trailers. I still think it's bullshit though.

IconGrist

Yea, that entire thing is bullshit, lol. That dialogue he gave up doesn't fit the style of any dialogue we've heard thus far. Then he keeps harping on this "Eisenberg isn't the real Lex" which was debunked a while ago. They just changed Lionel's name to make Lex a Jr. The fake interview with Lex also confirmed his father is dead IIRC.

Pretty sure Batman isn't killing unless we're talking about taking Superman down, then I think he will be going for the kill.

The prequel comics flat out state it, and we're getting a universe helmed by Geoff Johns. I don't think batman killing is on the table.

a916

Supposedly real spoilers were dropped on SHH forums. I don't frequent there, so I'm not sure how connected those guys are

I'm getting real close to not clicking on any thread or youtube video or article anymore... we're getting in that territory now... once I grab my day 1 tickets, I might be out until I watch the movie.

ryan299

I'm getting real close to not clicking on any thread or youtube video or article anymore... we're getting in that territory now... once I grab my day 1 tickets, I might be out until I watch the movie.

I hear ya man. The thing I read wasn't that big imo, but others would find it to be.

Has anybody here seen the movie, that I could pm and see if this info is real?

Effect

Yeah we're getting close to when screenings should be starting. Trying to avoid other forums because there will certainly be people that don't give a shit and will spoil things for people because they can. At least people now, be they lying or not, aren't trying to be jerks about it and are trying to be vague. I think in the next two weeks that ends. It certainly ends when people get that one week early screening. Many of those people aren't going to give a damn in regard to who they spoil the movie for and will take joy in it.

Could've sworn I saw an ad for it today in my Twitter feed from some random online toy shop. Crap, it's the only Batman one I need.

You could get it second hand but idk how expensive it'll go for. Funko collectors are nuts.

Supposedly real spoilers were dropped on SHH forums. I don't frequent there, so I'm not sure how connected those guys are

Curiosity will probably get the best of me.

shingi70

Banned
Was about to start collecting the movie DCEU pops, and man that UnderWater Aquaman pop is pretty expensive.

Any chance of a another printing.

I'm pretty sure Avengers had it..

They still have midnights just not the old 12:01 on every single screen thing. TDKR was literally like the last blockbuster with 12:01 showings exclusively.
1. it breaks up the mass crowds
2. It gets kids in earlier, obviously safer but mostly just better for the kids.(kids in pajamas used to be there at all the blockbuster midnight releases)

IconGrist

Next monday with the rest of the tickets...

Should we make a thread for that?

Tickets on sale Monday and any type of specials being offered?

Hmm. Maybe. I know no one I know had any idea tickets went on sale Monday. Or that tickets go on sale early at all for any movie, lol.

Effect

If you're REALLY into Batman v Superman

Regal has your back! for 100 bucks, can see the movie as many times as you like

CcEL3eCUUAAJ28p.jpg:large

Also Jesse's video for Omaze
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nbBhB9CLE

That's actually pretty cool. Granted it's a risk. What if the movie isn't any good. Still that's a good deal. I wonder if Cinemark is doing something like this. The price of their 3D XD or regular XD sound screenings for films is $12 a ticket. You could get your money worth in two weeks. Sooner if you find the time to go enough times.

I took a peek and I think someone said the best movie since TDK, or maybe even better. So huge grain of salt. I'd gather more but I don't want to spoil the movie too much if I can help it. I'm interested in reception (particularly negative ones & why) but don't want to spoil.

Shouldn't we have an early non-nda screener soon? I remember deadpool and ant man had early screens a few weeks in advance for fans and people hand picked by Marvel.

IconGrist

I took a peek and I think someone said the best movie since TDK, or maybe even better. So huge grain of salt. I'd gather more but I don't want to spoil the movie too much if I can help it. I'm interested in reception (particularly negative ones & why) but don't want to spoil.

Shouldn't we have an early non-nda screener soon? I remember deadpool and ant man had early screens a few weeks in advance for fans and people hand picked by Marvel.

I meant to grab a peek. Was it in the dedicated forum?

Then there is no hope for GAF because I'm telling you that a thread about (or even featuring!) that $100 see as many times as you like pass will be a DISASTER.

We just had a thread about the runtime...no matter what the news, it will be a disaster.

Oh y'all need to stop being babies. Not everybody excited about the movie comes to this thread. Someone will appreciate the news and that's the purpose of a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom