• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently people on SHH seem to think the reddit user Iveseenbvs is the real deal. His critique of the movie:

"Loved it. My favorite CBM. Give it a 9/10. For the record I have never given a film higher than a 9. It flows smoothly and focuses on Batman early on to set this incarnation but as the movie goes it balances itself out. I don't feel Superman was slighted."

I guess you could ask Veredus to verify a few of his spoilers if you want to. We're 4 weeks away so I hope I can control myself.

I meant to grab a peek. Was it in the dedicated forum?

Oh y'all need to stop being babies. Not everybody excited about the movie comes to this thread. Someone will appreciate the news and that's the purpose of a new thread.

Yeah the quote I pulled was from here

IconGrist

Apparently people on SHH seem to think the reddit user Iveseenbvs is the real deal. His critique of the movie:

"Loved it. My favorite CBM. Give it a 9/10. For the record I have never given a film higher than a 9. It flows smoothly and focuses on Batman early on to set this incarnation but as the movie goes it balances itself out. I don't feel Superman was slighted."

I guess you could ask Veredus to verify a few of his spoilers if you want to.

I misread a post and thought ExposingReality's posts were the legit ones and it scared the hell out of me. It sounded like the most awful thing ever.

Beta Stage

Neo Member

I guess you could ask Veredus to verify a few of his spoilers if you want to. We're 4 weeks away so I hope I can control myself.

Yeah the quote I pulled was from here

I don't really believe that they saw the movie. Mostly because:
Doomsday being found in a capsule in the ocean, while closer to his origin, contradicts what Michael Shannon said about wearing flippers and being CGI'd. Of course he could just be playing both him and Zod.

IconGrist

Doomsday being found in a capsule in the ocean, while closer to his origin, contradicts what Michael Shannon said about wearing flippers and being CGI'd. Of course he could just be playing both him and Zod.

Even that I would doubt
because they wouldn't pay Michael Shannon's rate when they just could get some nobody on the cheap and get equal results. You keep Shannon to keep his mannerisms in the movements.

bryanee

There is a clip in the comic con trailer with a character swimming in the ocean. Maybe that has something to do with it?

A lot of these leaks all seems to take from each other and mix and match.

ryan299

There is a clip in the comic con trailer with a character swimming in the ocean. Maybe that has something to do with it?

That's what people are speculating.

LexOs is tracking metahumans. We see video of of Aquaman fighting robots that Lex sends to capture him.
LexOs finds a metahuman and it turns out to be Doomsday, who landed on Earth 20 years ago. Lex then goes all Frankenstein on him and reactivates him using the genesis chamber.

Not buying this.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
Even that I would doubt
because they wouldn't pay Michael Shannon's rate when they just could get some nobody on the cheap and get equal results. You keep Shannon to keep his mannerisms in the movements.

Exactly!

Yeah, if Iveseenbvs is telling the truth, then that is probably when Doomsday is found.

Bleepey

If you're REALLY into Batman v Superman

Regal has your back! for 100 bucks, can see the movie as many times as you like

CcEL3eCUUAAJ28p.jpg:large

Also Jesse's video for Omaze
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nbBhB9CLE

Fuckers did it, a Bat credit card.

IconGrist

I'd cop this if this was Canadian... I'd have to watch this 5 times to break even. I already plan on watching this twice back to back opening night.

I have a Jurassic Park record to beat (12). I will definitely be trying to nab one of these.

anaron

seeing all the WW merchandise just reiterates how much I love the BVS costume. Easily the best yet simple update to Wondy.

Penguin

Still not a fan of that poster...

But this is a funny rumor

Apparently Ben re-wrote the script... while dressed as Batman

The Oscar-winning screenwriter “would go into wardrobe and get all suited up for the day in his Batman suit,” explains the insider of the action flick. “Then he would sit around reworking the script. Ben wasn’t thrilled with it and would find himself on multiple occasions fixing it the day of.”

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...an-v-superman-script-while-in-batsuit-w165258

I'm of the opinion this movie would be a dumpster fire if it wasn't for Affleck. It still might end up being a disappointment, but I think it would have been worse without him.

IconGrist

Ya hear that naysayers!? TWO OSCAR WINNING SCREENWRITERS!!

Lol, but seriously, that sounds like something Affleck would do. He's a bit of a perfectionist these days.

a916

I'm of the opinion this movie would be a dumpster fire if it wasn't for Affleck. It still might end up being a disappointment, but I think it would have been worse without him.

Most definitely... though the part where he wasn't thrilled with it is somewhat alarming. Doesn't sound like they bought Terrio in time.

Not likely he had to time to go over the entire script and fix everything he wanted to...

DaveH

Most definitely... though the part where he wasn't thrilled with it is somewhat alarming.
Note that this is a tabloid, relating an anonymous source, relating their interpretation of Affleck's level of thrill.

Eisenberg in on record saying BvS was wonderful because Snyder let them ad-lib and play with the psychologies of the characters (which he found both liberating and awkward, because he totally respects Affleck and Cavill... but his characters has utter contempt for them, so he'd ad-lib all manner of disrespectful dialog)... which is very different than MOS where they were very precious about following the script precisely (for better or worse).

Point being, Affleck is a precise kind of guy and given the freedom to change the flow of his lines, you can imagine him with furrowed brow rewriting just so he can seem half-as inspired as Eisenberg (who has a lot of live stage acting experience)... then some hair dresser or whomever the tabloid source is... seeing that and saying, "He looked serious"... which the tabloid changes to "wasn't thrilled." etc etc.

bruce-wayne-gets-snarky-in-new-batman-v-superman-tv-spot-785466.jpg

Don't believe everything you hear, son.

Still not a fan of that poster...

But this is a funny rumor

Apparently Ben re-wrote the script... while dressed as Batman

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...an-v-superman-script-while-in-batsuit-w165258

who knows if it's true but that would make sense. david goyer is such a bad writer when paired with nobody else. i'm baffled they went with him again regardless of the reception man of steel got.

thank god for the replacement. i bet this ends up feeling more natural because of it. the bruce/clark party scene is already a noticeable improvement.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
according to Deadline rival hollywood execs think the movie will do 100m-140m OW

lol

according to Deadline rival hollywood execs think the movie will do 100m-140m OW

lol

It's a mix of execs and analysts. Some of them think it'll go past 140, some think it might around the 100 mark.

Funny note: discussion of the movie spiked really hard with the news of the R-rating - and most of it was positive.

Those rival distributors who lowered their Batman v. Superman opening forecasts toward $100M have their suspicions about the Zack Snyder-helmed movie given the MPAA’s news that the home entertainment version of the movie would carry an R-rating. However, according to social media monitor RelishMix, since the R-rated news broke, the conversation for #BatmanvSuperman spiked 60% with 5K combined hashtags across Twitter and Instagram. Ninety-five percent of the chatter is positive about that R-rating.

lol

Uhhhh I thought you cant track until tickets are actually selling right?

Edit*
Twitter is annoying me now

OK, the he next person who says Deadpool will make more money needs to have their heads examined. Deadpool wasn't released in China, this film will be.

By default it will make just as much, of not a ridiculous amount more

guek

Banned

lol

Shouldn't they be opening for $200 Mill at least with good reviews, 250 with rave reviews?

The biggest opening of all time in March is Hunger Games with $152M.

Is a $200M opening possible? Well technically I suppose so, but only 3 movies in the history of cinema have broken that barrier and no movie has ever broken $250M. BvS isn't going to be bigger than fuckin Star Wars.

The most realistic optimistic opening is somewhere between $150-200M. Breaking $200M would be bonkers.

Penguin

Is a $200M opening possible? Well technically I suppose so, but only 3 movies in the history of cinema have broken that barrier and no movie has ever broken $250M. BvS isn't going to be bigger than fuckin Star Wars.

The most realistic optimistic opening is somewhere between $150-200M. Breaking $200M would be bonkers.

Yeah, I think realistically it's between 150-185 and 200 on the high/optimistic end.

100 is Warner burning it all down.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

if it gets good reviews or good early WOM from the people that go to those early screenings, then I can see it doing 180M-200M. If WOM is mixed then 150M-170M seems more realistic.

There's no way it'll do 100M that's just someone that have absolutely no idea how's the BO climate these days.

guek

Banned
Well that depends, right? Showings technically start on the evening of the 24th so if they count as a 4 day it could cross 200m.

Like I said, is it in the realm of possibility? Sure, but in the same way a $120M opening is possible. It's best not to set yourself up for disappointment and instead be pleasantly surprised if it exceeds expectations. Even with Thursday previews, the word of mouth in March would have to be as good as Deadpool's was in February to even come close to $200M let alone break it. Zack Snyder has never made a movie that's close to being as well received as Deadpool (or even Hunger Games, truth be told). So while this could potentially be his first film to achieve that kind of praise, it's probably not wise to pin your hopes on that happening.

I honestly don't see how it could be under 150M. I mean it's certainly possible, but I'd be amazed if it was under that threshold without some sort of freak storm on the East Coast preventing people from getting to the theaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom