• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I remembered there were mumblings about addressing the fallout of the attack in the sequel and how it was all planned.

Nah, it's definitely a reaction to MoS rather than a preplanned followthrough. Still, that's not the worst thing in the world. Any planned arc from MoS, rooted in MoS, would've been a disaster, since MoS itself really kind of failed to clearly set anything up, and also because it would've been planned by Goyer.

First Snake voiced King Shark, now Kaz voiced Doomsday.

What other Metal Gear voice actors will end up voicing large DC monster characters?

Verendus

Banned
Also, I noticed that when Zod uses his heat vision, the area is already a desolated war zone because of the World Machine. That contradicts the early BvS trailer where Bruce is standing outside, holding a phone and shouting, while the heat vision goes through the building complex.

Basically, I call bullshit on the notion that the BvS plot was already planned during MoS production.
I don't remember Man of Steel that well since it's been 3 years, but from what I recall, we only see scenes from the point of view of the Daily Planet workers, and you do see a lot of people running away. The World Engine is hitting the centre and slowly working its way outwards. The buildings are fine the further out you go. Opening spoilers only for BvS (should be fine):
Bruce heads to the building and World Engine. He's not in or around the building when things start going down, and is quite far from it. They show some folks in Metropolis that are trying to get away from the chaos as he heads deeper into it with debris falling etc. There are also glimpses of emergency services tending to people if I remember right. He then gets on foot, and then you get the scenes that are seen in the trailer. He witnesses Zod and Superman, and people running away from the collapsing building. They've only shown you the last part in the trailer, and not the whole lead up to it which is actually in the movie, and is relatively long.

I actually think that entire part is pretty amazing. Even if it wasn't originally planned, it was very smart. The whole opening sequence is great, so it's a good thing they've only shown the two brief glimpses of him screaming and running into the smoke.

Ahasverus

I actually think that entire part is pretty amazing. Even if it wasn't originally planned, it was very smart. The whole opening sequence is great, so it's a good thing they've only shown the two brief glimpses of him screaming and running into the smoke.
Hi Ver, can you confirm or deny the recent supposed spoilers saying that
Doomsday doesn't come from Zod but arrived 20 years before to the sea?

I don't remember Man of Steel that well since it's been 3 years, but from what I recall, we only see scenes from the point of view of the Daily Planet workers, and you do see a lot of people running away. The World Engine is hitting the centre and slowly working its way outwards. The buildings are fine the further out you go. Opening spoilers only for BvS (should be fine):
Bruce heads to the building and World Engine. He's not in or around the building when things start going down, and is quite far from it. They show some folks in Metropolis that are trying to get away from the chaos as he heads deeper into it with debris falling etc. There are also glimpses of emergency services tending to people if I remember right. He then gets on foot, and then you get the scenes that are seen in the trailer. He witnesses Zod and Superman, and people running away from the collapsing building. They've only shown you the last part in the trailer, and not the whole lead up to it which is actually in the movie, and is relatively long.

Just tell me this, please.

The little girl, someone randome or important ? If you decide to answer, please do it in spoilertags. Thanks.

Bleepey

How did he get sirens on this jeep? Also, can you give me an idea as to what you think the RT score will be?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Goddamn cocktease, just let me ask you this:

How good is the score? (and the WW theme)? All I wanna know.

IconGrist

Y'know Verendus, I really really want to ask you one question but I'm honestly afraid of the answer. It could ruin the DCEU for me depending on what is so I'm not even sure I want to know. Ugh, I hate the wait.

He's the hero NeoGAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Verendus

Banned
How did he get sirens on this jeep? Also, can you give me an idea as to what you think the RT score will be?
How do you know he's driving a jeep, friend? I didn't say that. I didn't even mention he goes there via car. He could've caught a taxi, or a bus. Or hijacked a motorcycle.

Who cares about RT friend? I think the vast majority of people will like the movie. Too good to be denied. Except on NeoGAF where even The Dark Knight Rises is a bad movie.

Edit:

Goddamn cocktease, just let me ask you this:

How good is the score? (and the WW theme)? All I wanna know.
Man of Steel had a much better score. I don't know what the Wonder Woman theme was, or if it's even in the movie. The best theme in the movie sounded like a variant of Superman's theme. That was the pretty much the main thing I remember of the soundtrack. Also why I think Man of Steel's soundtrack is a lot better. I don't really remember much of the new stuff here, but I definitely remember that Superman theme and his flying theme pretty well even from 3 years ago. Batman got robbed. I don't even know what the hell his theme is supposed to be. I must have missed it.

Ahasverus

I have no idea what you two are referring to. Link?
Some guy on imbd who was right on everything about Deadpool told a new bunch of spoilers saying Doomsday doesn't come from Zod and LexOS is a program that tracks super humans and Aquaman is only seen battilng its drones. I.. Don't like the sound of thag, specially the first it would be comic accurate but too convenient.

Penguin

There's only one question I want Verendus to answer... does Batman kill? I can't take more years of a conversation like that again!

Some guy on imbd who was right on everything about Deadpool told a new bunch of spoilers saying Doomsday doesn't come from Zod and LexOS is a program that tracks super humans and Aquaman is only seen battilng its drones. I.. Don't like the sound of thag, specially the first it would be comic accurate but too convenient.

I mean to be fair, we had a Kryptonian scout ship on our planet for centuries...

Ahasverus

I mean to be fair, we had a Kryptonian scout ship on our planet for centuries...
But Doomsday supposedly arrived 20 years ago. Why? There was nothing kryptonian alive 20 years ago unless they're going by the "he was sent by Darkseid /Brainiac" route, and that would not be explained for years.

And of course Batman doesn't kill.

Magwik

Banned

I mean the entire Deadpool script was pretty much floating around for a long time so I don't really put that much credence on his words.

Bleepey

How do you know he's driving a jeep, friend? I didn't say that. I didn't even mention he goes there via car. He could've caught a taxi, or a bus. Or hijacked a motorcycle.

Who cares about RT friend? I think the vast majority of people will like the movie. Too good to be denied. Except on NeoGAF where even The Dark Knight Rises is a bad movie.

Edit:

Man of Steel had a much better score. I don't know what the Wonder Woman theme was, or if it's even in the movie. The best theme in the movie sounded like a variant of Superman's theme. That was the pretty much the main thing I remember of the soundtrack. Also why I think Man of Steel's soundtrack is a lot better. I don't really remember much of the new stuff here, but I definitely remember that Superman theme and his flying theme pretty well even from 3 years ago. Batman got robbed. I don't even know what the hell his theme is supposed to be. I must have missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQjBantIOcw

Is why i thought Jeep. I only ask what you think of the Rt score cos I assume your NDA says shit like you can't say it's the best film ever as well as plot details. Me asking you about the RT score is an indirect way to ask you your opinion without violating NDA.

Ahasverus

Is why i thought Jeep. I only ask what you think of the Rt score cos I assume your NDA says shit like you can't say it's the best film ever as well as plot details. Me asking you about the RT score is an indirect way to ask you your opinion without violating NDA.
Verendus cares shit about NDA's lol

No dates for my tickets yet :(. I'm currently an unemployed graduate (but probably not for long) so I don't know which date to pick lol. Better pick the weekend to be safe.

So... No more spoiler tags on potential spoilers, even if they come from questionable sources like IMDB forums? Okay.

The spoiler tag is dead, bury it.

This film is going to spawn so many god damn memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom