• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
Just tell me this, please.

The little girl, someone randome or important ? If you decide to answer, please do it in spoilertags. Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiAMlbwk360

I'm only answering because this is unimportant. She's not someone important. She's just a little Chinese girl. (Not Chinese.)

Also, I don't know how some of you are going to enjoy this movie while searching out so many spoilers. I do kind of get it (some have comics knowledge and all so it doesn't matter) but what happens when they hold those early screenings? You're going to know the entire movie because there are going to be hundreds of people telling you everything. This was a movie worth watching not knowing anything, especially if you're someone who doesn't keep up with comics. Not often you get a great superhero movie.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQjBantIOcw

Is why i thought Jeep. I only ask what you think of the Rt score cos I assume your NDA says shit like you can't say it's the best film ever as well as plot details. Me asking you about the RT score is an indirect way to ask you your opinion without violating NDA.
Wow. They're spoiling everything! I kid. That looks slightly different from how I remember it. Maybe that's just because this doesn't show much.

Well, I just checked the Nolan trilogy for you friend, since I think they're the only superhero movies better than this movie. (Batman Begins has way too low of a score. 85%? What? Average rating of 7.7? What?) So I'll go with 80s then.

This stuff doesn't even matter though. These critic's opinions are worthless.

Ahasverus

Also, I don't know how some of you are going to enjoy this movie while searching out so many spoilers. I do kind of get it (some have comics knowledge and all so it doesn't matter) but what happens when they hold those early screenings? You're going to know the entire movie because there are going to be hundreds of people telling you everything. This was a movie worth watching not knowing anything, especially if you're someone who doesn't keep up with comics. Not often you get a great superhero movie.
You are completely right.
In other topic, are you excited for the R cut? I remember you saying you wanted a longer cut of the movie.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
How do you know he's driving a jeep, friend? I didn't say that. I didn't even mention he goes there via car. He could've caught a taxi, or a bus. Or hijacked a motorcycle.

Who cares about RT friend? I think the vast majority of people will like the movie. Too good to be denied. Except on NeoGAF where even The Dark Knight Rises is a bad movie.

Edit:

Man of Steel had a much better score. I don't know what the Wonder Woman theme was, or if it's even in the movie. The best theme in the movie sounded like a variant of Superman's theme. That was the pretty much the main thing I remember of the soundtrack. Also why I think Man of Steel's soundtrack is a lot better. I don't really remember much of the new stuff here, but I definitely remember that Superman theme and his flying theme pretty well even from 3 years ago. Batman got robbed. I don't even know what the hell his theme is supposed to be. I must have missed it.

Damn, hope I like it more. I love pretty much everything they released so far. Their War Here, Is She with you (it grew on me), Red Capes are coming and this is my world (which is a version of the Superman theme). Was hoping for some hype music for the battles, but then again MoS was Zimmer going full throttle. And even if it comes close (for me) I'd be happy. Thanks for the answer!

Also, lol^. These DC movies are so damn quotable. Especially Joker and Bane were great for some good quotes.

I'm only answering because this is unimportant. She's not someone important. She's just a little Chinese girl. (Not Chinese.)

Thanks for your answer. Yeah, I don't need more spoilers.

IconGrist

I honestly just want to know if
Superman comes out on top against Batman.

Really the only spoiler I give a shit about because the answer will actually decidea whether or not I walk out of the movie with a smile on my face.

Verendus

Banned
You are completely right.
In other topic, are you excited for the R cut? I remember you saying you wanted a longer cut of the movie.
Happy and sad at the same time. They should've shown me that if they already had a cut. I doubt the R rating means much since it's probably a light one. But I'm assuming this is an extended cut. I wonder if it's only a few minutes difference, or if it's something significant. I would've liked a few more quieter moments so hopefully this adds some.

Edit:

Really the only spoiler I give a shit about because the answer will actually decidea whether or not I walk out of the movie with a smile on my face.
I'm not going to answer that question, but the answer should kind of be obvious. If your concern is Superman looks bad, then you don't have to worry. The movie does a great job of making both guys look good, and Superman gets his big moment too.

i'm really

not expecting a definitive winner. It's rare that super hero encounters turn out that way, especially when the film supposedly concludes with the league forming. I imagine both will get their shots in.

IconGrist

i'm really

not expecting a definitive winner. It's rare that super hero encounters turn out that way, especially when the film supposedly concludes with the league forming. I imagine both will get their shots in.

I'm totally cool with Batman getting some good shots in but I think it undermines Superman's value if some guy, as skilled as he is, can just stomp his ass whenever he pleases. I believe it to be important that Superman show, at least in this regard, that Batman is not his equal. Batman's value lies more in his ability to think on his feet and best make use of resources (in the future this being how the League is utilized) but he shouldn't be able give Superman a loss until he knows him well enough. Which is obviously not the case here where they don't know each other.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm totally cool with Batman getting some good shots in but I think it undermines Superman's value if some guy, as skilled as he is, can just stomp his ass whenever he pleases. I believe it to be important that Superman show, at least in this regard, that Batman is not his equal. Batman's value lies more in his ability to think on his feet and best make use of resources (in the future this being how the League is utilized) but he shouldn't be able give Superman a loss until he knows him well enough. Which is obviously not the case here where they don't know each other.

Sorry, Bats gonna win.

I just want heroic Superman moments.

Verendus

Banned
Yeah Kevin said the assemble cut was that long. So good. I hope it is around Watchmen's DC in length.
How long is the Watchmen Director's Cut?

In an extended BvS cut, I think I'd just want a couple more quiet scenes involving Bruce and Clark. Then maybe one or two more scenes of Wonder Woman since she doesn't have that much of a presence (although I'm not sure how you get her in there without the movie losing its focus), as well the ending being slightly extended. So that's probably about fifteen to twenty minutes without hurting the pacing of the movie too much, and making the third act better.

I guess that'd bring it up close to three hours, but I don't think there's many spots in the movie where you can really extend it. Inserting the scenes early on would be easier with some moments that could breathe a little more. I guess they could show Spike-Hulk being brutalized a little more, but that sequence is long as it is.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Lol why I did I tag that whole thing if you just blurt out what we were talking about? XD

Well, usually I would but I'm on my phone and it keeps putting the tags in front of your post. Second, it's just speculation tbh and we have talked about it openly before. So there is that.

In an extended BvS cut, I think I'd just want a couple more quiet scenes involving Bruce and Clark. Then maybe one or two more scenes of Wonder Woman since she doesn't have that much of a presence (although I'm not sure how you get her in there without the movie losing its focus), as well the ending being slightly extended. So that's probably about fifteen to twenty minutes without hurting the pacing of the movie too much, and making the third act better.

I guess that'd bring it up close to three hours, but I don't think there's many spots in the movie where you can really extend it. Inserting the scenes early on would be easier with some moments that could breathe a little more. I guess they could show Spike-Hulk being brutalized a little more, but that sequence is long as it is.

3h I think.

I am leaving this thread. Goodbye, see you in the OT.

Ahasverus

The Director's Cut is was 3 hours 6 minutes long.
The Ultimate Cut though? 3 hours 58 minutes long.

And yes, they added lots of quiet character moments in there, specially in the DC's as the Ultimate Cut is it with a few additional scenes and animated shorts in between mirroring the original comic.

bryanee

I'm watching MoS and god damn this Smallville fight is outstanding from start to finish. I'll never get tired of it.

Just don't

tumblr_inline_n6h1o1RCnM1qgs9x0.gif

Verendus

Banned
Hey Verendus, if you had to, where would you rank BvS if you had BvS, AOU, GOTG, MOS and DKR?
1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Batman v Superman
5. X2
6. Blade
7. Days of Future Past
8. Winter Soldier
9. Man of Steel
10. Guardians of the Galaxy
11. Iron Man
12. Blade 2

Those are all the superhero movies I've really liked. All others were either okay or forgettable. I could rank them, but I'd rather not bother since it's not worth the effort. I can hardly remember them as it is. Aside from the really bad ones, they'd probably all be on a similar level of enjoyment. I guess you can determine whether our tastes allign from this. My top two are interchangeable, and they're also the only two I've ever watched more than once.

a916

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Batman v Superman
5. X2
6. Blade
7. Days of Future Past
8. Winter Soldier
9. Man of Steel
11. Iron Man
12. Blade 2

Those are all the superhero movies I've really liked. All others were either okay or forgettable. I could rank them, but I'd rather not bother since it's not worth the effort. I can hardly remember them as it is. Aside from the really bad ones, they'd probably all be on a similar level of enjoyment. I guess you can determine whether our tastes allign from this. My top two are interchangeable, and they're also the only two I've ever watched more than once.

Ah, thanks! Our tastes pretty much line up.

Bleepey

Edit:

Wow. They're spoiling everything! I kid. That looks slightly different from how I remember it. Maybe that's just because this doesn't show much.

Well, I just checked the Nolan trilogy for you friend, since I think they're the only superhero movies better than this movie. (Batman Begins has way too low of a score. 85%? What? Average rating of 7.7? What?) So I'll go with 80s then.

This stuff doesn't even matter though. These critic's opinions are worthless.

Oh my.

Verendus

Banned
Days of Future Past was so good. Those sentinels were equal parts amazing and horrifying. I can remember thinking I'd love to see a movie set in that future, which focuses on mutants fighting for survival against them. Apocalypse is going to be the best. I would welcome a four hour version of that movie if they spent two hours building it up, and gathering his horsemen. One movie is not enough for this.

What I really want is a TV series. That's what X-Men needs.

Firemind

I'm watching MoS and god damn this Smallville fight is outstanding from start to finish. I'll never get tired of it.
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually like the first act the best. The way Clark selflessly saves people and the speech Pa Kent gives to a young Clark who just wants to be a normal kid... makes me pink away a tear. People didn't like Jonathan for being overly cautious but I think he is the real hero of the film for shaping Clark into the person he is. Then Zod and his goons arrive and I'm like

It made no sense how the military tried to beat the goons by smashing two ships together to create a black hole. Like, really, Jor-El? I guess you're the scientist here... Then there were the F-22 pilots who try to get close to the gravity machine because their missiles are bouncing off the World Engine and into the hapless civilians on the ground. Really smart there, dudes. And the people in the Daily Mail who just stand there while the World Engine is running. The worst thing that made zero sense at all is when Clark and Zod duke it out. They fly into space, hit a satellite on their way and come crashing down into... Metropolis again! Like, the hell? What are the odds?

The Smallville fight was pretty cool though.

BTM

Days of Future Past was so good. Those sentinels were equal parts amazing and horrifying. I can remember thinking I'd love to see a movie set in that future, which focuses on mutants fighting for survival against them. Apocalypse is going to be the best. I would welcome a four hour version of that movie if they spent two hours building it up, and gathering his horsemen. One movie is not enough for this.

Days of future past is a masterpiece.

I love you guys. DOFP is amazing

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Batman v Superman
5. X2
6. Blade
7. Days of Future Past
8. Winter Soldier
9. Man of Steel
11. Iron Man
12. Blade 2

Where's Spider-Man 2? You'd never give it to an ordinary movie!

http://www.acting-auditions.org/201...ing-calls-underway-for-actors-and-extras.html

George Miller is serving as producer
The production company name is "Caveman"....Vandal Savage?
Edit: Confirming Amber Heard Mera as well?

If accurate, the curious case of Green Lantern in JL continues.

I watched it again recently for the first time since 2014 and I liked it a lot more than I remembered.

a916

Justin Kroll of Variety on the Meet the Movie Press youtube show said he heard the film is great and the R rated dvd is WB trying to boost dvd sales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP-dzu4HK60 around the 32 minute mark it starts

Interesting considering just how ridiculous MOS did on Bluray... that thing sold like gangbusters.

It made no sense how the military tried to beat the goons by smashing two ships together to create a black hole. Like, really, Jor-El? I guess you're the scientist here... Then there were the F-22 pilots who try to get close to the gravity machine because their missiles are bouncing off the World Engine and into the hapless civilians on the ground. Really smart there, dudes. And the people in the Daily Mail who just stand there while the World Engine is running. The worst thing that made zero sense at all is when Clark and Zod duke it out. They fly into space, hit a satellite on their way and come crashing down into... Metropolis again! Like, the hell? What are the odds?

The Smallville fight was pretty cool though.

I could be wrong, but the black hole was conceived with the same tech that allowed them to warp space and travel, the phantom drive. They were trapped in it initially, and the idea was to blow up that ship so that it uncorked it or made it unstable and suck up everything into the phantom zone again. The phantom zone drive worked by accessing black holes and folding space. It's not too big of a stretch to have it become unstable and collapse in on it self. Which makes me believe that Faora is still alive in the phantom zone somewhere.

Verendus

Banned
Where's Spider-Man 2? You'd never give it to an ordinary movie!
Have you ever had a movie where the leads prevent you from enjoying it? Spider-Man 2 is that movie for me. I didn't like the original one as it is, but Spider-Man 2 has a lot about it that's good. I acknowledge that. Molina, Simmons, Aunt May, but man do I dislike Tobey Maguire and Mary Jane's on-screen characters. I just can't enjoy it. It's been twelve years, so maybe I'd feel differently now, but I remember just disliking them so much.

I can't even explain it, because how do I explain that? It's not particularly rational, since I don't dislike them in other movies that I've seen them in, but in the Raimi Spider-Mans? I found them so annoying. Parker was weak willed, and a little whiny boy, and Mary Jane was kind of an asshole.

I'm still waiting for a Spider-Man movie I really like, and considering the new one is going to be some kid again, I'm guessing I'll be waiting quite a long time yet.

rokero

So many spoiler tags have me nervous as fuck not gonna click on any,but I want to know has the winner of the fight been spoiled ? If it has I'm bailing no more lurking for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom