• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That's not good enough at all. Lacks the finesse, the subteilty, the overarching melody, it's a gothic pastiche, not a real gothic piece. I'm sure Affleck would go for a more serious composer.

I have no knowledge at all about that kinda stuff so I'll take your word for it not being a real gothic piece, but for me it's good enough. I love movie scores, don't know shit about motifs and whatnot. I listen, do I like it? Yes/no, that's it.

You think they'll change the Batman theme that quickly? And tbf, the full track is supposedly 14 minutes long or so. Though Verendus did say Batman got fucked over with his theme so there is that....

Ahasverus

You think they'll change the Batman theme that quickly? And tbf, the full track is supposedly 14 minutes long or so. Though Verendus did say Batman got fucked over with his theme so there is that....
I'd think they'd expand on the theme but make it sound more melodic. I don't expect the next Batman movie to be thos loud action flick, I think it would be more intimate and the score will reflect that. Think of what Zimmer did to Horner's Amazing Spiderman score. He took the main theme but expanded on it greatly.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'd think they'd expand on the theme but make it sound more melodic. I don't expect the next Batman movie to be thos loud action flick, I think it would be more intimate and the score will reflect that. Think of what Zimmer did to Horner's Amazing Spiderman score. He took the main theme but expanded on it greatly.

About that, did Zimmer actually do that soundtrack? It's been awhile since I've seen that movie but from what I have heard/read he just took the paycheque, slapped his name on it but didn't really put in the work. I'll listen to it later today.

And could be, but since it's 14 minutes it still could be more melodic without the loud drums and all of that. I do think Junkie is more suited for the bombastic stuff.

Penguin

Just finished Superman 2 (original recipe) and the movie still has a ton of charm. It has it's problems... and the one scene in a Superman film that I truly hate (him beating up the truck driver at the end), but a ton of fun.

Just honest in its earnest. Campy in the right way. Has a ton of heart and stellar acting across the board. And limited Otis

Penguin

So, is Batman Bad Blood any good?

I enjoyed it.

The best of the "Damian saga" DTVs they've released

Also... think anyone in NYC will notice?

CcP-U0yWwAAMW5T.jpg

Having watched it again recently, both my younger brother and I thought Superman II theatrical version was good...but it has too many scenes that are out of place...like Zod and his crew using their super breath to blow things around all goofy like for several minutes. Donner cut is a lot better, even if it uses test footage for some scenes, and still has that second diner scene. I wish Donner had got gotten to finish making the movie the first go around.

Anyway, I normally don't like to rank things, but here's how I'd rank the Superman movies: Superman: The Movie, Man of Steel, Superman II Donner cut, Superman Returns, Superman II theatrical, Superman IV, Superman III.

I'm rewatching the Batman movies soon. I only watched the '66 one so far. I was rewatching all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies after the Superman ones, and just finished that the other day.

GeeTeeCee

I've never actually watched Superman 1-4, just Returns. I'm not sure why I never had any real desire to watch them.

Might rewatch Burton's Batman soon, though I'm not as keen on Batman Returns.

Penguin

I've never actually watched Superman 1-4, just Returns. I'm not sure why I never had any real desire to watch them.

Might rewatch Burton's Batman soon, though I'm not as keen on Batman Returns.

Curious how Returns works on its own since a sequel to Superman/Superman 2

And gonna watch Batman Returns soon.

Super happy that IMAX link suggest the BFI IMAX will have IMAX 2D. They have bigger 3D glasses for people with glasses but imo it's still an uncomfortable annoyance. Will be nice to see it a few days before my operation. As long as I don't wake up from it thinking I'm Batman

GeeTeeCee

Curious how Returns works on its own since a sequel to Superman/Superman 2

And gonna watch Batman Returns soon.

I thought Superman Returns was okay when I first saw it, and I think I've watched it twice overall, though that was a few years agk now. I might have to watch the original Superman films now just to see if they change mh perspective on Returns.

Imagine if Routh's Superman teamed up with Bale's Batman, because I can't.

I watched the original superman today again. It had some fun moments (I wish they included smallville stuff in MoS), I liked everything until Lex got involved. I just don't care for his version of Lex at all. The climax is the weakest part of the film. I prefer the donner cut of Superman 2 over everything else in the classic series. I would have loved to see him make a modern Superman film, though I think BvS will be the best film with Superman yet. It's hard to rank them because they each have their own great parts and none of them are perfect, but so far imo

Man of Steel > Superman 2 Donner > Superman > Superman Returns > Superman 2 theater.

Ahasverus

SHH is all about fake spoilers these days. Don't put your money on them, no matter how good they sound. Verendus is yout only trustful source kids

Platy

Read it at SHH but its from imdb, which means it's probably fake. It's a cool theory if fake. Has to do with the dream sequence.

The
Knightmare about how bruce see it being all fucked up by darkseid and prompted the creation of the justice league?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
stuff seems pretty similar to what that reddit user said.

also he mentions that

superman goes to space with doomsday and people think he died

Wasn't something like that mentioned before?

the only thing I'm ehhh about is

lex having aquaman imprisoned, if that's true why atlantis didn't straight up invade earh to get back Arthur? And why Mera was ok with it? If he has his Aquaman armor then he has been at Atlantis already and knows Mera. So it's weird for Atlantis to not try to get back their king.

Unless that's explained in JL. it's the only part of his plot description that makes think this is fake.

ryan299

also he mentions that

lex having aquaman imprisoned, if that's true why atlantis didn't straight up invade earh to get back Arthur? And why Mera was ok with it? If he has his Aquaman armor then he has been at Atlantis already and knows Mera. So it's weird for Atlantis to not try to get back their king.

Unless that's explained in JL. it's the only part of his plot description that makes think this is fake.

I believe he explains that Aquaman is captured in the film after Lex launches LexOS. The scene where Bruce and Clark talks is the launch party of it.

the part I like is
we see the league fighting Parademons and Superman in the nightmare. Supposedly Darkseid turns Superman evil.

IconGrist

Are you guys talking about the guy on IMDB? That shit is fake. Someone was asking for something specific and he kept just vaguely referencing the trailer.

Text screenings are over with. They don't do them this close to release. People will be seeing the movie here in about 2 weeks anyway so why bother with them at this point.

So from the ashes of the Batman v Superman "rain" thing in Twitter, we have this...mess.

Long story short, this person's been using a bot/multiple bots on Twitter to get more favorites/retweets for BvS tweets he makes.

Tabby

So from the ashes of the Batman v Superman "rain" thing in Twitter, we have this...mess.

Long story short, this person's been using a bot/multiple bots on Twitter to get more favorites/retweets for BvS tweets he makes.
The sad thing is that in the end, whoever is behind this will probably watch it anyways.

This is all just really pathetic if I'm honest. I feel sorry that their lives are so petty that they'd pay for bots to spread hate for a movie.

a916

While, this is probably a thing if bots are tweeting out the same message... it's probably some troll that will amount to nothing. I'd pay it no mind. Just some jaded person or people. I'm sure something like this exists for Marvel movies and it definitely did for the Star Wars one (fans spoiling it because Disney turned canon into legends)

IconGrist

While, this is probably a thing if bots are tweeting out the same message... it's probably some troll that will amount to nothing. I'd pay it no mind. Just some jaded person or people. I'm sure something like this exists for Marvel movies and it definitely did for the Star Wars one (fans spoiling it because Disney turned canon into legends)

What makes it so pathetic is the cost to do this. It ain't cheap. Especially since whoever it is has been at it for a couple of years. Shit adds up.

Small casting addition. Spoiled because it leads to pointed speculation.
Carla Gugino is returning to voice something in BvS. She voiced the Kryptonian Siri in MoS.

Platy

also he mentions that

I believe he explains that Aquaman is captured in the film after Lex launches LexOS. The scene where Bruce and Clark talks is the launch party of it.

the part I like is
we see the league fighting Parademons and Superman in the nightmare. Supposedly Darkseid turns Superman evil.

Those speculation sometimes look like they just read the New 52/Justice League War and wrote the stuff =P

Small casting addition. Spoiled because it leads to pointed speculation.
Carla Gugino is returning to voice something in BvS. She voiced the Kryptonian Siri in MoS.

....did the
fortress of solitude
appeared in Man of Steel ?

Platy

Sad that Lex gets more star power than Diana

You have fucking WONDER WOMAN and you choose that the enemy that appeared in EVERY SINGLE version of Superman is more important to market your movie =P

BadAss2961

Sad that Lex gets more star power than Diana

You have fucking WONDER WOMAN and you choose that the enemy that appeared in EVERY SINGLE version of Superman is more important to market your movie =P
Well, Lex's role is much greater in this movie.

Diana's out filming.

Platy

Makes sense

It just pisses me that not even Batman has that % of Joker on his movies and we never got a live action Brainiac outside of SMALLVILLE ... and that was AFTER Mxyzptlk !

edit : LOIS AND CLARK has Mxyzptlk and not a Brainiac !

You know, Donner said that if had gotten to continue making the Superman films, Superman III would have had Brainiac and Supergirl in it. Too bad he got kicked off the movies, and we got Richard Pryor's Suddenly A Tech Genius featuring Superman instead.

Man of Steel 2 was also rumored to introduce Brainiac and Supergirl.

Watching Journey of Discovery: Creating Man of Steel, the almost 3 hour documentary that play with the movie. It's pretty cool so far.

Edit: Finished watching it. It was pretty damn cool. Lots of interesting stuff, and some funny behind the scenes moments. And Michael Shannon holding a Zod figure and being awkward whenever he popped up was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom