• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So my theater is saying they can't start sellig the tickets because the runtime has not been officially confirmed by the distributor yet. Waiting on that before they start selling. Is there any link of WB confirming the runtime?

Yager

Banned
Well, at least you guys know when they're going to sell them. Here in Spain there's no date as to when they'll be available (some people say that also today, but it's not confirmed). Well, at least we get to see the movie on the 23rd.

Penguin

Love my city... hate our prices

CcZLATxUsAATgXf.jpg

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Well, at least you guys know when they're going to sell them. Here in Spain there's no date as to when they'll be available (some people say that also today, but it's not confirmed). Well, at least we get to see the movie on the 23rd.

I think it's the same problem we have here in the Netherlands. The runtime is not yet confirmed to the theaters so they can't start selling them. That is the probleme here, as I've been told by the local theater. Hope they pick it up and confirm it, the theaters probably have everything already in place with times and whatnot. But just need the official confirmation.

Yager

Banned
I think it's the same problem we have here in the Netherlands. The runtime is not yet confirmed to the theaters so they can't start selling them. That is the probleme here, as I've been told by the local theater. Hope they pick it up and confirm it, the theaters probably have everything already in place with times and whatnot. But just need the official confirmation.

That might be it, yeah. Anyway, after three fucking years I guess I can deal with this little wait before the tickets are on sale...or not.

The small chain I go to hasn't posted shit yet. I'm gonna be in the area today, so I might stop in and see if they have anything up at the theater.

ryan299

Two of my local theaters aren't even selling tickets yet lol. I live in a populated area but no theaters will sell out here. They never do.

On another note, Faraci is a hack.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Can't believe it. It's actually here and real. Just purchased 6 tickets for IMAX 3D on March 25th at 12:00pm!! Best seats in the theater.

Ahasverus

I am back.

He really is. Oh man, going on his twitter page makes me kinda angry.
Oh man hahaha. It's anti damage control. He's already prepping his talking points, vague enough to be self inserting lol. Poor Fartaci, he's gonna have a reaally bad time looking at the Internet. Can't wait for his contrarian article crying himself to be the sole sound of reason on the Internet, like when he was alone, in a corner, defending the underrated Star Wars original trilogy. Fool.

Hey, do we have any idea how much of this movie is in 3D? The only IMAX near me is a liemax, and it's 3D, so I'm trying to decide whether the larger screen and (literally) bone-shaking audio is worth the extra cost and eyestrain from 3D.

Lead based grenade. Argument over. This is why you wait until you see the movie before nitpicking, cause you can end up with egg on your face over the dumbest stuff.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Who gives a shit, just ignore him. Just some random blogger/reviewer whatever he is, thousands like him.

As soon as the tickets are available, I'll buy two for the very first screening. And two for on Sunday that week, to go with my nephew. Hyped!

That does seem like a silly point. Sometimes you have to fudge a character's powers a bit for the sake of dramatic impact - The Flash's writers do it all the time.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The entre clip shows Superman is not even being serious. Him using the full extend of his powers would mean otherwise. From Superman POV he is not fighting some overpowered alien just some normal guy that dresses like a bat. If he wanted the fight would be over in a second.

Why is that suddenly so hard to grasp? Why random internet bloggers are so stupid regarding this movie?

The entre clip shows Superman is not even being serious. Him using the full extend of his powers would mean otherwise. From Superman POV he is not fighting some overpowered alien just some normal guy that dresses like a bat. If he wanted the fight would be over in a second.

Why is that suddenly so hard to grasp? Why random internet bloggers are so stupid regarding this movie?

I am at a point where I ask myself if I am too stupid to see how bad this movie is, because I am a fucking fanboy. I really don't see anything really bad about this film. What is it with the nitpicking with this movie. Holy shit, wtf is wrong with people? (Or me)

BadAss2961

His words -

Batman fools a guy with X-ray vision who is as fast as The Flash by throwing down a smoke canister in the latest BvS clip.

and

BvS is going to prove that things that work on the comic page will not work as well in live action.
He's really exposing himself with this movie.

Ahasverus

I think Larry Fong deserves a special mention, all that has been shown from this movie looks great, the budget is really apparent and the way scenes are shot seem to be super calculated, trying to emulate the comic book feel. Today's clip made me too happy.

In fairness, it's not just this movie. Somewhere along the way the Plinkett reviews and cinemasins pedantic observations were mistaken for meaningful criticism. Not simply entertainment, in Plinkett's case at least. It's, you know, watching Return of the Jedi with pals it's fun to point out Luke's force kick. But nobody has a tantrum over it.

a916

In fairness, it's not just this movie. Somewhere along the way the Plinkett reviews and cinemasins pedantic observations were mistaken for meaningful criticism. Not simply entertainment, in Plinkett's case at least. It's, you know, watching Return of the Jedi with pals it's fun to point out Luke's force kick. But nobody has a tantrum over it.

Are the "What's wrong with this movie" parody? Because watching them makes you think an idiot wrote them... "Movie still on Krypton, -1"

Penguin

Devin's "criticism" as it were, reminds me of the odd behavior around this movie. Where everyone wants to be smarter than the movie by being stupid.

What I mean is everyone takes everything at face-value. The scene where Bruce calls Clark "son" some folks took as an insult since Bruce isn't much older than Clark. The scene where Superman unmasks Batman was taken as Superman being evil in the actual world. The fact that we see Doomsday, everyone has taken to mean he is what interrupts the fight and assume absolutely nothing happens in-between their fight and Doomsday one... which could be the case, but we don't know.

And now the assumption that the gas was to only blind Superman and nothing else. It could be, but we don't know without the rest of the movie around it.

Anyhow, took a trip down to Times Square during lunch!

CcZu5gnXEAAJa52.jpg
CcZu6NhXIAAs6uS.jpg

CcZu6o4WAAApKi4.jpg

CcZyX8PWEAAVwQC.jpg

CcZyYQEWEAMTvMr.jpg

the advertisement wraps around the entire street (it's a shortened street/island, but still!)

that 'son' thing was an insult though. he was being condescending to clark kent (and damn good at it too haha @ the smirk) and then lex luthor demeans both of them with his choice of words and attitude as well.

Penguin

that 'son' thing was an insult though. he was being condescending to clark kent (and damn good at it too haha @ the smirk) and then lex luthor demeans both of them with his choice of words and attitude as well.

Oh he was being insulting, but some folks (not on here) took it literal as if Bruce was saying he was old enough to be Clark's dad... true fact!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I think people also forget that Superman isn't trying to win this fight, he is trying to make Batman step down as a vigilante and to stop him from being, well, Batman.

I'd love to see this clip in full HD, hopefully WB uploads it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom