• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he was being insulting, but some folks (not on here) took it literal as if Bruce was saying he was old enough to be Clark's dad... true fact!

But...

006hyd_diane_lane_004.jpg

BadAss2961

Johndoey

Banned
I think people also forget that Superman isn't trying to win this fight, he is trying to make Batman step down as a vigilante and to stop him from being, well, Batman.

I'd love to see this clip in full HD, hopefully WB uploads it or something.
Yeah I don't know why people are still acting like the conclusion to fight fight was supposed to be some shocker or that Superman clearly wouldn't be going full force on a dude in a thick suit.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably too soon to tell, but the ticket sales haven't been setting the world on fire, have they? Granted some of Euro-GAF isn't able to purchase the dam things but still. I just hope it makes enough money so they keep Zack and continue this whole thing.

IconGrist

It's probably too soon to tell, but the ticket sales haven't been setting the world on fire, have they? Granted some of Euro-GAF isn't able to purchase the dam things but still. I just hope it makes enough money so they keep Zack and continue this whole thing.

Too soon.

It's accounting for 40% of the tickets sold today on movietickets.com. It's up 6% in the past hour or so.

Ahasverus

They are surpassing Jurasic World at the same time. If you compare it to Star Wars you'll end up disappointed, with every movie, ever.

Ahasverus

Saw this on SHH

AOU was at 21% in the first 24 hrs

https://web.archive.org/web/20150421...ietickets.com/

Star Wars was at 75% in the first 24 hours

https://web.archive.org/web/20151022...ietickets.com/

Jurrasic World was at 51% in the first 24 hours

https://web.archive.org/web/20150609...ietickets.com/
And we're only 5 hours in lol

I'd say this is the nail of the hater's (specially journalists) coffin. No matter how many one man crussades you fight, they're just an insignificant ant in an endless, deaf sea.

Boke1879

Too soon. It's not going to do SW numbers

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, nvm then. Good to know, are there still places in Murica that haven't made it available yet? Also, is that site tracking for certain theaters only?

Btw I didn't expect SW numbers. That had pretty much everything going for it, this movie however....I just want it to be good and make enough money so we'll get more.

Magwik

Banned
And we're only 5 hours in lol

I'd say this is the nail of the hater's (specially journalists) coffin. No matter how many one man crussades you fight, they're just an insignificant ant in an endless, deaf sea.

They'll find a way to dismiss the numbers

Ahasverus

They'll find a way to dismiss the numbers
So what? What I'm saying is that at the end of the day, they just don't matter. They are preaching to a very tiny choir in the grand scheme of things. Who cares if they put up editorials of dread, people want to see this movie, lots of them, and they're already voting with their wallets.

Got em! Imax Sydney on the 26th. All the good seats filled up pretty quickly but I got some decent ones. Sadly not open night but I'm looking to go another earlier day with other people.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely. Launch has been very rough actually.

Damnit WB! I can't purchase tickets because they haven't officially confirmed the runtime, so my theater didn't put it up yet. Said it could take like a week.

Penguin

Does this comparison really mean anything if we don't know the number of tickets sold though?

The comparison means absolutely nothing

Like you said, don't know how many tickets sold. We don't know what movies those tickets were sold against. We don't know if all started at the same time (they didn't believe Star Wars was evening so a big chunk of that was folks sleeping), etc etc

Anyhow... more stuff

This is right on 34th streeet and 7th. Where I catch my train home
Ccaft3eW0AAeVXQ.jpg

And in the train station
CcaftEhW8AAC6n0.jpg

Ahasverus

What do these numbers represent? 100% would mean all tickets taken? We also have no idea how many screens this is playing on do we?
It would mean all tickets sold online for that day are for Bvs. It's not a hard metric, but a metric nonetheless. It would be very dissaponting if it were at 10% or something like that, so far it's doing sell above average, already surpassing Ultron.

ryan299

It would mean all tickets sold online for that day are for Bvs. It's not a hard metric, but a metric nonetheless. It would be very dissaponting if it were at 10% or something like that, so far it's doing sell above average, already surpassing Ultron.

That's what I assume, but I'm not sure if it's just tickets bought on that site or a reflection of everywhere.

guek

Banned
It's just an indicator of interest. Not really meant as a direct comparison.

Yeah, clearly there's interest, but like you said, you can't really compare the number directly to other movies. Seeing as how there isn't much new stuff worth watching between now and BvS, I wouldn't be surprised if the number climbed to 50-60%.

IconGrist

Yeah, clearly there's interest, but like you said, you can't really compare the number directly to other movies. Seeing as how there isn't much new stuff worth watching between now and BvS, I wouldn't be surprised if the number climbed to 50-60%.

Yea BvS is basically uncontested until Civil War hits. As long as it's decent it will have a good run.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Should have moved it up a week, 17/18 would be even better, mostly because we would have to wait less.

Senoculum

Should have moved it up a week, 17/18 would be even better, mostly because we would have to wait less.

The long weekend was part of the plan from the start. Extra showings in the morning is gonna inflate the BO opening numbers for sure. And considering they only confirmed China's release date a few days ago, I imagine they wrangled some arms for a long time to set it up.

I think their window was a wise move!

Boke1879

The long weekend was part of the plan from the start. Extra showings in the morning is gonna inflate the BO opening numbers for sure. And considering they only confirmed China's release date a few days ago, I imagine they wrangled some arms for a long time to set it up.

I think their window was a wise move!

People get that Friday off right because of Easter? Yea the Thursday showing should benefit from that as well.

Boke1879

A lot will, it's Good Friday. It's a good weekend for the film. There's a lot of Thursday night screenings around me.

Yea mine has two 3d showings and 4 regular ones on Thursday. and Friday clearly has tons of showings. Yea it's a good weekend for them.

IconGrist

I think Jungle Book will review well but it's probably not going to do amazing at the B.O.

But what the hell do we know? The only movie we correctly guessed was Gods of Egypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom