• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I heard somebody jokingly say Michael Keaton cast as Gordon would win Affleck's Batman an Oscar. Don't know about that, but I'm all for Michael Keaton as James Gordon.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
This is right on 34th streeet and 7th. Where I catch my train home
Ccaft3eW0AAeVXQ.jpg

Almost
i-am-legend-batman-superman.jpg

Today I heard somebody jokingly say Michael Keaton cast as Gordon would win Affleck's Batman an Oscar. Don't know about that, but I'm all for Michael Keaton as James Gordon.

that would be very nice stunt casting.

you've all seen the GOAT gordon in gary oldman though. i always thought the heat comparisons to tdk were beyond laughable. but if there's one thing that fits it (aside from some of the city shots) it's gary oldman's no-nonsense professional performance as lieutenant gordon. he wouldn't feel out of place in a mann film.

that would be very nice stunt casting.

you've all seen the GOAT gordon in gary oldman though. i always thought the heat comparisons to tdk were beyond laughable. but if there's one thing that fits it (aside from some of the city shots) it's gary oldman's no-nonsense professional performance as lieutenant gordon. he wouldn't feel out of place in a mann film.

It's funny, Oldman in Begins is darn goofy. Gordon is borderline comic relief character. Guy took it to another level in The Dark Knight. Opposite tip, Bale's best work of the trilogy is in Begins.

bale was fine in the whole trilogy but yeah he got the most to work with in begins so he stood out more.

gordon was definitely a bit cheesier in begins, you're right about the improvement. he became my favorite character in the trilogy after tdk (aside from the joker and alfred). man the cast nolan assembled was nuts.

Jungle Books is my fave animated disney movie, but this live-action adaptation has bomb written all over it.

Does it really though? Cinderella did alright as far as Disney live action adaptions go.

Edit: Oh and of course Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent.

ryan299

Websites are now writing articles based on the % of tickets sold and are calculating opening weekend sales lol.

Also on pericope Mayimbe said he heard BvS is better than The Dark Knight. Take it with a grain of salt obviously.

Boke1879

Websites are now writing articles based on the % of tickets sold and are calculating opening weekend sales lol.

Also on pericope Mayimbe said he heard BvS is better than The Dark Knight. Take it with a grain of salt obviously.

After today you're going to get tons of estimates etc all throughout the week.

strafer

That is some big words.

a916

I treat stuff like that the same way I treat the "this movie will be worse than Batman Forever" ... that's the highest water mark for a comic book movie and I can confidently say it won't reach it, but I hope it aims for that spot.

Got to see it of course, but I'm pretty sure it'll land in between the worst and the best lol, bold statement I know haha.

Boke1879

I treat stuff like that the same way I treat the "this movie will be worse than Batman Forever" ... that's the highest water mark for a comic book movie and I can confidently say it won't reach it, but I hope it aims for that spot.

Got to see it of course, but I'm pretty sure it'll land in between the worst and the best lol, bold statement I know haha.

Yea I can't take statements like that seriously at all. TDK was amazing. But me I'm easy to please. I highly doubt I'll come out of this movie upset.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Not putting much stock in all these people hearing it is a good film but I am giving it some weight. Seems most rumors of its quality are positive. After that clip last night I'm inclined to believe it. I was sucked in immediately and wanted to keep watching.

How does that work? What are they coming up with?

EDIT: WB's putting all the TV spots up online.

IconGrist

I liked TDK but I don't agree with this idea it's the best movie the comic book genre has ever offered. It wasn't even the best Nolan movie.

Ahasverus

I doubt any comic book movie will come close to TDK for quite some time.

They go for... something different.
Exactly.

The R Cut could maaaaaaaaybe get to Rises level, if the script is solid enough, but The Dark Knight is untouchable due to its mature themes and tragic undertones.
Begins is a better Batman movie anyways

Finally got my tickets. The workers at the theater looked at me like I was from a different planet when I asked, not their fault though, they work the food stands cause no one was at the front counter.

ryan299

http://heroichollywood.com/batman-v-superman-ticket-sales-are-trending-exceptionally-well/

So, let’s take that into perspective, Avengers: Age of Ultron in a 24 hour time frame accounted for 21% of ticket sales, Jurassic World had a colossal 50% in 24 hours, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens accounted an astounding 75% in a 24 hour time frame. If we do the math Avengers: Age of Ultron opened to $191,271,109, Jurassic World stomped on the box office with $208,806,270 and Star Wars: The Force Awakens sent them all packing with $247,966,675. So, if that trend were to continue with 39% Batman v Superman could score an opening weekend anywhere from $191,271,109 to $208,806,270.

It's pretty much made up math ha

BadAss2961

I doubt any comic book movie will come close to TDK for quite some time.

They go for... something different.
TDK was really that good. Plus the Heath Ledger tragedy followed by his performance put it as out of reach as it gets.

BvS is very capable of being a better comic book movie, but to have that same kind of impact outside of fan cred will be difficult.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I love TDK as much as y'all but I definitely think it can be topped. Maybe BvS isn't the one to do it but I think the Affleck solo Batman has a shot.

I liked TDK but I don't agree with this idea it's the best movie the comic book genre has ever offered. It wasn't even the best Nolan movie.

It isn't. Spiderman 2 is. And there is no chance in hell that this movie is as good as either I think. I find it highly unlikely. Batman solo maybe. But I don't really see it in this one at least. Especially with this much baggage attached to it and also coming off of the remnants of a David goyer script

I just hope it's good tho. Some parts look fantastic and others not so much

BadAss2961

It isn't. Spiderman 2 is. And there is no chance in hell that this movie is as good as either I think. I find it highly unlikely. Batman solo maybe. But I don't really see it in this one at least. Especially with this much baggage attached to it and also coming off of the remnants of a David goyer script

Doesn't look like there's much Goyer left in this. They haven't mentioned him in the longest.

The idea seems to be mostly Snyder's, and Terrio's made the script his own according to everyone who talks about the film. "Chris Terrio wrote an amazing script." I've heard that many times over the past several months from those involved.

Dead

well not really...yet

I mean, Goyer was invloved in all 3 Nolan movies. And TDK/TDKR have enough dumbass shit that even though he doesn't have script credit, you can still tell he was involved. This movie being better isn't out of the realm of possibility honestly, unless you worship Nolan's movies

I'm rarely jealous but damn, this is the exception. I live near an imax now but when they had their event it was like a 2 hour drive for just a regular imax.

I'd join the pre-order ticket club but all they have is 3d shows and it's pissing me off. I don't care for 3d and it sometimes ruins the action scenes for me.

Also Fabok is great but I think I'd give a slight edge to Reis and I like Manapul for lighter hearted character.

Evo X

Still haven't gotten my free fan screening ticket. I'm scared they couldn't read my shitty handwriting when I wrote my email on the back of the card they gave us. :(

Did everyone else gets theirs already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom