• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Thanks for the info. It would be great if Court of Owls was used as inspiration. Batman is one of the comics that I stuck with from the new 52 and one of the few that I read regularly.

Thanks for the info. It would be great if Court of Owls was used as inspiration. Batman is one of the comics that I stuck with from the new 52 and one of the few that I read regularly.

Yeah, the Court of Owls is a great place to start for a seasoned Batman that's operated for some time. Especially if you don't want to go into well known villains right off the bat.

3N16MA

Banned
Suicide Squad production will start in a couple of months. I will put up a thread over in OT when the times comes unless you guys want to keep the news here.

Penguin

Suicide Squad production will start in a couple of months. I will put up a thread over in OT when the times comes unless you guys want to keep the news here.

Hell, if Marvel gets a new production thread every few month, so should we :p

Please no!

I really dislike those production threads.

I get WHY people wanna do em, but look the Suicide Squad casting thread has become an unofficial place to talk about any of the news.

And assume anything major would be dumped in here or a new thread if major.

Please no!

I get WHY people wanna do em, but look the Suicide Squad casting thread has become an unofficial place to talk about any of the news.

Fair enough. We could even have a mod do a title change if we felt so strongly.

3N16MA

Banned
Please no!

No problem, just wanted to run it by those who post here frequently.

I do think the Wonder Woman and Justice League films will get productions threads simply because they're huge properties and someone who doesn't visit this thread will post it.

Maddocks

Think OT should get a production thread. Because there are going to be fans who don't know it's being made or fans who don't know we have a community thread. So it's great to get new fans and old to come together and can point them this direction for future news.

3N16MA

Banned
Think OT should get a production thread. Because there are going to be fans who don't know it's being made or fans who don't know we have a community thread. So it's great to get new fans and old to come together and can point them this direction for future news.

As suggested by GringoSuave89, the casting thread could get renamed as a production thread. I think it is inevitable that DCU films will get production threads since they see the norm with MCU films. Someone will post one who does not visit this thread.

Good thing to do would be to put a link to this thread right at the beginning of any new DCU thread over in OT. Drive more people here.

Penguin

As suggested by GringoSuave89, the casting thread could get renamed as a production thread. I think it is inevitable that DCU films will get production threads since they see the norm with MCU films. Someone will post one who does not visit this thread.

Good thing to do would be to put a link to this thread right at the beginning of any new DCU thread over in OT. Drive more people here.

If it happens organically.

I mean this thread will always be for the more die-hard fans of these films who wanna follow em for months and years.

Penguin

So this thread doesn't get left out of the fun

First look at Aquaman

4cN8H6K.jpg

I would love for Ryan Reynolds to get a second chance though.

But he's busy with Deadpool.

Meh. That would mean there would be some implied connection to the movie, and DC wants to remove themselves from that film as much as they can.

If most of the cast is shooting for the older look, might as well cave and get Nathan Fillion.

True, but not too much. GL is far from a physical role. Plus, I can see a bit of Kingdom Come Alan Scott influence to make it work. He wasn't too muscular in that series either.

I'm thinking more about the visual of the costume. He doesn't have to be ripped or anything, but the last time I watched Castle he'd put on a really noticeable amount of weight. Plus, he's apparently pretty comfortable where he is.

I'm thinking more about the visual of the costume. He doesn't have to be ripped or anything, but the last time I watched Castle he'd put on a really noticeable amount of weight. Plus, he's apparently pretty comfortable where he is.

Fair enough. It's been a while since I've seen a recent picture of him.

Loving the fan made colored in version.

I'm honestly not surprised how cool this looks, when it comes to visuals I have the utmost faith in Snyder. I'm hoping the next reveal is Cyborg... would love to see Flash but I out of respect to Grant Gustin, I'm willing to wait.

Slayven

Anyone else weirded out by all the Marvel production threads? I don't recall a single production thread recently for any other movie or tv show outside of Marvel. Not just comic related. Usually the announcement thread just becomes the home of discussion moving forward up until an OT is made.

Nope because 8/10 of them are from the same dude. Now if it was random dudes, yeah

Odoul

So Aquaman looks pretty decisively NON bitchmade.

His enemies need to be pretty imposing either in stature or personality.

Karl Urban is rumored to play his brother. I generally like him, but isn't he kind of short?

For Black Manta I really can only think of a few.

Denzel wouldn't do it.

Terry Crews is a clown.

Snipes might be too old/washed up.

Michael Jai White?

The guy that might actually be perfect for it is supposedly snagged by Marvel.

latest

Karl Urban is rumored to play his brother. I generally like him, but isn't he kind of short?

Denzel wouldn't do it.

Terry Crews is a clown.

Michael Jai White?

latest

Terry Crews clowns around, but I could see him doing one serious role.

Also, what about Vice President Keith David? He's old, but I could see him pulling it off.

Terry Crews clowns around, but I could see him doing one serious role.

Also, what about Vice President Keith David? He's old, but I could see him pulling it off.

Crews wouldn't be bad, but he seems to REALLY want a Marvel role. Michael Jai White would be... oh man, it would be glorious. Love that guy.

Pachimari

I have always been a fan of Marvel and still prefer their movies to most other superhero movies. I like their bright colors as well.

But I have to say I really dig the look of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman and hope all of their movies will be successes.

I'm extremely excited about Suicide Squad and especially The Flash. The Flash were always my favorite DC hero.

PS: Have they recasted Rick Flagg?

a916

Denzel wouldn't do it.

Terry Crews is a clown.

Michael Jai White?

latest

I'm new to the Aquaman world and Black Manta has to be the one they go to for his first villian, unless it's his brother... but does Black Manta ever remove the mask?

Effect

I'm new to the Aquaman world and Black Manta has to be the one they go to for his first villian, unless it's his brother... but does Black Manta ever remove the mask?

Did all the time in the Young Justice cartoon. Assume he does so at times in the comics too. Those really are the best choices for the first villain he faces off against. If they do Black Manta I would like for them to model him off the Young Justice version instead of the New 52 version who I've heard isn't anywhere close to being as complex and well developed.

Did all the time in the Young Justice cartoon. Assume he does so at times in the comics too. Those really are the best choices for the first villain he faces off against. If they do Black Manta I would like for them to model him off the Young Justice version instead of the New 52 version who I've heard isn't anywhere close to being as complex and well developed.

He was... alright in Forever Evil. Not like he had a lot of moments, but he was character appropriate.

Evo X

Anyone know the story, context, video for this... seems like it would be amusing.

I can't find a link to the video, but at last years comic con, interviewers were asking everyone who their favorite superhero was.

Elizabeth Olsen answered Wonder Woman even though she's playing Scarlet Witch in Age of Ultron.

DaveH

Reflecting on the Aquaman reveal... is this the furthest out we've seen a character with an announced solo film from that film?

Granted, I know this is a new world with shared universes, etc., meaning we're seeing him in at least two films before his own... but even under that rubric, is there any other character we've seen further out from their own announced solo movie?

I guess Black Panther is in the running except it's more concept art than the actor in a costume.

What's interesting about that, besides being insanely far out (currently slated for Summer 2018 if nothing moves, over FIVE YEARS out) is that you can bet there will be tweaks and iterations on the costume each appearance (if only to fully monetize merchandising) which can react to public reception. If people love it, they can embrace it... if they're not fans, they can slowly move away... five years is a lot of time to get him just right for his solo film.

It's a luxury that all the Justice League members but Wonder Woman (where shooting begins this Fall... remember, Suicide Squad shoots his April, so to keep their timetable WW has to start around then) will have, allowing adjustments and tweaks from BvS, to Justice League, to their solo films.

Odoul

Keith David should be Manta's dad that Arthur kills for revenge
I just looked up/Wiki'd this...

Damn if they pull that relationship off right it's gonna be intense/personal!
Crews wouldn't be bad, but he seems to REALLY want a Marvel role. Michael Jai White would be... oh man, it would be glorious. Love that guy.
Even when it's a terrible project I usualy like Michael Jai White.

I also just looked it up.

I was wrong. I can see Urban stacking up.

They even sort of look like they could be related.

Pachimari

What is the status of all these DC TV shows?

Arrow
Getting a 4th season.

The Flash
Getting a 2nd season.

Gotham
Getting a 2nd season.

Constantine
Will highly likely be cancelled.

iZombie
Premiering later this Spring.

Supergirl
Moving forward with casting calls.

Lucifer
Moving forward.

Teen Titans
Moving forward.

Krypton
Moving forward.

Preacher / Static Shock / DMZ / Scalped
?

Any else coming?

Maddocks

I think, going from memory.

Gotham is getting a season 2, Teen Titans is moving forward, Lucifer is moving forward along with Krypton.

Penguin

What is the status of all these DC TV shows?

Arrow
Getting a 4th season.

The Flash
Getting a 2nd season.

Gotham
Getting a 2nd season.

Constantine
Will highly likely be cancelled.

iZombie
Premiering later this Spring.

Supergirl
Moving forward with casting calls.

Lucifer
Moving forward.

Teen Titans
Moving forward.

Krypton
Moving forward.

Preacher / Static Shock / DMZ / Scalped
?

Any else coming?
Vixen is getting an animated series
Believe Teen Titans Go is renewed for a new season.
Static Shock is weird since an online only/first series.
Preacher is picked up for pilot based on reactions to the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom