• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the free screening tickets from the IMAX event last April required that I remain on WB's email list?

Because I foolishly unsubscribed just a week ago and still haven't got my tickets for this thing.

edit: I got it at around 3:30p! phew.

Bleepey

Also is it me or is Affleck toning down his Boston accent for BVS? I wasn't sure what accent he was going for. Not saying it was anyway bad just not sure what region he was channeling.

Penguin

Does anyone know if the free screening tickets from the IMAX event last April required that I remain on WB's email list?

Because I foolishly unsubscribed just a week ago and still haven't got my tickets for this thing.

I don't think I'm on their mailing list, but it still came to me

strafer

Also is it me or is Affleck toning down his Boston accent for BVS? I wasn't sure what accent he was going for. Not saying it was anyway bad just not sure what region he was channeling.

Hardly noticing it in his movies anymore.

The Town and Good Will Hunting are the two movies I've heard him use the boston accent.

I think he can turn it off and on at will. I know Matt Damon does that.

Ahasverus

From three years to three weeks...
I don't know if i should feel good or bad that I'm in the exact same period of my life of when it was announced. Unemployed single in college. Anyways, it's been years, really, it's been a ridiculously long time. I'm just glad it's almost here regardless of quality. I bet it'll be great though.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
CcaJrVMUcAAWtXy.jpg

Jason Fabok is the best artist DC has right now. Capullo second.
Agreed.

Looks like Batman hiding at a crime scene.

This Batman works with the police currently right? Given the Bat signal and all. I only read the Dr. Pepper comics. Need to read the general mills one stills.

Thats Batman in the background right? I imagine its a nightguard at the
KGBeast scene
. Leading to this

iLIRom6.jpg

If thats Bruce, then no idea.

a916

Justin Kroll from Variety, he was on Meet the Movie Press on Friday, "... I've heard it's great, I really have.... I haven't heard trouble" 34:50 into this video

Faraci has joined the bandwagon and is saying he's heard Gal Gadot steals the movie

Hell has officially frozen over, he's positive about it. All this talk, no one is praising Supes :(

Boke1879

Justin Kroll from Variety, he was on Meet the Movie Press on Friday, "... I've heard it's great, I really have.... I haven't heard trouble" 34:50 into this video

Hell has officially frozen over, he's positive about it. All this talk, no one is praising Supes :(

I just feel we know Superman at this point. He'll have his moments in the film I'm sure. Batman is Batman. Everyone is always excited to see him on the screen now. WW is the biggest unknown and someone I feel a lot of people are interested in seeing. Glad they aren't shy about marketing her with the other two.

I think I'm interested in seeing how her and Lex play out in this movie.

Yeah I'm a little jealous of WW and not Superman stealing the show. But maybe it's because there was such low expectations of her from so many critics, and it surprised them and became a take away.

She also needs that hype, given her film next year. I think it was smart for WB to put her in this film, it's something new and it fits the current social climate of diversity in leading roles.

ryan299

I believe Kroll. He's a good reporter. I don't think that Cavill is bad, it's just that Affleck, Eisenberg, and Gadot are that good it seems.

The CGI in that clip (of the smoke and Superman going through it) was awful. I don't know what it is - maybe i was burnt by Man of Steel's second half, but I am yet to get hyped for this film and everything I see disappoints me.

But I want to like it.

I swear to God if Cavill's Clark is just Superman with glasses on, I will....I'll do something. Something really angry.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
The CGI in that clip (of the smoke and Superman going through it) was awful. I don't know what it is - maybe i was burnt by Man of Steel's second half, but I am yet to get hyped for this film and everything I see disappoints me.

But I want to like it.

Awful? Wtf, how is that awful? Are we even watching the same clip? I really don't understand.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Question for those who were around for the lead up to MoS. Were there all these whispers of it being good like we're getting for BvS?

Loxley

Question for those who were around for the lead up to MoS. Were there all these whispers of it being good like we're getting for BvS?

I honestly can't remember the last time the pre-release "whispers" for any comic book movie were terrible. They're almost always positive to some degree.

a916

I honestly can't remember the last time the pre-release "whispers" for any comic book movie were terrible. They're almost always positive to some degree.

Yeah, even for F4, other than fans going LOL it's going to be bad... you didn't hear any bad stuff until a few weeks out when people started finding out the embargo and the screenings were so close to release that they were hiding something.

So it's really hard to figure out what any of this means.

I think there was miles teller who said f4 was "good for a comic book movie" or something along those lines in an interview. I know they said they hadn't seen the movie like 5 days before it came out.

BadAss2961

Well it's not often a superhero's performance is praised beyond their first movie. We already know more or less what Cavill is like as Superman while Batman, Lex, and Wonder Woman are all fresh new takes.
Skimmed the profile and two things caught my eye. The Aston Martin Bruce drives in the movie is actually Zack's car and, as dumb as it sounds on paper, I'm actually interested in Zack's George Washington movie he wants to make.
Would be fun to watch, but obviously not for critics. lol

What also caught my attention about Zack is how being in shape is part of his style of directing. Working out with his actors and personally demonstrating fight choreography himself.

WB has pretty much loved him ever since 300. Wooing him into their camp, wanting him to be around for a long time making movies for them. Now he has his own fortress of solitude workspace at the Warner lot that they've turned over to him.

He's actually dyslexic, which might explain his speech at times. Struggled in school, excelled at sports. Was noticed as a creative whiz early on where he, Michael Bay, and Larry Fong were all classmates.

a916

For a guy we haven't seen at all, Aquaman is getting a pretty huge push on the toys side.

I wonder if that's the reasoning behind showing a picture of them... because they didn't want to show him off in the trailers but they did need him to be shown off before the toys.

Penguin

ryan299

if you have a Amazon Echo, you can solve the murder of the Waynes. Variety

Alexa, let’s solve a double homicide: Amazon has partnered with Warner Bros. and DC Comics on an unusual promotion for “Batman vs. Superman” that lets anyone who owns an Amazon Echo smart loudspeaker or an Amazon Fire TV with Alexa integration play a chose-your-own-adventure game.

The game, called “The Wayne Investigation,” lets users immerse themselves in the world of Gotham, just days after Bruce Wayne’s parents were killed. Amazon’s personal assistant Alexa doubles as a user’s ears and eyes during this investigation, guiding them through multiple rooms, giving them choices and helping them to find valuable clues.

Pretty cool. More at the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom