• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
DHocMLHl.jpg

WW's an immortal warrior and her alias is an antiquities dealer? She's the highlander!

Makes sense things only go up in value as they age.

Where did that come from?

It's from the box for this Wonder Woman multicharger bust: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpGWHvhqaKs

I saw the profile the other day, but I forgot to mention it here. Though, I looked it up on my phone right after, and saw that the profile there was released a while back.

Here's the text:
Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. The world’s first and foremost female Super Hero, Wonder Woman at once embodies the unrivaled force and supreme grace of a born warrior, and the genuine compassion and understanding of a true humanitarian. As a symbol of equality, power and truth, her natural confidence and unmistakable intelligence make her an unequalled, if unexpected, ally.

The immortal Amazonian Princess Diana keeps her eyes and ears open for intrigue as the beautiful and mysterious antiquities dealer, Diana Prince.

And here's everyone else's:
Superman/ Clark Kent. An orphan from the planet Krypton, forever an alien on his adopted home, Earth, Superman has become the world’s most powerful and iconic Super Hero. Despite unwavering morals and a deep respect for mankind, or his higher calling to truth and justice, it’s his superhuman abilities—flight, strength, speed, X-ray and heat vision—which nevertheless guarantee that, while he may endeavor to save us, he will never truly be one of us.

As Metropolis reporter Clark Kent, Superman tracks the world’s crises from the perfect vantage point: at the center of the global news organization The Daily Planet.

Batman/ Bruce Wayne. Driven by the haunting vision of his parents’ brutal slaying, the orphaned young billionaire Bruce Wayne devoted his life to becoming the world’s greatest weapon against crime: Batman. The ultimate vigilante, this Dark Knight’s mastery of physical strength and intellectual superiority fuel his relentless pursuit of justice against the greatest evils in Gotham City, and beyond.

To throw his enemies off the scent of his secret identity as Batman, Bruce Wayne plays the public part of a billionaire playboy that oversees Wayne Industries while indulging in the finer things in life.

Alfred. Before he was the man behind the Batman, the imperturbable Wayne family butler Alfred Pennyworth raised the orphaned Bruce Wayne following the murder of his parents. Now he performs the dual role of minding what’s left of the Wayne estate while aiding Bruce in his vigilante work as Batman where he puts his Special Forces background to use. But it’s Alfred’s dry sarcasm and biting insight that ground both the man and the Batman, and his many skills—ranging from cutting-edge technologies to combat medicine—that make him the Dark Knight’s staunchest ally.

Lois Lane. A fearless and forthright Pulitzer Prizing-winning journalist reporting for Metropolis’s Daily Planet, Lois Lane repeatedly risks life and limb to get her story—all while keeping the story of a lifetime to herself: the identity of Superman. Just as he strives to protect life and liberty for mankind, Lois vows to expose the world’s truths through her words, making it a safer place through knowledge and understanding. And it’s Lois’s love for Superman, and his for her, that provide him his greatest connection to humanity.

Lex Luthor. Bearing the deadly combination of a brilliant mind and an unharnessed ego, Lex Luthor has set his sights on the one he views as the only real threat to his own power: Superman. While not a physical match for the Man of Steel, Luthor is his intellectual superior, and perceives the alien being as the greatest risk to—rather than a purported savior of—mankind. With the full force of his multinational company LexCorp’s resources behind him, he will stop at nothing to prevent Superman’s interference in his plans, or to eradicate the icon’s standing among mankind in the process.

I'm curious how many other factors go into this. Assuming it's opening as wide as the other two films are (probably not as wide as star wars though) that's impressive. Now time to see how the non hardcore audience responds, though I think this is a really good sign. Now the movie just has to not shit the bed. So far all the feedback seems positive except what Faraci tweeted 3 weeks ago alongside McWeeny.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Good god, every single pic of Gadot in the WW suit looks amazing. What a pretty pretty human being she is. I mean damnnnn.

I mean, Goyer was invloved in all 3 Nolan movies. And TDK/TDKR have enough dumbass shit that even though he doesn't have script credit, you can still tell he was involved. This movie being better isn't out of the realm of possibility honestly, unless you worship Nolan's movies

As someone who really hated that boat scene in TDK I still think the movie itself was pretty damn cool. Also lex and especially doomsday can't compete with that joker and two face imo, for all its problems the things TDK did really right was it's supporting cast and it's villains.

This will have better action, that's already a guarantee. And it might even look as good. Pfister has done great work with Nolan but so has fong/snyder. But that's probably where I'd end the comparison

Also it helps the Nolan trilogy that it doesn't have the burden of a universe on its back. This is definitely me being jaded at marvel but until this proves me wrong I'm pretty iffy on the connected universe thing. The best comic book movies have all been self contained.

That's definitely an unfair knock against this movie because maybe they won't go the marvel route at all but it will be in the back of my mind until I finally see it in theaters

LOL I know where you stand on Nolan movies tho breh. How did you like interstellar btw? The most Nolany of Nolan scripts down to every character blabbering the plot at you all the time but also the best lead he ever worked with and a legit classic Zimmer ost

Dead

well not really...yet
As someone who really hated that boat scene in TDK I still think the movie itself was pretty damn cool. Also lex and especially doomsday can't compete with that joker and two face imo, for all its problems the things TDK did really right was it's supporting cast and it's villains.

This will have better action, that's already a guarantee. And it might even look as good. Pfister has done great work with Nolan but so has fong/snyder. But that's probably where I'd end the comparison

Also it helps the Nolan trilogy that it doesn't have the burden of a universe on its back. This is definitely me being jaded at marvel but until this proves me wrong I'm pretty iffy on the connected universe thing. The best comic book movies have all been self contained.

That's definitely an unfair knock against this movie because maybe they won't go the marvel route at all but it will be in the back of my mind until I finally see it in theaters

LOL I know where you stand on Nolan movies tho breh. How did you like interstellar btw? The most Nolany of Nolan scripts down to every character blabbering the plot at you all the time but also the best lead he ever worked with and a legit classic Zimmer ost
I actually watched it in full for the first time a few months back.

The first two thirds are fantastic, and it's probably the most human and genuinely emotional film he's made, and was legitimately gripping. The last third works on the grounds that the films emotion has actually been earned, while at the same time being disappointing because well, its just kind of a rubbish plot element, though it sort of doesn't matter really, I dunno how to explain it. I would rank above it above Inception and all his Batman flicks, but under Memento, The Prestige

Spielberg would have made a better movie out of it though for sure.

I actually watched it in full for the first time a few months back.

The first two thirds are fantastic, and it's probably the most human and genuinely emotional film he's made, and was legitimately gripping. The last third works on the grounds that the films emotion has actually been earned, while at the same time being disappointing because well, its just kind of a rubbish plot element, though it sort of doesn't matter really, I dunno how to explain it. I would rank above it above Inception and all his Batman flicks, but under Memento, The Prestige

Spielberg would have made a better movie out of it though for sure.

Yeah I was pretty surprised by the video messages scene. Nothing he did before showed that he was capable of an emotional moment like that.

I agree with that ranking too. It's a really ambitious sci fi movie.

dude's jacked for sure. that story of him and ben having push-up contests over disagreements sounds absurd lol. surely even he would lose to this beast:
YXuS4fo.jpg

For anyone who might be interested, there's just under 24 hours left to get the Funko Batman v Superman box with the exclusive Armored Batman Pop! figure, exclusive t-shirt, and other mysterious exclusive stuff.

dude's jacked for sure. that story of him and ben having push-up contests over disagreements sounds absurd lol.

It was Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill: http://batman-news.com/2016/01/30/batman-v-superman-empire-march-2016/
When Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill disagreed about Superman’s psychology, they would both do push-ups until someone gave in.

Though it's possible that Ben Affleck might have been involved in disagreement push-ups, too.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Batfleck probably just showed him his Oscars: ''Look at these, you got one? No? Well then, stfu. Bruce and Lois need this sex scene, trust me''.

oh damn. i stand corrected, even then i think cavill has a good shot at beating snyder. hopefully he did. i feel like he probably has a far better handle on the psychology of superman (that i would like) over snyder.

i want my peter parker/donner-verse superman back :(

Wait, what is this? Like Lootcrate but for DC Comics?

Yeah, basically. There's also Marvel and Star Wars boxes. Each box comes with exclusive items.

Batman v Superman is their first DC box. There's going to be a new themed box every other month. They're $25 (+$6.95 shipping) each. Each box includes at least one exclusive Pop! figure and a t-shirt. The Marvel ones come with variant cover comics, and I imagine that the DC boxes will, too. Then there's other miscellaneous mystery items tossed in, all based on the theme of the box.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
This sucks!

Tickets in Sweden aren't available until march 9 :(

Hmm, so it's probably the same here. Sucks, ohh well. Hope I can get some decent seats, and hopefully (I doubt it tho) there are IMAX 2D screenings.

Penguin

Just noticed the time for my early screening - 10pm. Wonder why it's so late.

I guess wanna make sure everyone can make it, but doesn't make sense since everyone who got a ticket made it last time at like 7 and were perfectly fine!

As an aside, I see no one here doing it, but see a lot of folks on SHH! and reddit, don't worry about the "First Come, First Serve" stuff, I believe it's just baked into the passes. It's the same exact thing on all screening passes, and so far this seems like a fan only event.

So don't be one of those people planning to line up at like noon that day... that's insane!

And here's Ben's omaze video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLmSUSqjC-k

tim1138

I guess wanna make sure everyone can make it, but doesn't make sense since everyone who got a ticket made it last time at like 7 and were perfectly fine!

As an aside, I see no one here doing it, but see a lot of folks on SHH! and reddit, don't worry about the "First Come, First Serve" stuff, I believe it's just baked into the passes. It's the same exact thing on all screening passes, and so far this seems like a fan only event.

So don't be one of those people planning to line up at like noon that day... that's insane!

And here's Ben's omaze video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLmSUSqjC-k

There were like 25 people max at our IMAX thing last year, they'd have to round up a LOT of press to overbook the theater.

witness

For anyone who might be interested, there's just under 24 hours left to get the Funko Batman v Superman box with the exclusive Armored Batman Pop! figure, exclusive t-shirt, and other mysterious exclusive stuff.

Well shit, ordered! I'm getting the regular Batman and Superman funko pops today, and I wondered why there wasn't armored Batman. So thank you for posting this, wonder what all is being included.....do we know when these are shipping?

Penguin

There were like 25 people max at our IMAX thing last year, they'd have to round up a LOT of press to overbook the theater.
And yet.... we got people chicken littling it

i'm sure they're going to fill that thing the hell up with local contests, and screening passes.

Possible. But I still think, in my experience, there will be an express line for people with these particular tickets.

Like these are very specialized codes for single use. Most screening passes are usually like admit 2 passes.

And not this late in the day.

Yager

Banned
Snyder is 50? Dude looks miles better than me, and I'm half his age.

Here in Spain I've seen some theaters are already starting to sell tickets, but the one I plan to go to (one of the few with the subtitled version) hasn't yet. Hnnnngggg.

tim1138

i'm sure they're going to fill that thing the hell up with local contests, and screening passes.

Possible. But I still think, in my experience, there will be an express line for people with these particular tickets.

Like these are very specialized codes for single use. Most screening passes are usually like admit 2 passes.

The tickets even say at the bottom they are for front of the line access, so if they do have other giveaways to fill the theater, we'll get priority for getting in and getting seats.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So, I just realized: it's March. BvS is coming out this month. What a weird feeling. We are just a few weeks away, after all those years....

So, I just realized: it's March. BvS is coming out this month. What a weird feeling. We are just a few weeks away, after all those years....

Eh, not so much for me. I jumped on just like last year I think. There really wasn't much to go on until late 2014 anyways

My most anticipated solo film is still 3 years away though, I remember when Shazam was rumored for 2016. That was a punch in the gut when the slate moved it back 3 years. I hope we get some more news on it this year and a new release date in 2018.

After that I think I'm most excited for Aquaman, strangely enough. I think James Wan can make it work. Wonder Woman is contingent on how Gal does in BvS, I was also hoping for more mythological stuff and not so much grounded, but we've seen next to nothing so far.

Flash is the one I'm most worried about. A debut director and I still don't see Ezra Miller as a super hero, least of all Barry Allen.

Magwik

Banned

Yeah I've absolutely never seen passes limited to one person as well as so late in the day. They're going to keep this as tight as possible.

Boke1879

Eh, not so much for me. I jumped on just like last year I think. There really wasn't much to go on until late 2014 anyways

My most anticipated solo film is still 3 years away though, I remember when Shazam was rumored for 2016. That was a punch in the gut when the slate moved it back 3 years. I hope we get some more news on it this year and a new release date in 2018.

After that I think I'm most excited for Aquaman, strangely enough. I think James Wan can make it work. Wonder Woman is contingent on how Gal does in BvS, I was also hoping for more mythological stuff and not so much grounded, but we've seen next to nothing so far.

Flash is the one I'm most worried about. A debut director and I still don't see Ezra Miller as a super hero, least of all Barry Allen.

I think Flash and Cyborg are my unknowns. We're so used to the CW Flash who does a great job. I just don't know if those movies will do the job as a solo film.

I think Flash and Cyborg are my unknowns. We're so used to the CW Flash who does a great job. I just don't know if those movies will do the job as a solo film.

The only bad thing about CW Flash is that he looks like garbage. Seriously, fix the suit and gain some muscles dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom