• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

First choice for BvS is 23%, MoS was 11%, Jurassic World was 16% Mayimbe says.

31% Males under 25. 28% males over 25. 16% for females over 25.

88% total awareness.

With the amount of money they're spending on advertisement I'm not surprised.

Simo

Is there a full write-up of all of the new EW information?

I don't think its out yet. Info so far is from their article about the cover and photo captions I believe but the digital issue goes live tonight so I can summarize anything then if it hasn't been covered already.

a916

From 3 years to 3 weeks... now might be a good time to step away from this thread and come back once I watch the movie. It's been such a great up and down ride, I can't wait to watch this movie, then re-watch and dissect it all.

Penguin

Another piece from EW, interview on how this shebang came to be

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/03/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-green-lantern-dc-movie-universe

Another trick of assembling these films is to make sure casual moviegoers are kept oriented about the timeline. So on that secret board in Snyder’s office, it’s clear: Suicide Squad takes place after the events in BvS. And the Wonder Woman movie, while largely set in 1918 during World War I, will be framed by “present day” bookends that also take place after BvS. Meanwhile, BvS includes teases about what that upcoming movie will reveal about Wonder Woman’s past.

If BvS sounds crowded, it actually got smaller as time went on. The PG-13 movie’s 2 hour 31 minute runtime will expand further with an R-rated “Ultimate Edition” on home video, featuring even more brutal fight scenes as well as additional hints at future films. There’ll also be some new characters, including a secret one played by Jena Malone, who was cut from the theatrical release.

Guess all those articles about her playing X or Y were false since not in the movie.

Simo

For the collectors, Sideshow has just put up the preorder for the Black Chrome Exclusive Armored Bats for $249 but it might be sold out by now. lol
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...-batman-black-chrome-version-hot-toys-902671/
dc-comics-batman-v-superman-armored-batman-black-chrome-version-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902671-10.jpg

12790890_1293127030701433_5491615570025463438_n.jpg

Ahasverus

Finally, we have an official Timeline
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/03/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-green-lantern-dc-movie-universe/
Another trick of assembling these films is to make sure casual moviegoers are kept oriented about the timeline. So on that secret board in Snyder’s office, it’s clear: Suicide Squad takes place after the events in BvS. And the Wonder Woman movie, while largely set in 1918 during World War I, will be framed by “present day” bookends that also take place after BvS. Meanwhile, BvS includes teases about what that upcoming movie will reveal about Wonder Woman’s past.
BTW they cut Jenna Malone for the PG-13 cut. Batgirl confirmed?
If BvS sounds crowded, it actually got smaller as time went on. The PG-13 movie’s 2 hour 31 minute runtime will expand further with an R-rated “Ultimate Edition” on home video, featuring even more brutal fight scenes as well as additional hints at future films. There’ll also be some new characters, including a secret one played by Jena Malone, who was cut from the theatrical release. (More on the extended cut of BvS tomorrow at EW.com.)

Simo

Some MAJOR spoilers in that article for me, especially for the Bats/Supes fight, that I didn't know about and I don't think any toys may of spoiled it so just a heads up..

ryan299

• Suicide Squad – Aug. 5, 2016
• Wonder Woman – June 23, 2017
• Justice League - Part One – Nov. 17, 2017
• The Flash – March 16, 2018
• Aquaman – July 27, 2018
• Shazam! – April 5, 2019
• Justice League - Part Two – June 14, 2019
• Cyborg – April 3, 2020
• Green Lantern Corps – June 19, 2020

There's some openings in that schedule for Batman, MoS2 and SS2

Article says Jenna Malone got cut from the theatrical cut.

IconGrist

So based on what I just read I believe now that the IMDB leaker with the strange name has actually seen the movie and was telling the truth. He is the only one that mentioned something pretty specific that for the very first time was mentioned officially in this article.

I'm also a little less hyped now because of it.

Bleh.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So based on what I just read I believe now that the IMDB leaker with the strange name has actually seen the movie and was telling the truth. He is the only one that mentioned something pretty specific that for the very first time was mentioned officially in this article.

Bleh.

Link?

ryan299

Bleh.

The guy who said the
JL members are in the nightmare and Superman is controlled by Darkseid?
If it's that guy, know that he later came out and said he made the whole thing up

But the Robin suit is another example of groundwork BvS is laying for other movies. “We’ll be exploring that,” says Johns, who has consulted on the full slate. “No one says specifically the name of which Robin that is.”

Bleh.

What would that be? If you want, you can just PM it to me.

I still think that r/movies thing is legit based on something I saw somewhere coming out of this EW coverage.

IconGrist

I sent Ryan a PM. I won't be home for a couple of hours otherwise I would have linked you all already. If he can't find it in that time I'll post it then.

Verendus

Banned
What would that be? If you want, you can just PM it to me.

I still think that r/movies thing is legit based on something I saw somewhere coming out of this EW coverage.
If this is the same reddit thing that someone asked me about a while ago, which is really long and recaps the entire movie, then as I told him, most of it is wrong. It only has a few basic structural things right, and I mean that in the simplest of ways. There was some other one too he PM'd me that was a lot shorter, which got a couple things right, but was also off from what I saw.

I find it bizarre people are actively searching out spoilers which may or may not be right, and are allowing that to affect their potential enjoyment of this movie.

The EW piece is exciting, and for all it spoils, it lines up with my predictions and wishes. But it's a bummer reading some story details aren't in the PG-13 theatrical cut.

If this is the same reddit thing that someone asked me about a while ago, which is really long and recaps the entire movie, then as I told him, most of it is wrong. It only has a few basic structural things right, and I mean that in the simplest of ways. There was some other one too he PM'd me that was a lot shorter, which got a couple things right, but was also off from what I saw.

I find it bizarre people are actively searching out spoilers which may or may not be right, and are allowing that to affect their potential enjoyment of this movie.

Hmm. I was thought it was right based on something in the write-up and something I pieced together with the comic-con trailer.

I'm willing to read whatever for the next week or so. I'll be spoiled anyways. It's better to be on my own accord than an account suicide on here. I was 15 minutes from walking out the door to head to the theater for TDKR and someone went into a bunch of threads around here posting massive spoilers. Not again.

Verendus

Banned
Thanks Simo.

I want some more Bruce and Clark scenes, if there are any. I have to keep that dream alive. Who knows when we next get a Batman and Superman movie. It could be years from now.

Edit:

Seems like we'll get information on that tomorrow, but from the hints in EW article sounds like dropped some type of subplot related to their expanded vision
Please be a subplot about some ancient Egyptian villain that Batman accidentally discovers some information about, and it turns out it's Apocalypse from X-Men, and he was the first of all the superheroes, and he's no longer blue, but black, and his name is THE ROCK!

Dare to dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom