• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokero

as a Superman fan I have been preparing myself ever since this movie was announced with a quote from Dark Knight to the fact that Superman is going to loose the fight based on popularity and Snyder's hard on for Frank Miller but now that the movie is almost here and seeing pics like this, I'm worried this is going to, I don't want to say ruin but definitely lessen my enjoyment of the movie still hyped just a little anxious

bryanee

Is the implication here what I'm thinking it is?

8WWSgDs.jpg

IconGrist

as a Superman fan I have been preparing myself ever since this movie was announced with a quote from Dark Knight to the fact that Superman is going to loose the fight based on popularity and Snyder's hard on for Frank Miller but now that the movie is almost here and seeing pics like this, I'm worried this is going to, I don't want to say ruin but definitely lessen my enjoyment of the movie still hyped just a little anxious

This is me. Prepped for it from the beginning but hoped against hope. I just hope he doesn't come out looking like a bitch.

bryanee

I cant help but wonder how far they will take the animated Killing Joke movie. I don't want them to do it if they're going to pull their punches with it.

tim1138

I would go out of my way to distance movie Barbara from the Killing Joke, hell they basically just erased it from her origins in the Batgirl comic in the most recent issue. Have her be shot if you must, but there's no need to go all out with photographs and implied sexual assault.

This is me. Prepped for it from the beginning but hoped against hope. I just hope he doesn't come out looking like a bitch.

Me as well.
Me too.

Verendus

Banned
Yea he strips her, takes pictures of her bloodied shot naked body, then shows them to her father.
Yup, and then he taunts Gordon with the pictures while he's kidnapped and butt ass naked himself.
This is interesting from a storytelling perspective if he doesn't rape her. Rape makes it too predictable, and is a tired trope that seems to never be handled well. At least in the various books I've come across it. If the aim is to torture her dad, then those photos would plant that seed in his mind, and make him question what happened. For someone like Joker, that would be more fun than actually going ahead and doing such a deed. It's the amusement from making someone believe in something, and driving them mad, even if it may not be true. That would be pretty smart from a characterization standpoint for Joker too.

BadAss2961

I'd be okay with no Oracle at all to be honest. I'm in the minority in that I don't consider the Killing Joke canon. Batgirl should just be Batgirl #TeamMorrison
With the way seemingly everything's gone to shit for this Batman, it would make sense that Killing Joke happened and Barbara is Oracle. I'd love to see her call some Batman missions like Alfred in the latest trailer.

We could always get some Dick Grayson Robin and Batgirl moments in flashbacks. She could have a major role in a Nightwing movie.
This is interesting from a storytelling perspective if he doesn't rape her. Rape makes it too predictable, and is a tired trope that seems to never be handled well. At least in the various books I've come across it. If the aim is to torture her dad, then those photos would plant that seed in his mind, and make him question what happened. For someone like Joker, that would be more fun than actually going ahead and doing such a deed. It's the amusement from making someone believe in something, and driving them mad, even if it may not be true. That would be pretty smart from a characterization standpoint for Joker too.

Another thing about Joker is he never even has sex with Harley.

Raptor

Better not be like that, the fucking Bat always coming up like a badass while making Supes weak.

bryanee

Joker is a complete nut job and will pretty much do anything but rape has never crossed my mind with him. Its weird.

There was that one Brian Azzerello story though but that wasn't even close to being cannon.

mooncakes

When the DC/WB slates of movies was just a rumor, it did mentioned that the GL/Flash is going to be in a teamup movie. Wonder what happened to that.

IconGrist

The guy who said the
JL members are in the nightmare and Superman is controlled by Darkseid?
If it's that guy, know that he later came out and said he made the whole thing up

I know he said he came up with the whole thing (I actually just came across that thread on IMDB) but he got that one bit right and it's such a long shot thing to guess. Like what are the odds?

Really hoping Batman doesn't win. He never physically wins in the comics. Even TDKR wasn't a win

It's still Sexual violence, since Joker strip her naked to demoralize her further, but I never understood where the rape think came from. It's still an incredibly uncomfortable scene, but there was never any actual rape. I think that misunderstanding has a lot of people against Killing Joke solely for that. I personally don't care for KJ just because of how heavy and dark it gets, and I don't like so much modern canon is based on it, but it has its fans.

Just my two cents.

Who's supposed to be on the cover of the EW with the BvS info? I have a subscription and the latest one has Outlander on the cover but it doesn't mention anything about BvS in the headlines.

Simo

No new info in EW sadly or new photos. The article is pretty much the stuff they posted on the website today nearly verbatim only the website stuff actually has more info than the mag.

So the Extended R cut info coming tomorrow on the site isn't in the magazine.

IconGrist

For any of you interested Google Play store (US) has a 25 DC Animated movie bundle for $100 right now. Sadly doesn't include Mask of the Phantasm but I bought that on the side for $6.

Yager

Banned

Me as well.

Better not be like that, the fucking Bat always coming up like a badass while making Supes weak.

Wait to witness how after all the beats he takes from Batman, and when he seems to be defeated, he suddenly stands up and says "that's all you've got? Poor boy, let me buy you a drink"; Bats starts to cry, Supes hugs him and they go to Starbucks.

I don't really think one will beat the other, but they're gonna make it a tie.

i thought the extended cut would be some superficial shit like a couple swear words and some blood splatter. but man they're putting in characters and everything, that's cool. makes me more excited for that version (assuming I enjoy the theatrical one enough)

guek

Banned
i thought the extended cut would be some superficial shit like a couple swear words and some blood splatter. but man they're putting in characters and everything, that's cool. makes me more excited for that version (assuming I enjoy the theatrical one enough)

Snyder's director's cuts have been pretty good in the past. The death of Hollis Mason being cut from the original theatrical version of Watchmen was a goddamn sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom