• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
Why is the runtime on the bluray so important?
Because it's extended friend. It's extended.

While an extended cut usually doesn't indicate the movie is going to be improved, and history kind of shows it's not most of the time, I'm excited at the thought of there being a version which has an extra thirty minutes added. (This is all the fault of whoever posted those Watchmen run times. My expectations are sky high friend. Sky to the high.)

strafer

Because it's extended friend. It's extended.

While an extended cut usually doesn't indicate the movie is going to be improved, and history kind of shows it's not most of the time, I'm excited at the thought of there being a version which has an extra thirty minutes added. (This is all the fault of whoever posted those Watchmen run times. My expectations are sky high friend. Sky to the high.)

30 minutes of extra footage would be crazy.

Ahasverus

Snyder's DCs are always better.
And Affleck has the Daredevil's DC which is like a whole different movie.

The odds are in our favor :p

This week was the trade/industry screening right? I'm not sure who that all consists of, toymakers?

I know there was press junket coming. Trying to figure out when the review embargo will be lifted. I'm thinking Next Friday at the latest since it premieres in Mexico on that date, and all release week fans will have early screening.

I want to know how I managed to stay unspoiled about The Force Awakens. I really want to go full black out, but it's too damn hard. I also hope that Gal Gadot has no exclusive scene for Ellen. Want to see zero from this movie from now on.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Still no tickets available...this is how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness...

Simo

This week was the trade/industry screening right? I'm not sure who that all consists of, toymakers?

I know there was press junket coming. Trying to figure out when the review embargo will be lifted. I'm thinking Next Friday at the latest since it premieres in Mexico on that date, and all release week fans will have early screening.

The press tour starts this Friday too kicking off in Asia and then moves to Mexico next week and then the US for release week before ending up in the UK.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
The press tour starts this Friday too kicking off in Asia and then moves to Mexico next week and then the US for release week before ending up in the UK.

Is some of the cast confirmed for the Graham Norton Show?

Is some of the cast confirmed for the Graham Norton Show?

they should kick out cavill and replace him with matt damon on the graham norton show. i really wanna see him and ben on there, with some drinks. could be potentially as good as that one with bill murray, damon and the downton abbey guy.

strafer

they should kick out cavill and replace him with matt damon on the graham norton show. i really wanna see him and ben on there, with some drinks. could be potentially as good as that one with bill murray, damon and the downton abbey guy.

That episode was godly.

red lips. :D

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Love the Luthor theme, seriously it's so fucking good. Might be my favorite villain theme. I want the full version asap.

Verendus

Banned
I'm betting the prevailing criticism of this movie will continue to be that Supersauce is not the Supersauce some want. He's too conflicted! I can't handle his emotions!

a916

I'm betting the prevailing criticism of this movie will continue to be that Supersauce is not the Supersauce some want. He's too conflicted! I can't handle his emotions!

It's embarrassing a professional critic will dock marks on a review because he's not what I wanted him to be.

He should be what the director/story teller wants him to be and as long as he doesn't break the rules established in the film (or film world in this case) then he's staying true to himself.

So many review of Man of Steel were "WELL THIS ISN'T DONNER'S SUPERMAN, 3/10"... uhh, it's a damn origin story ffs... he was Superman for like a day or two.

Boke1879

If that's the biggest issue some take with the movie then so be it. I'm fine with a Superman who is unsure of himself/still trying to figure it all out.

In hindsight, Matt Damon would be an interesting Lex. I like Eisenberg and the direction for Lex. but should they ever go in a president Luthor direction, I'll have a hard time seeing Jesse as presidential. Then again, Trump...

If handled well, I don't see how this should be a point to critisize. If I had Superman powers, I wouldn't know if I help the ones in need or just rob a bank and live on an island.

Damon needs to fulfill his destiny as Harvey Dent.

Too bad he looks to old to be Robin :(
Also, he seems like one of the nicest actors out there from what I heard.

Yeah I've been guessing that for awhile, but I also don't think it will impact the movie's reception as much as it did for MoS. We already know the tone, I'm also sure Batman's characterization will be received better.

In hindsight, Matt Damon would be an interesting Lex. I like Eisenberg and the direction for Lex. but should they ever go in a president Luthor direction, I'll have a hard time seeing Jesse as presidential. Then again, Trump...

i still want a johnny depp lex, which was burton's plan. he's shown in black mass that he can be the most menacing of villains.

matt damon green lantern tho plz. could imagine him and batman giving each other shit.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
WB going for that Oscar talent.

Please get Ryan Gosling.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
This would be my personal dream. He easily could play Red Hood, and I read/heard that he wants to play a villain.

I'm still salty he declined to play the Joker, the Riddler it is! (don't care for what they get him, just get him!)

But this is great news, JK Simmons is fantastic. Not quite my tempo, Bruce.

Penguin

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I think Warner is doing this whole nervous/may delay plans thing wrong

You don't set a start date then start casting...

Probably should delay first...

bryanee

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I think Warner is doing this whole nervous/may delay plans thing wrong

giphy.gif

Verendus

Banned
If handled well, I don't see how this should be a point to critisize. If I had Superman powers, I wouldn't know if I help the ones in need or just rob a bank and live on an island.
Clark is more of a character in BvS than in Man of Steel, but he's still someone clearly struggling to do right by everyone, and others help strengthen his resolve throughout the movie. The problem is, are people happy to accept a Superman who's growing to become that example for everyone, or do they want that from him already?

It's pretty obvious where his character arc is going, but he's not there when you catch up with him in BvS. Although, he clearly does his little bit of inspiring by the end of the movie. Hence why I think some will still be rubbed the wrong way by him because they're just going to see it as an extension of what they disliked in Man of Steel, and not take his growth into account.

I think it's the best Supersauce has ever been though. I never really enjoyed him prior to these movies.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Can't even get that one right, DC is doomed. Luckily they still got Nolan. Until Disney offers him Star Wars that is.

Boke1879

Clark is more of a character in BvS than in Man of Steel, but he's still someone clearly struggling to do right by everyone, and others help strengthen his resolve throughout the movie. The problem is, are people happy to accept a Superman who's growing to become that example for everyone, or do they want that from him already?

It's pretty obvious where his character arc is going, but he's not there when you catch up with him in BvS. Although, he clearly does his little bit of inspiring by the end of the movie. Hence why I think some will still be rubbed the wrong way by him because they're just going to see it as an extension of what they disliked in Man of Steel, and not take his growth into account.

I think it's the best Supersauce has ever been though. I never really enjoyed him prior to these movies.

I can assume by the time the JL movies is out he'll be the character everyone wants him to be. Mos and BvS are basically his character development.

Great, that is exactly how I feel too. I didn't like Superman really prior Man of Steel. I want Superheroes to struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom