• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still want a johnny depp lex, which was burton's plan. he's shown in black mass that he can be the most menacing of villains.

matt damon green lantern tho plz. could imagine him and batman giving each other shit.

Just occurred to me I'd want Depp for Captain Cold. He's skilled enough to out-ham CW Cold.

Actually, Freeze wouldn't be bad. In many ways it's a second chance to play his Trancendence character.

Magwik

Banned
Clark is more of a character in BvS than in Man of Steel, but he's still someone clearly struggling to do right by everyone, and others help strengthen his resolve throughout the movie. The problem is, are people happy to accept a Superman who's growing to become that example for everyone, or do they want that from him already?

It's pretty obvious where his character arc is going, but he's not there when you catch up with him in BvS. Although, he clearly does his little bit of inspiring by the end of the movie. Hence why I think some will still be rubbed the wrong way by him because they're just going to see it as an extension of what they disliked in Man of Steel, and not take his growth into account.

I think it's the best Supersauce has ever been though. I never really enjoyed him prior to these movies.
I definitely prefer to watch Clark grow as Superman too, and it's by far the most interesting thing Man of Steel had going for it (even if Goyer fumbled on execution). I think it's important to see his perspective and ideals slowly fall in line so the viewers can learn along with him instead of him just being this all knowing powerful thing. He may be a god, but struggling to do what's right for everyone is something we all can relate to. Apparently people don't take interest in that though.

Batman getting his support cast in JL movie makes me think the threat will be more terrestrial. I'm thinking Gotham and Metropolis will be invaded by Atlantis or Darkseid.

Also cape comic fans abhor character development. I still see people thinking Superman is an asshole in new 52 based off Morrison's action comics.

ryan299

OT thread already a mess lol.

Also on Friday Jeff Sneider from the Wrap said auditions are under way for the female lead in the Flash. Wouldn't be surprised if Iris appears in JL and we hear about that soon.

Batman getting his support cast in JL movie makes me think the threat will be more terrestrial. I'm thinking Gotham and Metropolis will be invaded by Atlantis or Darkseid.

Also cape comic fans abhor character development. I still see people thinking Superman is an asshole in new 52 based off Morrison's action comics.

It could be both.

Edit: J.K. Simmons is Commissioner Gordon in "Justice League," MCU fans riot in the streets

JK Simmons whaaaaat

I'm torn, because I love JK Simmons and think he'll be an amazing Gordon, but on the other hand...

He was literally the perfect JJJ.

Kinda bummed he won't be returning to the role.

shingi70

Banned

Throne of Atlantis starts off in Gotham so it makes sense. I'm also betting that the first 15-30 minutes will be a catch up and showing the heroes doing all their solo stuff.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Great, that is exactly how I feel too. I didn't like Superman really prior Man of Steel. I want Superheroes to struggle.

Brandon Routh's Superman struggled alright! He had a kid, and cried...and was creepy.

Routh still struggling.

strafer

Cc-I7oaWAAATVFA.jpg

Magwik

Banned
My perfect casting for Sinestro is Christopher Eccleston.
Oh and David Tennant for Riddler.

Both their MCU counterparts are dead anyways so there's still hope.
Maybe Matt Smith for Braniac too.

Loxley

OT thread already a mess lol.

Also on Friday Jeff Sneider from the Wrap said auditions are under way for the female lead in the Flash. Wouldn't be surprised if Iris appears in JL and we hear about that soon.

Comic-Con is gonna be nuts this year, WB/DC preppin' to drop some bombs.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
a potential solo batfleck film could have: Affleck, Leto, JK Simmons, Margot Robbie, Jeremy Irons.

shieeeeet

Simo

Comic-Con is gonna be nuts this year, WB/DC preppin' to drop some bombs.

JL starts shooting in April with Comic Con in July? Yeah it's gonna be nuts! Unless of course WB change their plans because of the leaks last year?

He died so that birth movies death could live.

LOL I see also Eh Maybe is already pumping out the "Oh, I knew about this already yesterday but kept my mouth shut" .

JL starts shooting in April with Comic Con in July? Yeah it's gonna be nuts! Unless of course WB change their plans because of the leaks last year?

LOL I see also Eh Maybe is already on the "Oh, I knew about this already yesterday but kept my mouth shut."

I actually believe Mayimbe now. He's transitioned his reporting and now wants to deal with WB/DC and Marvel (he's recently talked about mending the fences with both studios recently). He said he had JL scoops, but wasn't posting them out of respect for WB/DC and he doesn't want to spoil things.

In the increased amount of stupidity coming out of that corner of the internet in regards to this film, Mayimbe has tried to be above it all. He's gained some respect from me.

strafer

I love him as much as the next and his work in the animated movie, but he hasn't exactly done anything to prove he can work with Oscar caliber actors.

And yet Hemsworth gets to act in front of Robert Downey Jr. ;)

anyway, you don't exactly need to be an oscar winner to be in a superhero movie.

And Jensen is probably one of the better actors on Supernatural.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I know he is the voice for red hood, but I want Gosling as Red Hood. .

Bringing in that female demographic (as far as Gadot didn't do so). Great thing is you could totally make a spin-off and the dude has chemistry with everyone he acts against. Make it happen WB (tbf they've tried for years).

Magwik

Banned
And yet Hemsworth gets to act in front of Robert Downey Jr. ;)

anyway, you don't exactly need to be an oscar winner to be in a superhero movie.

And Jensen is probably one of the better actors on Supernatural.
That's like saying Tom Wellin was one of the better actors on Smallville. Ankles has had 11 years in character, of course he's going to own the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom