• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

The fight was odd too. Is he really that powerful to withstand the whole Justice League?

In the comic, he took out Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman with his scepter. Though that's more the scepter being powerful than Orm himself. Arthur whupped his ass when they fought 1v1 later.

Rooster12

The fight was odd too. Is he really that powerful to withstand the whole Justice League?

The movie went the safe route.

Because in the comics, Orm destroyed everything (and killed hundreds) with tidal waves:

JuEMEPh.jpg

I don't care how powerful Superman is or how fast Flash is....there's nothing they can do against that.

And the movie left out one of the coolest scenes, Superman boiling the ocean and frying the Atlantean soldiers:

Boke1879

To Verendus point, seems like Gal will be on Ellen.

Cc5gc57UsAA7IUQ.jpg

Yup. Totally remember Verendus talking about advertising to different demographics so close to release.

My mom watches Ellen and loves it. My mom is still uneasy about this movie simply because she can't see Ben as Bruce Wayne. Something tells me she's cautiously interested in the movie though. This spot could totally sell it.

I've said this a lot of times but I think Gadot is what will keep BvS in the news and give it legs. It will set the standard for female super heroes. I think Black Widow is great, but lets be honest, she's not a super hero, and a lot of her function is eye candy/femme fatale. I want to see women throwing punches with the guys, not being the emotional support for the team or a love interest. I don't remember her throwing any punches at Ultron/Loki, maybe I'm wrong, I haven't watched the films in awhile.

I'd like to see Gadot's interview, I really don't know much about her.

Boke1879

I've said this a lot of times but I think Gadot is what will keep BvS in the news and give it legs. It will set the standard for female heroes.

I'd like to see Gadot's interview, I really don't know much about her.

Yea we've been hearing it pretty consistently that she's one of the high points of the movie. If she can resonate with fans that will be huge for this movie. I'm already excited for the standalone movie. I know we've only seen a few clips of it but she just looks the part to me imo.

Should we expect Mercy to wreck shit in BvS?

I hope so.

So, I was bummed when Amazon preorder for the.soundtrack on vinyl sold out, but I found out the UK (I think) is getting a limited edition with the vinyls being colored (blue red and black) for only 18 bucks more. Jumped on that shit immediately.

http://i.imgur.com/9AcJ5Uk.gif[/mg]

Source: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SOjS6YWRBg[/url][/QUOTE]

love holly hunter.

man that tv spot guek posted is fucking tight. batman's being real cocky with that "well..here i am" haha. however this film ends up they've done a great job of depicting superman as a god-like figure, that landing is just intimidating, of course the bat-gawd would be brazen enough to stand there knowing how much weaker he is.

IconGrist

After going through that thread of ranking the MCU movies and reading defense posts about Iron Man 3 I now know what MoS haters feel like when they read a post by someone defending that movie, haha.

Iron Man 3 is fantastic. Has easily the best humor and wit in that entire slate of films, though that is expected when you got Shane Black behind the script.

Neoxon

I was going through my DC Blu-Ray collection when I re-discovered Justice League: The New Frontier. I highly recommend you all watch it.

Yeah, Iron Man 3 is great. My brothers and I love it.

I also know a guy that isn't much of a fan of most of the Marvel movies, but he loves Iron Man 3. He thinks most of the other movies are okay to good, and hates Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Avengers.

Personally, I like all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe stuff. I just rewatched all of the movies last month for the first time since seeing them in theaters, and still thought they were great.

I was going through my DC Blu-Ray collection when I re-discovered Justice League: The New Frontier. I highly recommend you all watch it.

You know, one of my brothers bought that on DVD when it came out, and I've always had it around, but haven't gotten around to watching it. I've meant to, though. I'll try and do that this week.

Cool shot of Lex

QcmCXVd.png

Soo...
This is from the scene where Superman bows to Lex. But since the Bat signal still exists it probably happens just prior to the fight. So Superman is under some mind control or something?

Magwik

Banned
Cool shot of Lex

QcmCXVd.png

Soo...
This is from the scene where Superman bows to Lex. But since the Bat signal still exists it probably happens just prior to the fight. So Superman is under some mind control or something?
I think in that scene is when he is talking to Lois, about "Man of Steel versus Bat of Gotham"

After going through that thread of ranking the MCU movies and reading defense posts about Iron Man 3 I now know what MoS haters feel like when they read a post by someone defending that movie, haha.

Yeah Iron Man 3 is in a similar position to Man of Steel, the difference is that I accept the movie isn't what I want it to be and move on, unless someone asks for feedback in particular. In this case it was a bit too comedic for my tastes and a far cry from Iron Man 1.

People that dislike man of steel's tone will let you know it, over and over. They won't move on and will continue to bring up man of steel in any DC thread they can. It's become supremely obvious at this point that BvS won't feature a Donner Superman.

She supports the massacre of the Palestinians, so there's that.

I don't want to open that can of worms since I barely know anything about the conflict. Curious what Affleck thinks about that, considering he's very left leaning. I hope it isn't an issue on set.

Bought my tickets today. Super hyped! I got them via Fandango and got some free comics that I'll eventually take a look at.

That's fun, but I hope it's non-canon.
The mystery of Joe Chill should only be solved Batman.

Suprisingly, the comics they all put in there are really good and worth continuing. I wish DC would put up a database system already.

I'm pretty site there's no
mind controling
in this movie. And it would not make sense either, if Superman
is being mind controled, the fight with Batman would last half a second, cause Supes wouldn't have to pull any punches

I don't like the idea either, it makes him look like a bitch.

I'm pretty site there's no
mind controling
in this movie. And it would not make sense either, if Superman
is being mind controled, the fight with Batman would last half a second, cause Supes wouldn't have to pull any punches

I don't like the idea either, it makes him look like a bitch.

Agreed. I don't want that either.

Everybody is looking rough in that clip.

Nah, just Affleck really. It's weird, I've always thought that out of the two, Cavill was always the more robotic and less fun seeming person. However, these Omaze videos have really made Affleck come across really stilted and scripted, whilst making Cavill seem like a pretty fun guy.
Guess it's the work he's had done on his face? Just seems so unanimated.

Nah, just Affleck really. It's weird, I've always thought that out of the two, Cavill was always the more robotic and less fun seeming person. However, these Omaze videos have really made Affleck come across really stilted and scripted, whilst making Cavill seem like a pretty fun guy.
Guess it's the work he's had done on his face? Just seems so unanimated.

I mean, Affleck looked fine on Jimmy Kimmel.

Yeah Iron Man 3 is in a similar position to Man of Steel, the difference is that I accept the movie isn't what I want it to be and move on, unless someone asks for feedback in particular. In this case it was a bit too comedic for my tastes and a far cry from Iron Man 1.

People that dislike man of steel's tone will let you know it, over and over. They won't move on and will continue to bring up man of steel in any DC thread they can. It's become supremely obvious at this point that BvS won't feature a Donner Superman.

I don't want to open that can of worms since I barely know anything about the conflict. Curious what Affleck thinks about that, considering he's very left leaning. I hope it isn't an issue on set.

Suprisingly, the comics they all put in there are really good and worth continuing. I wish DC would put up a database system already.

IM3 is nowhere near as polarizing as MOS. It's certainly the closest Marvel Studios has come to engendering that sort of backlash, but it's still a long way from it.

Mind control
is a dumb plot device. I like the idea that
Lex has Ma
, and I'm hoping it's true. I could see
Batman comforting Superman if Ma Kent dies, holy shit would that be so fucking sad. It would be a beautiful start to a friendship.

IM3 is nowhere near as polarizing as MOS. It's certainly the closest Marvel Studios has come to engendering that sort of backlash, but it's still a long way from it.

Well that's because of two things imo:

1. It's not the sole movie in the universe, and it didn't have a 3 year gap until the next marvel movie.

2. Man of Steel has some noticeable flaws, regardless of tone or it's take of Superman.

strafer

This is pretty cool.

Harley Quinn’s original costume almost appeared in Suicide Squad says star
“We tried on every variation of the costume. I cannot emphasize enough how many outfits, and how many variations of the Harley Quinn costume we tried. We tried the court jester costume, we tried the corset and skirt, we tried leather pants, we tried literally every type of costume possible for her. I really love where we ended up. And who knows, maybe in the sequels we’ll go with the court jester one. I think there’s a world of possibilities.”

Verendus

Banned
Another BvS screening this week. Not a private one like last month, so I imagine some spoilers could potentially make their way onto the interwebs by next week. Just letting the spoilerphobes know. More importantly, we still don't know the run time of the BvS home video release. I feel like it's time we just give up on this. We'll never know. It's just not meant to be.

Instead, it's time to focus on X-Men: Apocalypse. The true-blue superhero that we all really need. And he has all the colour you could want.

strafer

Another BvS screening this week. Not a private one like last month, so I imagine some spoilers could potentially make their way onto the interwebs by next week. Just letting the spoilerphobes know. More importantly, we still don't know the run time of the BvS home video release. I feel like it's time we just give up on this. We'll never know. It's just not meant to be.

Instead, it's time to focus on X-Men: Apocalypse. The true-blue superhero that we all really need. And he has all the colour you could want.

Why is the runtime on the bluray so important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom