• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeTeeCee

British insurance comparison service Compare the Market are running a BvS promotion/ad campaign where you can get a Batman or Superman meerkat toy, along with the usual 2 for 1 film tickets. I'd post the tv ad itself, but apparently no one has actually uploaded it to Youtube:

http://www.comparethemarket.com/heroic-rewards/

It's the first UK-specific piece of marketing I've seen for the film.

bryanee

British insurance comparison service Compare the Market are running a BvS promotion/ad campaign where you can get a Batman or Superman meerkat toy, along with the usual 2 for 1 film tickets. I'd post the tv ad itself, but apparently no one has actually uploaded it to Youtube:

http://www.comparethemarket.com/heroic-rewards/

It's the first UK-specific piece of marketing I've seen for the film.

I saw it last night. It gave me a good chuckle. I'd get my insurance through them if I actually had to get it just for the toy lol

I can't get over how bad the new Superman suit is in the comics. High collar, yuck! Supes wears his costume under his CK suit, but the high collar, besides being so UGLY, compromises that.

Ugh.

MoS and BvS suits are infinitely better, even without the red shorts.

DaveH

If you really like Dr Pepper and have a Shoprite (northeast supermarket chain), three boxes are $7 off, plus the $5 movie cash... so 72 cans for $3!

We don't drink soda but if you're trying to collect the cans and like the drinks.

bryanee

I can't get over how bad the new Superman suit is in the comics. High collar, yuck! Supes wears his costume under his CK suit, but the high collar, besides being so UGLY, compromises that.

Ugh.

New 52 Supes costume>>>>All others.

Loxley

Nothing will ever, ever top the Max Fleischer costume for me.

XROp6W9.jpg

I'll admit I'm a bit biased because the Fleischer cartoons were my first exposure to the character, but I've always found the black \S/ to be very striking and just plain cool (I was thrilled when DC recently brought it back). Plus, I'll always have a soft spot for the shorter cape.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

Ugh.

In the New 52 he doesn't actually wear it under his CK disguise iirc. It's some nano-technology shit or something like that.

super-change.gif

rokero

The BvS Superman suit is perfection, I like the Nu52 version but I wouldn't mind they change it for the movie version, the kingdom come version is the GOAT though,
BSUgLUc.jpg
[/IMG]

I like this one its a nice combination of both maybe add the gold belt from the movie version

I think the paneling above is awful. It shouldn't start with the full suit (atleast from our view) then start building it up. It just looks weird.

Out of all the properties, I think DC fumbled Superman the hardest with new 52. It's not even the creative changes (I don't mind ma/pa dying, or Supes/WW) or the suit (I actually think it's an improvement), it was the decision to put Morrison on action comics in an impromptu manner.

You don't just put fucking Grant Morrison on the #1 of a popular character with a new reboot. I can't think of another creative that will make new people drop faster than Morrison. He's a great writer, but he's not mainstream, not at all.

Ontop of that, George Perez had no idea what was going on with Morrison's story, so he could do fuck all since Action Comics was meant to be the early years of Superman, so he can't contradict that.

I"m not blaming Morrison, but DC's lack of planning New 52. I'm hoping rebirth will be much better planned. I think it's been in the works for awhile, atleast before DCYou, probably using convergence as a measure for what series to focus on.

Hoping rebirth pays homage to the original action comics cover, with Superman throwing a car.

May is going to be really exciting.

has DC announce who the creative teams are for rebirth, hope they get a good team for Superman go all out

The Rich Johnston rumor was Tomasi on the main book.

Which I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't call him revolutionary but he's more than serviceable. Looking forward to whatever Super League is.

Rich is far from always right though.

What I really want to see is DC mending relations with their old writers.

rokero

The Rich Johnston rumor was Tomasi on the main book.

Which I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't call him revolutionary but he's more than serviceable. Looking forward to whatever Super League is.

Rich is far from always right though.

What I really want to see is DC mending relations with their old writers.

not a fan of Tomasi I was hoping for Waid, JMS, or Busiek on the artist side maybe Hitch, Calos Pacheco, Gary Frank They need a good creative team for Supes

not a fan of Tomasi I was hoping for Waid, JMS, or Busiek on the artist side maybe Hitch, Calos Pacheco, Gary Frank They need a good creative team for Supes

Giving Waid Superman would be one way to entice him back. I'm not sure if he'd be up for Superman twice a month though. Maybe action comics. I know his AMA said it'd be up to DC on whether or not he returns.

It seems like you aren't to discuss Aquaman's role in the film either

https://twitter.com/AquamanShrine/status/705566413814108165

Wonder if DC would do Throne of Atlantis for their first JL story. An aquaman centered story doesn't sound like it would sell well with executives, but it would certainly change the public's perception of Aquaman from a joke character, which hiring Momoa already did for some.

bryanee

Maybe he plays a slightly bigger role in BvS than expected and they just don't want that info slipping out yet.

rokero

well the Justice League set photo snyder released seem to have a lot of Aquaman stuff in it including what appeared to be Atlantean armour and a Queen Mera painting it seems Atlantis has a prominent role in the JL movie

shingi70

Banned
Giving Waid Superman would be one way to entice him back. I'm not sure if he'd be up for Superman twice a month though. Maybe action comics. I know his AMA said it'd be up to DC on whether or not he returns.

Wonder if DC would do Throne of Atlantis for their first JL story. An aquaman centered story doesn't sound like it would sell well with executives, but it would certainly change the public's perception of Aquaman from a joke character, which hiring Momoa already did for some.

It's probably going to be throne which explains why Mera is taking Lanterns spot. Look at it this way

Man of Steel
Batman V Superman introduces Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman
Justice League -Throne of Atalnits is big enough for the team to come together and have repercussions for other dceu films.

Aquaman - Black Manta
Flash - he's big enough now that he doesn't need an intro.

Justice League 2 - something cosmic that introduces the Lanterns. .

It just makes wonder if Justice League is Atlantis how will cyborg be created.

Rooster12

While it is my favorite JL/Aquaman story ever....it's mostly an Aquaman story. Having Batman, Superman, WW and the crew there will just make it worse.

That's why the animated movie sucked. There was no reason for Batman or Wonder Woman to be in it at all.

There were some signs that pointed in that direction in that pic with Snyder and Momoa. Lots of Atlantis-looking armor, picture of Mera. Probably gonna have a strong Aquaman bent to it even if it's not a Throne of Atlantis adaptation per se.

Wat

Tomasi is fantastic, dude. N52 Batman & Robin was great, Son of Batman is even better.

rokero

There were some signs that pointed in that direction in that pic with Snyder and Momoa. Lots of Atlantis-looking armor, picture of Mera. Probably gonna have a strong Aquaman bent to it even if it's not a Throne of Atlantis adaptation per se.

Wat

Tomasi is fantastic, dude. N52 Batman & Robin was great, Son of Batman is even better.

not a fan of those not really tomasi's fault but because I don't like Damian Wayne, I don't think he's a good fit for Superman

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I can only imagine how beautiful Atlantis will look with a 200+ million budget. We are due for a good underwater movie.

Well it is interesting to note Aquaman is right after JL: Part one, so maybe they'll examine the fallout of Orm invading the mainland.

Maybe it will be a joint Orm/Darkseid invasion. I didn't care for the animated movie at the end where Orm basically destroyed the justice league with his scepter. I don't think he's a credible threat by himself. Though the atlantean army could be huge. Maybe we'll get Starro + Orm, controlling the league and we get some fights like Superman vs Wonder Woman.

But yeah, I agree that they have to setup Cyborg somehow. They're not extremely limited but I'm guessing they'll still want him fused with new god tech.

Aquaman is a cool character. I learned that with Flashpoint. People think he's dumb. He looks dumb, he speaks to fish etc.

Just watched Throne of Atlantis, was decent.

It looks like Superman is slowly losing his hair (looking at the forehead)
lol

yeah i'm never really concerned about shit like this but that is just extremely noticeable in that second pic. that slicked back hair is such a bad look for him. he looks like 100X better as clark kent with the more styled hair.

one of those rare cases where clark kent is much more attractive than superman lol. they should give him a wig for justice league. if affleck wears one then why not him.

Hates that Throne turned Orm into a one note power hungry asshole.

The film or the story in general?

I'm guessing you meant the film, I agree. The story actually made me feel sympathetic for Orm to a degree. I like the way Johns write villains, they're typically a little more layered and twisted (Black Adam, Zoom, Sinestro).

The fight was odd too. Is he really that powerful to withstand the whole Justice League?

Not really no. I could see his army posing a threat, but Just Orm shouldn't take more than a couple leaguers to take down without too much of a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom