• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
13754315_1770296356523640_6281360566682429264_n.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Potential Suicide Squad spoiler

Might be a very brief Flash cameo, possibly in a Boomerang flashback. A shot making the rounds has Boomerang getting taken out by something with blue lightening that looks suspiciously like what we see by Flash in the JL teaser.

Suicide Squad interviews with Margot Robbie, David Ayer, Will Smith, Jay Hernandez, and Karen Fukuhara: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSSNk5FZ2Jg

And here's Will Smith singing "Miami" while the others groove out behind him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxFQVhvEoZw

Will is a true showman. It must be a relief to have someone with that much energy out promoting your movie, especially if you're part of the cast and not comfortable doing press cause you can just let him do his thing.

Anyway, while they (David Ayer, Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Karen Fukuhara, Jay Hernandez) were in Miami, they also showed up as guests on the Spanish morning talk show Despierta America:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6w7pnHr0YY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3PTHV4r_18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU6hBlq-3MA

Some more/extended clips:
The Squad comes in and gets interviewed: http://www.univision.com/shows/desp...s-amigos-de-suicide-squad-video?playlist=true
The Squad does social media/Snapchat stuff: http://www.univision.com/shows/desp...es-sociales-con-ayuda-de-william-valdes-video
The Squad plays DC characters charades: www.univision.com/shows/despierta-a...-abrazos-en-el-juego-de-las-adivinanzas-video

VanWinkle

Will is a true showman. It must be a relief to have someone with that much energy out promoting your movie, especially if you're part of the cast and not comfortable doing press cause you can just let him do his thing.

Haha 100% agreed. Smith has cracked me up with this SDCC stuff. So much charisma.

Will Smit is Team Superman. What a traitor.
Karen Fukuhara is Team Batman.
Margot Robbie: Huntress and Man Eater (actually don't know who that is.)
Jay Hernández is Team Joker.

Read through the last couple of pages of the new DC trailer threads. Aquaman is edgy. Flash is try-hard. Wonder Woman is wooden. Cyborg is trash. Batman is a mass murderer. Superman is dead.

Yager

Banned
Read through the last couple of pages of the new DC trailer threads. Aquaman is edgy. Flash is try-hard. Wonder Woman is wooden. Cyborg is trash. Batman is a mass murderer. Superman is dead.

What did you expect? The best part is people calling that a trailer, when clearly it's fucking not. But I guess it's fun to dislike stuff to the point of throwing logic out of the window.

(I'm still surprised nobody calls Gal Wooden Woman or Wonder Wooden.)

guek

Banned

That's pretty much just the JL thread though. The WW thread is pretty upbeat.

And let's be honest, Cyborg is definitely trash :p

GAMEPROFF

Banned

I havent read a single paper of comicbook with him involved, so I cant say anything about the character, but my fucking good does his costume looks mega shitty in that trailer. Its the worst right next to the one of Flash.

guek

Banned
I havent read a single paper of comicbook with him involved, so I cant say anything about the character, but my fucking good does his costume looks mega shitty in that trailer. Its the worst right next to the one of Flash.

I actually don't hate it by itself. The issue is that the design is so different and it looks so blatantly CG, it looks like it belongs in a completely different movie in the worst way. I dislike the Flash costume more because, like the costumes in the Power Ranger reboot, it's way too busy in its design.

That's pretty much just the JL thread though. The WW thread is pretty upbeat.

This is largely because Cyborg is 80% CGI, and this film has been in production only three months. It hasn't even finished filming, let alone post-production.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I actually don't hate it by itself. The issue is that the design is so different and it looks so blatantly CG, it looks like it belongs in a completely different movie in the worst way. I dislike the Flash costume more because, like the costumes in the Power Ranger reboot, it's way too busy in its design.

This is largely because Cyborg is 80% CGI, and this film has been in production only three months. It hasn't even finished filming, let alone post-production.

I know, but then they shouldnt have showed it. I dont understand Filmmakers, who go with mega ugly stand ins just to have something to show, its like they want to get laughed about.

Beside that, I loved the trailer. Even more then Wonder Woman. Barry Allen was the fucking best.

I know, but then they shouldnt have showed it. I dont understand Filmmakers, who go with mega ugly stand ins just to have something to show, its like they want to get laughed about.

Beside that, I loved the trailer. Even more then Wonder Woman. Barry Allen was the fucking best.

It was most likely Comic-Con exclusive footage till the last minute before they decided to show it to the public. It even says that in the beginning.

It was most likely Comic-Con exclusive footage till the last minute before they decided to show it to the public. It even says that in the beginning.
DC have to get it out to show the difference in tone from the toxic BVS. I don't mind the CGI right now and won't judge until the final trailer. However, personally I don't like how DC try to force Cyborg to popular by forcing his inclusion in both the comics and the movies. Just give me the much more interesting John Stewart if they really need an extra member.

DC have to get it out to show the difference in tone from the toxic BVS. I don't mind the CGI right now and won't judge until the final trailer. However, personally I don't like how DC try to force Cyborg to popular by forcing his inclusion in both the comics and the movies. Just give me the much more interesting John Stewart if they really need an extra member.

I agree. Cyborg is the bottom of the barrel.

SJRB

Gold Member
A female Green Lantern to somewhat balance out the sausage fest.

1 woman, 6 guys is not a train I would want to ride.

A female Green Lantern to somewhat balance out the sausage fest.

1 woman, 6 guys is not a train I would want to ride.
They need someone back at HQ, with expert IT hacking skills to provide backup and surveillance. They need someone who can keep secrets . she is the 7th member of the JL, Felicity Smoak.

👾👿👾

Yager

Banned

John Stewart is a guy who "wears a green suit and can fly", Cyborg is a young man with the power of control every piece of technology in the world. I mean, I understand why they're pushing him instead of another superguy, not that I prefer one over the other, but I understand it.

shingi70

Banned

Is it forcing cyborg, because outside of places like gaf and hardcore comic fans everyone else seems to like cyborg and barley noticed that MM isn't in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom