• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Remember when Zack said that Grants version wouldn't fit in his universe, well judging from the footage we saw I think he can.

Kibbles

tumblr_oatww83rcd1shxv8yo1_1280.jpg

Simo

I see it's more colorful but that's all the difference I see.

Well, that and that he got 10 years younger.

They've tweaked the webbing and wrists along with the muscle definition on the silver lining inside the suit. Otherwise it's very similar to the BvS suit.

Grant chimes in.

dRdUZ1d.png

f3Dr5zY.png
Good man, Gustin. I'm happy he's happy. A lot of the DCTV actors seemed to think because they played the characters on TV they would be the roles in the movies which is just bizarre logic even as someone who really likes them in the roles. Glad Gustin isn't one of them.

a916

Good man, Gustin. I'm happy he's happy. A lot of the DCTV actors seemed to think because they played the characters on TV they would be the roles in the movies which is just bizarre logic even as someone who really likes them in the roles. Glad Gustin isn't one of them.

Dude probably also recognizes Flash can pop in the movie universe and make perfect sense too. No point burning bridges.

Like when would they have the time to shoot and movie and season of a weekly TV show?

I love the Flash effect SO MUCH

Its like when the lightning comes he's already there where he wants to go but then time itself needs to catch up and you see his physical body pulled by lightning/speed force. The little delay before the fast is beautiful

That must have been that red/blue shift Terrio was talking about

strafer

What I'm most curious about is how they are going to show him moving fast.

Are they going the Quicksilver route were everything slows down? or just him running and blur out the background.

Looks great! The armor panels reminds me a lot of the New 52 suit.

The only issue I have is the color of the suit. I wish it retained the gray/black combo because as it looks in that shot it's hard to see and make out the emblem due to it blending in with the rest of the suit.

Supes looks great but then they've only slightly tweaked his BvS suit but its still a new suit. lol
13718526_10210466617170025_3898249381230076464_n.jpg

Only difference I notice is the, uh, crotch area. I'd like Superman to get a tweaked suit later in the film.

It'd also be nice to see further alterations on Batman. Brighter brass on the belt and a Rebirth-esque brass lining on the bat logo could work. And a cape that drapes over the shoulders.

Ninjimbo

Anybody in Miami tomorrow? There's a Suicide Squad event with some of the cast and David Ayer.

I kinda wish I still lived in Miami now. I'm quite a few hours away now.
I live in Miami. This isn't that far away from where I live either. I'm going to be at work though. :(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
it's nice to see they are having a blast, last year's comic with the bvs cast was sour and serious.

this looks like they having the times of their lives, hopefully it translate to the screen. Ezra is gonna kill it as The Flash.

IconGrist

You can see here the differences between the BvS and JL suits. Minor but they are there. The piping along the sides is closer to the MoS piping. The abs are sculpted and more pronounced. The crotch access doesn't change the flow of the chainmail anymore. The baseplate behind the glyph blends in with the suit better. The gold belt appears to peak higher with its curve.

J_Viper

Anybody in Miami tomorrow? There's a Suicide Squad event with some of the cast and David Ayer.

I kinda wish I still lived in Miami now. I'm quite a few hours away now.

I've been avoiding going out since the weather in Miami has been god awful, but I might have to make an exception for this

Boke1879

Man one thing I gotta give DC. They put their women right in the front. Granted it's only a few they aren't afraid to push em. Harley, Waller and WW. We need more of this.

I really hope those rumors are true we get a Gotham City Sirens movie.

Boke1879

Man, it's going to be rough for them to sell me on this version of the Joker. So far I'm sold on everybody but him. We'll see. I'm going to keep an open mind.

Really? I know initially everyone was against it, but I feel now most people have come around. Honestly the more I've seen the more I can't wait.

I know it's a different take. I know it's more in your face. But I think it'll be great really.

VanWinkle

Really? I know initially everyone was against it, but I feel now most people have come around. Honestly the more I've seen the more I can't wait.

I know it's a different take. I know it's more in your face. But I think it'll be great really.

Stuff like that hand tattoo and the "Hahaha" and "Joker" tattoos and everything...it just...I don't know. It screams "look at me! I'm The Joker!" It's honestly hard to explain, but it is off-putting. But like I said, Leto's performance can [and has to] rise above that, and I'm going to keep an open mind.

I think the last two Joker adaptations (Ledger and Nicholson) had a great look AND a great performance. At best, this will only have a great performance. And that could easily be enough for me, but it's still disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom