• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but it's just a goatee. I mean, I have a goatee lol. I'm not saying he's not DS but seems like a rather weak thing to latch onto.

Dude. I googled Joe Manganiello goatee and there is not one single picture of him with a goatee. Yes, I had a goatee too once, but he never had. It's just too convenient.
Nice body though.

top-10-the-best-male-bodies-in-the-world-3.jpg

If had to take a guess

• Justice League is traveling the world protecting scientists targeted by Parademons
  • Arrive at the HQ of a particular one (Idk T.O. Morrow, Arthur Light?, etc.)
  • Find he already hired his own protection
  • Deathstroke vs Justice League right out of Identity Crisis

is he still hungry?

Idk, maybe? I just thought that shit was hilarious.

If had to take a guess

• Justice League is traveling the world protecting scientists targeted by Parademons
  • Arrive at the HQ of a particular one (Idk T.O. Morrow, Arthur Light?, etc.)
  • Find he already hired his own protection
  • Deathstroke vs Justice League right out of Identity Crisis

Vadernoooooo.gif

If we're doing the guessing game for his inclusion in Justice League, I'd say Deathstroke is tied to Luthor in some capacity. Maybe he breaks him out?

Ashhong

I find it strange that Mayimbe posted that without a comment from WB. During his Periscope he specifically said that he CANT post anything that isn't 100% verified, usually by the studio PR team. Or maybe he said that he can't post if the studio flat out denies it. I guess a "no comment" is a different story. If this isn't true, I'm never trusting that guy again.

I find it strange that Mayimbe posted that without a comment from WB. During his Periscope he specifically said that he CANT post anything that isn't 100% verified, usually by the studio PR team. Or maybe he said that he can't post if the studio flat out denies it. I guess a "no comment" is a different story. If this isn't true, I'm never trusting that guy again.

He just means he just can't post some bullshit he heard from one person. He needs to try to verify it with other sources. Basically, he can't shotgun shit on the internet like he used to do in the past and now has to go through a process of trying to verify/confirm what he's about to report with other sources because he's working for an actual news organization with standards.

He seems fairly confident about Deathstroke being the villain in the Batman film. He threw down a challenge/bet; $5,000 USD, his social media accounts, and Heroic Hollywood if he's wrong.

Ashhong

He just means he just can't post some bullshit he heard from one person. He needs to try to verify it with other sources. Basically, he can't shotgun shit on the internet like he used to do in the past and now has to go through a process of trying to verify/confirm what he's about to report with other sources because he's working for an actual news organization with standards.

He seems fairly confident about Deathstroke being the villain in the Batman film. He threw down a challenge/bet; $5,000 USD, his social media accounts, and Heroic Hollywood if he's wrong.

But what's the difference if the studio simply says "no comment"? It's basically some bullshit until verified. Unless his source is just that trustworthy.

It would be hilarious if there was a rewrite and DS was gone

But what's the difference if the studio simply says "no comment"? It's basically some bullshit until verified. Unless his source is just that trustworthy.

It would be hilarious if there was a rewrite and DS was gone

I think you're confused by what he was saying. He never talked about needing the studio to confirm anything to run it. Other trades don't and they're more or less taken as written word when they report something even though the studios doesn't confirm anything.

Tom Cruise.

I wanted to say it when I first saw the video, but I didn't want people to think I was crazy. :(

Hence my post about people doing an analysis of the eye and matching it to someone. I wanted someone else to take the hit lol.

Ashhong

I think you're confused by what he was saying. He never talked about needing the studio to confirm anything to run it. Other trades don't and they're more or less taken as written word when they report something even though the studios doesn't confirm anything.

I wanted to say it when I first saw the video, but I didn't want people to think I was crazy. :(

Hence my post about people doing an analysis of the eye and matching it to someone. I wanted someone else to take the hit lol.

Just watched his Periscope again and he specifically says "everything has to be fact checked. I have to notify the publicist, agent, studio etc, and they either have to comment or deny it. It's got to go on the record". However he does mention something later about "no comments" being ok. Just as long as they dont flat out deny it.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I wonder when we'll end up getting Vertigo movies. I want The Invisibles, The Filth, Doom Patrol, Sandman, Y: The Last Man, and all that other shit!

Just watched his Periscope again and he specifically says "everything has to be fact checked. I have to notify the publicist, agent, studio etc, and they either have to comment or deny it. It's got to go on the record". However he does mention something later about "no comments" being ok. Just as long as they dont flat out deny it.

Maybe I missed that part of it. I had it on in the background while I was doing other stuff.

Alright random off topic question time. I'm a groomsman in a wedding this weekend, how much should I give as a gift?

We have a group text going and nobody can agree. lol

First friend got married back in June, I was the best man, I just asked the few friends who were attending the wedding what they were doing for gifts -- it was a super small ceremony, like 30 people max so there were only like 6 of us total. I also gauged how much to spend on them based on hearing them talk about some of the wedding presents they had bought for others.

jackdoe

Official DC Instagram page has nothing (@dccomics).

Fake edit: It's some fan account.
Heh. Ahasverus getting into the spirit of enthusiast journalism, parroting a secondary source (in this case a forum post in a different thread), without fact checking or providing an original source.

Penguin

Heh. Ahasverus getting into the spirit of enthusiast journalism, parroting a secondary source (in this case a forum post in a different thread), without fact checking or providing an original source.

He'll be working for cosmic book news in no time!

Ahasverus

Don't shoot me! I don't get my living from this! :p

Well, DC rumors do give me life, but that's not the same.

It's awful. Good dialogue should fit the character. Lex Luthor isn't the Riddler.

Luthor the second.

People really don't like IC Deathstroke fight. Go figure.

Literally everything about Identity Crisis was shit. That that fight is the bit people remember as especially awful says a lot.

You didn't love The Flash running in slow-motion to impale himself on a sword ?

nah Identity Crisis was great. the revisionist history of the internet really likes to pile on this series. the books really lifted that veil that DC heroes are infallible. lot of people were glad for that (in this forum too, everyone was so hyped and satisfied with it.)

only people who didn't like the fight how it went are people who think the heroes are unbeatable, heroes mess up sometimes and the group was off their game with everything that had happened. Deathstroke didn't beat the JLA, he momentarily got the upper hand on some of them. they were sloppy. it happens. Deathstroke is good at what he does. it's been ten years, let it go guys.

WhiteWolf

If the rumor is true, Joe is a really good choice. He has the size necessary for the role and stood out on True Blood (until they ruined the show).

Snyder wanted Mangynello as Superman then as Batman and now Affleck snatched him up. Full circle

Stupid question, but if Snyder wanted him for his Superman movie, why was Cavill picked in the end? I know that the director doesn't necessarily call the shots when it comes to casting, but I assume Snyder would have a big enough pull on that project.

Ashhong

Stupid question, but if Snyder wanted him for his Superman movie, why was Cavill picked in the end? I know that the director doesn't necessarily call the shots when it comes to casting, but I assume Snyder would have a big enough pull on that project.

He probably wanted him along with others, and then decided Cavill was the better choice in the end. I agree with it

strafer

its all part of the plan

Busty

Banned
A friend* of mine (who works in the 'biz' but has no insider knowledge of this) made the point that if this is indeed a 'costume test' then whoever WB have cast as Deathstroke is most likely wearing the costume in the footage.

Costumes like these can cost tens, if not hundreds, of thousands and the studio would never spend that amount of money on a costume to be warn by a stand in when the actor cast in the role could have totally different dimensions necessitating a new costume being made. IIRC both Cavill and Routh had their initial test screenings wearing Reeves' original Superman costume. Then, once cast, the Superman 'suits' were made specifically for them.

In short, it's likely that whoever is playing Deathstroke in 'The Batman' is also the man donning the suit in that test footage too.

* - This is the same friend that, like me, thought that Tom Cruise is indeed wearing the suit. I can't explain it but I swear I recognised his 'eye' right away.

strafer

A friend* of mine (who works in the 'biz' but has no insider knowledge of this) made the point that if this is indeed a 'costume test' then whoever WB have cast as Deathstroke is most likely wearing the costume in the footage.

Costumes like these can cost tens, if not hundreds, of thousands and the studio would never spend that amount of money on a costume to be warn by a stand in when the actor cast in the role could have totally different dimensions necessitating a new costume being made. IIRC both Cavill and Routh had their initial test screenings wearing Reeves' original Superman costume. Then, once cast, the Superman 'suits' were made specifically for them.

In short, it's likely that whoever is playing Deathstroke in 'The Batman' is also the man donning the suit in that test footage too.

* - This is the same friend that, like me, thought that Tom Cruise is indeed wearing the suit. I can't explain it but I swear I recognised his 'eye' right away.

must be nice to have friends who knows shit

maybe he can give you a peak at the good stuff :D

a916

Not Cruise... he's a good actor but I don't see the fit.

I thought the latest BvS thread was going to be some behind-the-scenes tell all article one of the trades had been putting together.. boy was I wrong lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom