• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

Nah. Lex is too easy to place in Superman solos and Justice League. He was just getting good at the end of BvS. I really doubt we've seen the last of him.
I hope so. I just feel like Lex was so good in BvS that I really wonder what they could have him do in another movie. Can he be the main bad guy again in another Supes solo?

My bullshit alarm always goes off when a rumor dump pretty much includes every possible project. I assume the only people with that much access are people who are not going to be spilling the beans online. It's easy to fall into the hype when it's a dump about a single movie or just a few projects, not the entire slate + a bunch of TV news.

Ding ding ding

Nah. Lex is too easy to place in Superman solos and Justice League. He was just getting good at the end of BvS. I really doubt we've seen the last of him.

Unfortunately we haven't, but he's a terrible Lex.

Atomic Odin

Unfortunately we haven't, but he's a terrible Lex.

tumblr_o9mb3pVVhm1qgw158o1_500.gif

Vyer

Yeah, I appreciate the effort but I didn't really like the take on Lex. Like some sort of Joker lite. Just didn't work for me.

Penguin

I like the Luthor in this, and feel like the end of the movie set him up to be a possible deranged, cold, calculating man in the future.

Ahasverus

But he's not ready for a public campaing, he was convicted as the guy who bombed the capitol ffs.

I personally loved Lex, he was goofy sometimes sure, but when he got serious, shit got real, the heliport scene had me on my toes. They can waive the crazyness to alien posession too.

Easiest path to Lex's redemption in the public eye is having him helping stop Steppenwolf. Justice League cartoon did the same with the Justice Lords.

guek

Banned
An aspect of Luthor I enjoy that Snyder missed completely by casting Eisenberg is his obsession with the advancement of humanity and how Lex feels he's at the forefront of human evolution. I want a Luthor that has a dominating presence, who is intellectually ferocious, and full of pride for both his mind and body. Basically, I wanted All Star Superman Luthor 😛. Not all versions of the character are portrayed this way, and neither Hackman or Spacey fit that bill, but it's what I wanted to see this time around.

They should have cast Mark Strong as Luthor. I want that guy for everything though haha

Who's gonna take his campaign seriously after that speech at the party?

But he's not ready for a public campaing, he was convicted as the guy who bombed the capitol ffs.

Easiest path to Lex's redemption in the public eye is having him helping stop Steppenwolf. Justice League cartoon did the same with the Justice Lords.

Donald Trump is a candidate for President of the United States.

Lex will be fine, I'm sure of it.

Atomic Odin

An aspect of Luthor I enjoy that Snyder missed completely by casting Eisenberg is his obsession with the advancement of humanity and how Lex feels he's at the forefront of human evolution.

Yarp, agreed. Some may call this panel as something which has regurgitated a thousand times but it is soo relevant

lexluthoronsuperman5.jpg

Was waiting for something like that to happen but it never arrived. Lex's motivations were entirely different
and weird

IconGrist

There's no reason Lex can't still see Superman that way. He already proved, at least to himself, that Superman is not a god. He's just a man who can do things no other man can. The "end of man's potential" as it were. There's room for growth.

Senoculum

Trump is bad and all but he's not a genocidal.

Didn't he once say, "we got nukes. Why don't we use them?"

Yeah...

Yarp, agreed. Some may call this panel as something which has regurgitated a thousand times but it is soo relevant

Was waiting for something like that to happen but it never arrived. Lex's motivations were entirely different
and weird

"Advancing human evolution" has been overdone to DEATH, in my opinion. Albert Wesker did it best in Resident Evil 5.

a916

nah, he was an awesome Lex the second, hopefully next time we see him he'll be gearing towards a presidency.

I liked him...

The ironic part of all this hate was when he got hired or even after the movie came out, people kept saying "Jesse is just doing the same thing in social network"...

Social Network Jesse is blunt, cold, and lacked empathy. I feel like if he did just do Social Network, the people who had an issue with his BvS interpretation, would not anymore.

Ashhong

Mayimbe said that the Batman movie will not be some Arkham Raid movie, so I doubt those rumors. Also, Deathstroke as two main villains? Eh....

Also also, it says the climactic fight will be similar to Avengers? PASS. Just them fighting parademons mindlessly would be boring.

It's funny because you could ask Zack Snyder himself about who's being considered for Black Manta or director choices for Shazam and he probably couldn't tell you

But these "leakers" seemingly know concept art, screenplays, casting news, slate lineups, producer politics, ....

Ninjimbo

lexluthoronsuperman5.jpg

and weird
Didn't we get that Luthor in BvS? That was the entire point of his speech at the press event. Then the helipad scene. And of course the line that pretty much spells it out..

"I don't hate the sinner. I hate the sin. And yours is existing."

guek

Banned
There's no reason Lex can't still see Superman that way. He already proved, at least to himself, that Superman is not a god. He's just a man who can do things no other man can. The "end of man's potential" as it were. There's room for growth.
Yeah, that's true, but it wasn't well portrayed in BvS, and his lack of any physicality makes it challenging to do going forward. It's possible for sure going forward but I don't think they're going down that route considering the actor they've chosen.

Loxley

Batman's entire reason for disliking and distrusting Superman in BVS is usually attributed to Luthor in the comics, isn't it? That was one of my biggest problems with Luthor in BVS. Because they gave Luthor's legitimate reasons for not loving Superman to Batman, they decided to make him this pseudo religious nutjob who never shuts up about Gods and Devils and Power and Man™.

Like I half expect Eisenberg's Luthor to host an AM radio show in his spare time that's all about how Superman is the anti-Christ and definitely takes orders from the Illuminati.

Luthor's motivations in the books are ever changing, as are the Joker's and really any comic character. BvS Lex is closer to LLMoS or All Star Lex than, say, I hate Superman for foiling my plans Lex.

This is a tangent but in BvS I wonder how Diana learned of Lex getting her photo. Did he recognize her at the party? Was she part of his plan? Or a rogue element that ended up foiling it? Cool as it is to see Wonder Woman in the fight, it's a touch random. Same with Black Panther in Civil War.

IconGrist

Batman's entire reason for disliking and distrusting Superman in BVS is usually attributed to Luthor in the comics, isn't it? That was one of my biggest problems with Luthor in BVS. Because they gave Luthor's legitimate reasons for not loving Superman to Batman, they decided to make him this pseudo religious nutjob who never shuts up about Gods and Devils and Power and Man™.

Like I half expect Eisenberg's Luthor to host an AM radio show in his spare time that's all about how Superman is the anti-Christ and definitely takes orders from the Illuminati.

Not really. Luthor believes he is the best man has to offer. He's extremely arrogant. He's a humanitarian but with ulterior motives that serve himself. His problem with Superman, normally, is that Lex was viewed as the ultimate man of the people by the public until Superman showed up and stole the spotlight. It bothers Lex that he worked his entire life to be what he is while Superman's power was merely a product of his DNA. Lex views Superman as being undeserving of the adoration. Lex can never amount to the "man in the sky".

None of that was given to Batman in BvS.

guek

Banned
This is a tangent but in BvS I wonder how Diana learned of Lex getting her photo. Did he recognize her at the party? Was she part of his plan? Or a rogue element that ended up foiling it? Cool as it is to see Wonder Woman in the fight, it's a touch random. Same with Black Panther in Civil War.
Snyder: ¯_(ツ)_/¯ That guitar riff tho

Panther got involved with the Accords because Wakanda realized Ultron used Wakandan vibranium for his doomsday weapon. Plus Wakandans died in Lagos.

Penguin

Does Lex see her at the party?

Like there seems to be no real indication either way that he knows Bruce or Diana broke into his system at the party.

And I doubt she was part of his plan since his plan was either Batman killing Superman or vice versa.

IconGrist

Does Lex see her at the party?

Like there seems to be no real indication either way that he knows Bruce or Diana broke into his system at the party.

And I doubt she was part of his plan since his plan was either Batman killing Superman or vice versa.

It was invitation only. He invited her. Then he starts going on about Zeus right in front of her.

Ahasverus

Nah Lex didn't know about the hacks. She probably did invite Diana to the party to keep an eye on her/lure her to Metropolis but that's it. She was a wildcard and kinda saved the day.

Snyder: ¯_(ツ)_/¯ That guitar riff tho

Panther got involved with the Accords because Wakanda realized Ultron used Wakandan vibranium for his doomsday weapon. Plus Wakandans died in Lagos.

What I mean is, and I'm spoiler tagging this since Civil War isn't out on home video yet,
did Zemo intend to kill T'Chaka? If so, did he know of Black Panther, when nobody else did? And his plan would've gone to shit if T'Challa killed Bucky, which nearly happened at several points. It's random but willing to look past since Black Panther is the coolest part of the movie.

Penguin

What I mean is, and I'm spoiler tagging this since Civil War isn't out on home video yet,
did Zemo intend to kill T'Chaka? If so, did he know of Black Panther, when nobody else did? And his plan would've gone to shit if T'Challa killed Bucky, which nearly happened at several points. It's random but willing to look past since Black Panther is the coolest part of the movie.

200_s.gif

guek

Banned
Ah I see

I don't think that death was planned specifically, just by the nature of the bombing. Zemo was winging a lot of his actions tbh which is why I don't think Bucky dying would have been such a bad thing for him, it would have pissed Steve off and driven a wedge between the Avengers which was his ultimate goal.

That's enough talk of the marvel cinematic shitiverse in the DCEU thread though, we can move to the MCU community thread if you want to continue :p

I mean it's not like he didn't know about other stuff that characters were somehow oblivious to in the universe. Somehow, someone who was probably 10 at the time, knows about the complete Winter Solider program and knows that they killed the Starks. Yet, Tony Stark, a weapons manufacturer, and all around genius, with deep ties to the US government and likely governments around the world knew nothing about his parents death. You know, someone who has shown he is willing to hack said agencies when he believes he's not being told the truth (Avengers).

/rant

guek

Banned
I mean it's not like he didn't know about other stuff that characters were somehow oblivious to in the universe. Somehow, someone who was probably 10 at the time, knows about the complete Winter Solider program and knows that they killed the Starks. Yet, Tony Stark, a weapons manufacturer, and all around genius, with deep ties to the US government and likely governments around the world knew nothing about his parents death. You know, someone who has shown he is willing to hack said agencies when he believes he's not being told the truth (Avengers).

/rant
-->

Lol nope

Mayimbe said that the Batman movie will not be some Arkham Raid movie, so I doubt those rumors. Also, Deathstroke as two main villains? Eh....

Also also, it says the climactic fight will be similar to Avengers? PASS. Just them fighting parademons mindlessly would be boring.

For a few minutes, yea, but Ive seen that fight at least 4 times now. Gotta switch it up.

Didn't we get that Luthor in BvS? That was the entire point of his speech at the press event. Then the helipad scene. And of course the line that pretty much spells it out..

"I don't hate the sinner. I hate the sin. And yours is existing."

No, you got.confused Lex, not black power suit Lex.

Luthor's motivations in the books are ever changing, as are the Joker's and really any comic character. BvS Lex is closer to LLMoS or All Star Lex than, say, I hate Superman for foiling my plans Lex.

Diana is invited--Luthor knows who all of them are. BP isn't random, and neither was this.

Zemo has no idea that T'Challa is the Black Panther--he just needed a piggyback killing he could pin on Bucky to draw him out. Panther basically becoming the rock for Cap is not what he planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom