• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jared Leto is about to be put on ice. Most people were already iffy on this version of the Joker and I don't think Suicide Squad truly moved the needle on that. I know I certainly wasn't a fan of heroin addicted Joker.

Also, I feel like that would be a breach of contract on his part. If he is obligated to do a certain number of films, he has to do a certain number of films unless he wants to give back the money, etc.

guek

Banned
So about the rumor that Jared is holding his reprisal of the Joker hostage to WB releasing an alternative cut of SS with his scenes, yay or nay?

bender-futurama-laughing-oh-wait-youre-serious-laugh-harder-13665020235.gif

Joker can easily be recast. It's not like Leto was recognizable under all that makeup anyway.

a916

So it's a forgone conclusion that SS passes MOS's domestic take this weekend. It's currently 28M behind MOS worldwide.

So about the rumor that Jared is holding his reprisal of the Joker hostage to WB releasing an alternative cut of SS with his scenes, yay or nay?

At this point, after BvS, they need Leto to hold them to ransom lol, they would be stupid not to release it to boost sales of the BluRay. I loved MOS and really liked the UC of BvS and I'm going to buy SS, but only because it completes the collection... I don't think I'm watching that movie again any time soon.

I'm pretty apathetic about Leto. Don't think he was terrible or great.

I think there would be as much upset about an actor switch as Norton and Ruffalo.

Ahasverus

I read on fb today that you're a weirdo who makes up shit on forums and has meltdowns every time a new movie is out to get attention. Who do I believe?
How about you as a mod use respectful language to an active member of your community?

Here is where I read it. https://www.facebook.com/BatmanContinues/photos/a.499468189271.273122.229677854271/10154107963959272/?type=3&theater

Edit: Don't seem to back it up with a source, I mean, they seem to say it's Collider but don't see it anywhere. Carry on.

VanWinkle

How about you as a mod use respectful language to an active member of your community?

Here is where I read it. https://www.facebook.com/BatmanContinues/photos/a.499468189271.273122.229677854271/10154107963959272/?type=3&theater

Edit: Don't seem to back it up with a source, I mean, they seem to say it's Collider but don't see it anywhere. Carry on.

You say we are just fans and they're just rumors, but I'd like to think we as a community are better than posting uncredited unsourced rumors and mentioning it in such a way as "So about the rumor that Jared is holding his reprisal of the Joker hostage to WB releasing an alternative cut of SS with his scenes, yay or nay?" I mean, come on, man. This isn't an editorial room, but we can and often do try to refrain from posting things with zero validity.

I go on this forum in big part because I can trust that when people say something, they did a little research on it first.

Ahasverus

I go on this forum in big part because I can trust that when people say something, they did a little research on it first.
We discuss and enjoy discussing 4chan rumors. If we only went for official info we would not have anything to talk about for weeks. The filter in on yourself.

jackdoe

You say we are just fans and they're just rumors, but I'd like to think we as a community are better than posting uncredited unsourced rumors and mentioning it in such a way as "So about the rumor that Jared is holding his reprisal of the Joker hostage to WB releasing an alternative cut of SS with his scenes, yay or nay?" I mean, come on, man. This isn't an editorial room, but we can and often do try to refrain from posting things with zero validity.

You could also just take everything he says as seriously as anything Donald Trump says.

a916

It's okay everyone...we were told we would stumble, that we we would fall...

But eventually, in time, we will join him in the sun.

You could also just take everything he says as seriously as anything Donald Trump says.

This is just stupid... now we're going chastise someone because he brought up a rumor? Are we supposed to curate what rumors we post? Even though we routinely go through those Chan4 or whatever info dumps?

Ahasverus

I'm Donald Trump now ?
You know, I seriously, seriously didn't know I was such of a trash poster in this thread and all that. I always tried to be enthusiastic and bring relevant info, and maybe have some fun along the way.

I'm profoundly sorry and apologize for any inconveniences caused.

I don't mind the speculation and 4chan rumors. They're fun to read and discuss for a little bit. I don't think anyone here takes them seriously. Most of the time when someone finds a rumor that might have credibility, a tweet or something is linked.

a916

I don't mind the speculation and 4chan rumors. They're fun to read and discuss for a little bit. I don't think anyone here takes them seriously. Most of the time when someone finds a rumor that might have credibility, a tweet or something is linked.

Bingo. If you don't see "Hollywood Reporter" or Zach Snyder said this... you take everything you hear with a grain of salt. Especially if a source isn't listed lol...

Maaaaan y'all ganging up on Ahasverus pretty hard. It's okay dude, I like ya just fine, tendency to panic and all. Every community needs its Diablos.

jackdoe

This is just stupid... now we're going chastise someone because he brought up a rumor? Are we supposed to curate what rumors we post? Even though we routinely go through those Chan4 or whatever info dumps?
I'm not chastising him. I'm just saying that you shouldn't believe any rumor he brings without a source (which is pretty much every rumor he brings), much like how you should treat anything Donald Tump says.

Ahasverus

I'm not chastising him. I'm just saying that you shouldn't believe any rumor he brings without a source (which is pretty much every rumor he brings), much like how you should treat anything Donald Tump says.
.. Citation needed? I'd really like to see some examples. If that happens it's possible that I assume the source is widely available. I'm too busy IRL to end up making up stuff all day you know.

If It's needed that I cite more or whatever, I will, but dude, you're seriously comparing me to Donald Trump, i'm like, what am I doing with my life.

You should pretty much not believe any rumor posted regardless of who posts it or if a link is provided unless it's coming from the trades. I don't know why we have to single him out over it.

jackdoe

.. Citation needed? I'd really like to see some examples. If that happens it's possible that I assume the source is widely available. I'm too busy IRL to end up making up stuff all day you know.

If It's needed that I cite more or whatever, I will, but dude, you're seriously comparing me to Donald Trump, i'm like, what am I doing with my life.
Haha. Don't take it too personally. I meant it as a lighthearted jab.

IconGrist

You should pretty much not believe any rumor posted regardless of who posts it or if a link is provided unless it's coming from the trades. I don't know why we have to single him out over it.

Yea, I routinely bring up rumors here without ever linking shit. I just get down like that.

Only post rumors from reliably unreliable sources, such as Eh Maybe.

You leave the Apex Scoop Hunter alone dammit!

He's got some renewed credibility since joining the Wrap. However, only trust the shit he posts on their site. I noticed he's still willing to shotgun bullshit on his twitter, periscope, and wherever else he shows up like Collider.

New Justice League synopsis from 4chan:
-It starts with some of the heroes in their respective cities taking down criminals, except for Diana who is back in Thermiscyra. This is the credits sequence like the one in Batman v Superman. Quite like the Watchmen opening montage.
-Batman takes down Two Face, who is trying to rob a bank. He also has an emotional scene with him where he attempts to appeal to his Harvey Dent side, but it doesn't work, so he knocks him out and leaves him there for the cops. Flash takes down Golden Glider in Central City. Aquaman is swimming through a storm, which seems like the village in the trailer. Cyborg is having some sort of altercation with his father.
-Bruce gets in touch with Diana, and attempts to bring together this team, and after some reluctance from Aquaman and Cyborg, they all come together right after the invasion by Steppenwolf and the parademons.
-They take the fight to him and his army by luring them to Corto Maltese, but the army overwhelms them and they have to retreat.
-Bruce approaches his old friend John Constantine (played by Colin Farrel) because he wants to bring Superman to life.
-They dig up his grave and perform a ritual, which revives him, but he is visibly weak, has long hair, and a beard..
-Bruce gives him a new black suit since the old one was damaged. He also makes a joke about how he doesn't keep materials around for blue and red suits.
-Round 2: The League takes on Steppenwolf and his army again, and Superman, even though visibly weak, is able to turn the tide, as he grows stronger with each passing minute under the sun.
-The League defeats the entire army and Steppenwolf is down and defeated. Superman walks up to him and grabs him in a choke-hold.
-Steppenwolf says to him, "You would kill me just like you killed one of your own kind?"
-Superman breaks his neck. He looks down on his corpse as he smirks and whispers, "Tell that to Zod's snapped neck".

3cZW3fG.jpg

jackdoe

You leave the Apex Scoop Hunter alone dammit!

He's got some renewed credibility since joining the Wrap. However, only trust the shit he posts on their site. I noticed he's still willing to shotgun bullshit on his twitter, periscope, and wherever else he shows up like Collider.
Has El Mayimbe ever played telephone with unsubstantiated rumors like other enthusiast blogs (like Slashfilm)? I don't ever recall him doing that, which automatically makes him a step above those sites, even if he spouts falsities.

guek

Banned
I'm Donald Trump now ?
You know, I seriously, seriously didn't know I was such of a trash poster in this thread and all that. I always tried to be enthusiastic and bring relevant info, and maybe have some fun along the way.

It's ok, man. C'mere

iRjB2mfESqgec.gif

I'm Donald Trump now ?

don't worry Aha, you have my axe.

-It starts with some of the heroes in their respective cities taking down criminals, except for Diana who is back in Thermiscyra. This is the credits sequence like the one in Batman v Superman. Quite like the Watchmen opening montage.
-Batman takes down Two Face, who is trying to rob a bank. He also has an emotional scene with him where he attempts to appeal to his Harvey Dent side, but it doesn't work, so he knocks him out and leaves him there for the cops. Flash takes down Golden Glider in Central City. Aquaman is swimming through a storm, which seems like the village in the trailer. Cyborg is having some sort of altercation with his father.
-Bruce gets in touch with Diana, and attempts to bring together this team, and after some reluctance from Aquaman and Cyborg, they all come together right after the invasion by Steppenwolf and the parademons.
-They take a fight to him and his army by luring them to Corto Maltese, but the army overwhelms them and they have to retreat.
-Bruce approaches his old friend John Constantine (played by Colin Farrel) because he wants to bring Superman to life.
-They dig up his grave and perform a ritual, which revives him, but he is visibly weak, has long hair, and a beard..
-Bruce gives him a new black suit since the old one was damaged. He also makes a joke about how he doesn't keep material around for blue and red suits.
-Round 2: The League takes on Steppenwolf and his army again, and Superman, even though visibly weak, is able to turn the tide, as he grows stronger with each passing minute under the sun.
-The League defeats the entire army and Steppenwolf is down and defeated. Superman walks up to him and grabs him in a choke-hold.
-Steppenwolf says to him, "You would kill me just like you killed one of your own kind?"
-Superman breaks his neck. He looks down on his corpse as he smirks and whispers, "Tell that to Zod's snapped neck".

3cZW3fG.jpg

you didn't double check these sources, you're worse than Hitler and Trump's love child.
Damn
Collin Farrell would make an awesome Constantine.

Has El Mayimbe ever played telephone with unsubstantiated rumors like other enthusiast blogs (like Slashfilm)? I don't ever recall him doing that, which automatically makes him a step above those sites, even if he spouts falsities.

They all play a game of telephone with these rumors. Mayimbe has said some pretty stupid shit over the years. At one point, his track record was downright laughable. IIRC it got to a point where he tried to imply studios were changing projects just to spite him and his scoops.

He seems like an alright guy, but he spews a ton of bullshit like the rest. At this point, whatever he posts on The Wrap has credibility, but like I said, he still spouts a ton of bullshit on his periscopes.

Penguin

-They take a fight to him and his army by luring them to Corto Maltese, but the army overwhelms them and they have to retreat.
-Bruce gives him a new black suit since the old one was damaged. He also makes a joke about how he doesn't keep material around for blue and red suits.

3cZW3fG.jpg
Oh man this sounds awesome
Nov 2017 can't come soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom