• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

What are your thoughts on a possible joint Marvel/DC Community thread where fans of both can talk freely and openly about both company's output in movies, tv, games, comics, etc

tim1138

What are your thoughts on a possible joint Marvel/DC Community thread where fans of both can talk freely and openly about both company's output in movies, tv, games, comics, etc

I give it 15 posts before it turns into a fanboy pissing contest over box office hauls and RT scores.

guek

Banned
I think that'd spell the end for the individual threads and too much infighting.

We can dream of GAF CBM peace but we're not there yet ;_;

IconGrist

I'm down but some on both sides can be a bit hostile. Not naming any names but hopefully they just refrain from participating.

You'd think a thread like that would be the dawn of justice but eventually it would result in civil war and become a dark world.

Ahasverus

Nah. People in both camps are already divided and the few who aren't already participate in both threads.

That's why I left the discord chat, these are my people, while many of them have grinded my gears, I'm not gonna put a facade, I don't want anything to do with them beyond the necessary politeness.

Tabby

Nah. People in both camps are already divided and the few who aren't already participate in both threads.

That's why I left the discord chat, these are my people, while many of them have grinded my gears, I'm not gonna put a facade, I don't want anything to do with them beyond the necessary politeness.

Discord chat is chill though. Join us we miss you.

IconGrist

But... like.... 90% of these people are in the discord chat more often than not.

Quick--name a good Superman game
See?

Now name a good Batman game.
Boy, I wonder if Bats will have something announced.

Injustice 2 looks nice.

Death of Superman

Anyways, that's a bit unfair since there wasn't a good Batman game until Arkham.

I jump between this and the Marvel thread as is. Although that thread tends to be news and this has that and shooting the breeze. Comic thread is a mix of everything so that's cool too.

And I read the responses to my Civil War post. Want to acknowledge without quoting them all and say fair enough! Again, for both it and WW it's a nitpick because in the end I liked what those characters brought in the end.

Ahasverus

Discord chat is chill though. Join us we miss you.
Some of those people have called me dumb and mentally challenged for liking BvS and more opinions. I love you guys and miss u, and will probably pass one day to say hi, but please understand I might not be super comfortable with some around.

IconGrist

Some of those people have called me dumb and mentally challenged for liking BvS and more opinions. I love you guys and miss u, and will probably pass one day to say hi, but please understand I might not be super comfortable with some around.

Well, as one of the mods you PM me who it was that acted that way and they get kicked right now.

strafer

Don't let those idiots get you down, I get called names on a daily basis and I've learned not to give a fuck.

#BvSForLife

Tabby

We're organised and have mods now. None of that is going to happen again.

Yager

Banned

We're a bunch of people with apparently awful taste, don't let some dickhead stop you from enjoying the chat :/

Not mods, we've got Snyders, FUCKING SNYDERS.

Ahasverus

Well, as one of the mods you PM me who it was that acted that way and they get kicked right now.

Don't let those idiots get you down, I get called names on a daily basis and I've learned not to give a fuck.

#BvSForLife

We're a bunch of people with apparently awful taste, don't let some dickhead stop you from enjoying the chat :/

Not mods, we've got Snyders, FUCKING SNYDERS.
I feel like Superman and you guys are Lois comforting me after the bombing <3 (lol) Fuck it, I'm in!

Yager

Banned
I feel like Superman and you guys are Lois comforting me after the bombing <3 (lol) Fuck it, I'm in!

giphy.gif

Ninjimbo

Eh, not a good idea. The discussion would turn to piss really fast.

Bleepey

Luthor's motivations in the books are ever changing, as are the Joker's and really any comic character. BvS Lex is closer to LLMoS or All Star Lex than, say, I hate Superman for foiling my plans Lex.

This is a tangent but in BvS I wonder how Diana learned of Lex getting her photo. Did he recognize her at the party? Was she part of his plan? Or a rogue element that ended up foiling it? Cool as it is to see Wonder Woman in the fight, it's a touch random. Same with Black Panther in Civil War.

The party was invitation only hence why Diana, Bruce and Clark were there. I saw the scene and this scene as an opportunity to talk shit to all parties (Bruce, Clark and Diana) to their face

Bleepey

You should know better than do that. Thor 2 will get thrown around like it's a four letter word.

So long as it doesn't replace this thread. I kind of use this thread for all things DC, there really isn't anything else on GAF like it except the Rebirth thread.

But... like.... 90% of these people are in the discord chat more often than not.

Death of Superman

Anyways, that's a bit unfair since there wasn't a good Batman game until Arkham.

The Adventures of Batman and Robin, Batman, Batman Revenge of the Joker all say hi.

And the Arkhams.

a916

That would be cool if it doesn't become a fan boy flame war thread.

You think you've seen those Chris Evans BVS meme enough? Please... anytime that movie brought up for discussion you incessantly get everyone just quoting the same GIF over and over going /dead.

More like Bore 2 amirite.

I've never seen any of the Thor movies.

They get a lot of hate, they're ok but they don't do the character justice at all.

I'm just starting to get into Marvel comics and I'm surprised the fans are so chill with the movies take on some things. Most of the other characters are fine but Thor & his mythos is like completely different. Dr. Strange looks like it might get the same treatment.

Ahasverus

Zod and Faora were great but the rest of the DCEU villains have all been misfires
I'd argue only Enchantress has been a bad villain, Lex was extremely effective on his actions and his characterization was good enough to make sense inside the movie. Doomsday is not a character, he's a weapon.

I liked him...

The ironic part of all this hate was when he got hired or even after the movie came out, people kept saying "Jesse is just doing the same thing in social network"...

Social Network Jesse is blunt, cold, and lacked empathy. I feel like if he did just do Social Network, the people who had an issue with his BvS interpretation, would not anymore.

So much this.

This scene alone is pretty much perfect for the silicon valley interpretation of Lex.

The ego, the condescension, the ability to act like the smartest person in the room by a country mile. It's great stuff. If they go more in this direction in the future, Eisenburg can be salvaged. He also needs to be in SS2.

Ahasverus

So about the rumor that Jared is holding his reprisal of the Joker hostage to WB releasing an alternative cut of SS with his scenes, yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom