• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
leto's joker actually really shined for me in the club scene. it's how i imagine a Walton Goggins joker would have played out. the rest i can take or leave, nothing special enough befitting the GAWD villain.

i worry he'll be a dick and be apathetic for his next performance as the character though because of the cuts to SS, you really can't half ass the joker.

tim1138

New Justice League synopsis from 4chan:
-It starts with some of the heroes in their respective cities taking down criminals, except for Diana who is back in Thermiscyra. This is the credits sequence like the one in Batman v Superman. Quite like the Watchmen opening montage.
-Batman takes down Two Face, who is trying to rob a bank. He also has an emotional scene with him where he attempts to appeal to his Harvey Dent side, but it doesn't work, so he knocks him out and leaves him there for the cops. Flash takes down Golden Glider in Central City. Aquaman is swimming through a storm, which seems like the village in the trailer. Cyborg is having some sort of altercation with his father.
-Bruce gets in touch with Diana, and attempts to bring together this team, and after some reluctance from Aquaman and Cyborg, they all come together right after the invasion by Steppenwolf and the parademons.
-They take a fight to him and his army by luring them to Corto Maltese, but the army overwhelms them and they have to retreat.
-Bruce approaches his old friend John Constantine (played by Colin Farrel) because he wants to bring Superman to life.
-They dig up his grave and perform a ritual, which revives him, but he is visibly weak, has long hair, and a beard..
-Bruce gives him a new black suit since the old one was damaged. He also makes a joke about how he doesn't keep material around for blue and red suits.
-Round 2: The League takes on Steppenwolf and his army again, and Superman, even though visibly weak, is able to turn the tide, as he grows stronger with each passing minute under the sun.
-The League defeats the entire army and Steppenwolf is down and defeated. Superman walks up to him and grabs him in a choke-hold.
-Steppenwolf says to him, "You would kill me just like you killed one of your own kind?"
-Superman breaks his neck. He looks down on his corpse as he smirks and whispers, "Tell that to Zod's snapped neck".

3cZW3fG.jpg

I lost it at the last line. Simply amazing

J_Viper

lit's how i imagine a Walton Goggins joker

Holy fuck I never knew I wanted this. He'd be a southern fried Joker, but that could've have been entertaining in it's own right

Wait what if Rick Flagg was played by Tim Olyphant? What if Suicide Squad was actually Justified Season 7?

Goggins wouldn't have been the sexy pick for Joker, but I think he would have knocked it out of the park.

I think he would have been better than Leto.

BBPIrOR.gif

Goggins Joker could've been amazing. But so can Leto's. Replace the two in Suicide Squad and it'd still be wasted potential. Our hopes and dreams travel with Affleck.

Wait what if Rick Flagg was played by Tim Olyphant? What if Suicide Squad was actually Justified Season 7?

I want Olyphant as Deathstroke or Hal Jordan. And Danny McBride as Guy Gardner.

Ninjimbo

-It starts with some of the heroes in their respective cities taking down criminals, except for Diana who is back in Thermiscyra. This is the credits sequence like the one in Batman v Superman. Quite like the Watchmen opening montage.
-Batman takes down Two Face, who is trying to rob a bank. He also has an emotional scene with him where he attempts to appeal to his Harvey Dent side, but it doesn't work, so he knocks him out and leaves him there for the cops. Flash takes down Golden Glider in Central City. Aquaman is swimming through a storm, which seems like the village in the trailer. Cyborg is having some sort of altercation with his father.
-Bruce gets in touch with Diana, and attempts to bring together this team, and after some reluctance from Aquaman and Cyborg, they all come together right after the invasion by Steppenwolf and the parademons.
-They take a fight to him and his army by luring them to Corto Maltese, but the army overwhelms them and they have to retreat.
-Bruce approaches his old friend John Constantine (played by Colin Farrel) because he wants to bring Superman to life.
-They dig up his grave and perform a ritual, which revives him, but he is visibly weak, has long hair, and a beard..
-Bruce gives him a new black suit since the old one was damaged. He also makes a joke about how he doesn't keep material around for blue and red suits.
-Round 2: The League takes on Steppenwolf and his army again, and Superman, even though visibly weak, is able to turn the tide, as he grows stronger with each passing minute under the sun.
-The League defeats the entire army and Steppenwolf is down and defeated. Superman walks up to him and grabs him in a choke-hold.
-Steppenwolf says to him, "You would kill me just like you killed one of your own kind?"
-Superman breaks his neck. He looks down on his corpse as he smirks and whispers, "Tell that to Zod's snapped neck".

3cZW3fG.jpg
Fuck that ending lol

I didn't see that one coming at all

3cZW3fG.jpg

Boy if that last line is true, it's going to be even more controversial than
him snapping Zods neck.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
What do you guys think about this new rumoured DC schedule?
-No cyborg movie.
-Batman movie with joker + HQ in 2018.
-Superman movie instead of cyborg.

Oh and also on HBO:
-Bird of Prey.
-The Question.

There's a lot more.

-No cyborg movie.

Oh and also on HBO:
-Bird of Prey.
-The Question.

There's a lot more.

If it were true, I have no strong feelings about cyborg since I've only ever seen him in a not-very-memorable justice league animated movie. They definitely need a Batman flick to hit a home run asap.

Birds of Prey and the Question on HBO would be fantastic but like, HBO getting into DC superhero stuff seems really unlikely.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I thought so too. But Netflix is doing well with the Marvel shows. They also recently announced a few new shows.
So maybe HBO would want to have their own slate of superhero shows, granted it would really only be worthwhile for them if the DC cinematic universe was already successful, unless they straight up put Batman in one of those shows' episodes to make up for it.

I also remember a Watchmen HBO show was being floated around at some point.

Apparently, DC also wants to do a thing where they have animated movies fill in the blanks for what characters are up to between movies? That could be neat.

Oh yea, I don't care about cyborg. In fact, I am glad there is no cyborg movie coming.

Is Cryborg really a big deal? Or any sort of deal?

he's best with the Titans. when Geoff Johns was writing the Teen Titans he had the perfect role of mentor, being a teen hero before. they need to stop making him happen, he ain't gonna happen. Just like Marvel and Captain Marvel, pushing what basically amounts to a background character.

shingi70

Banned
he's best with the Titans. when Geoff Johns was writing the Teen Titans he had the perfect role of mentor, being a teen hero before. they need to stop making him happen, he ain't gonna happen. Just like Marvel and Captain Marvel, pushing what basically amounts to a background character.

He's already happened friend, most younger kids who like capes know who Cyborg is and can Identify him with both the Titans and the league.

Tbh I don't really want an HBO BoP or Question show. They'd probably be good, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of dealing with the requisite levels of tits n' gore that comes with HBO.

BadAss2961

Jared Leto needs a chance. This wasn't an opportunity, it was a farce.

Was rigged from the beginning. Was the Damaged thing Jared's idea?
He got just about the amount of exposure that was initially expected. Squad isn't his story, so the consensus was that this movie was merely going to introduce him to the universe. But everyone's flipped now because there was apparently enough for a Joker film for some reason.

The removed scenes we know of with him and Harley are needed, but not much more.

Tabby

-No cyborg movie.

Oh and also on HBO:
-Bird of Prey.
-The Question.

There's a lot more.
I like how these rumours always have no Cyborg.

Busty

Banned
-No cyborg movie.

I'm sure that Warners/DC are going to 'cancel' the film for the only African American character on their slate nearly four years before the thing is supposed to be released. They'll wait and see how the character is received after Justice League and The Flash and then gauge the audience reaction.

Oh and also on HBO:
-Bird of Prey.
-The Question.

If HBO ever make a series based off a DC publication (and I think they will at some point) it will be a Vertigo comic, not a DC superhero.

While Watchmen has been rumoured I think that something like Fables or even DMZ would be more likely.

There's a lot more.

Could you link them please?

EDIT - It's cool, I found them. Unsurprisingly they are total and utter nonsense. Releasing a Batman film on the 5th of October? WB waiting 4 or 5 years before releasing a sequel to Suicide Squad? No, just no.

guek

Banned
He got just about the amount of exposure that was initially expected. Squad isn't his story, so the consensus was that this movie was merely going to introduce him to the universe. But everyone's flipped now because there was apparently enough for a Joker film for some reason.

The removed scenes we know of with him and Harley are needed, but not much more.

You can't really say what cuts should or shouldn't have been in the movie when you have no idea what was filmed.

Leto's obviously pissed but whether it's for good reason or not, we don't know, it's only one side of the story. AFAIK, neither Ayer or any of the producers have come out in defense of the Joker cuts.

That HBO bit gave it away that it's utter bullshit. I don't see that happening.

The whole thing was posted a couple pages back. When you get an info dump that contains information for every project on the slate and then starts talking about more movies plus TV, you know it's 100% bullshit. Nobody has that much access to that kind of information except a select few at WB.

Penguin

That HBO bit gave it away that it's utter bullshit. I don't see that happening.

Well I wouldn't be surprised if trying to work on something together

I mean they have in the past Watchmen/Sandman were both HBO projects, and of course they are both owned by Time Warner

There is a stranger who comes to this forum from 4chan. He comes during the information drought when people are thirsty, he brings leaks. He comes on the hype train. That was last night.

MisterHero

Suicide Squad question: Did Waller really shoot her own agents? I was with the movie until that part. Deadshot's arrest with Batman was great; I'm hankering for a Batman movie full of compassionate moments. :p

Suicide Squad question: Did Waller really shoot her own agents? I was with the movie until that part. Deadshot's arrest with Batman was great; I'm hankering for a Batman movie full of compassionate moments. :p
That's Waller for you. She's a good guy with extreme ways of handling situations and she doesn't want word to get out of her screw-up so she kills her average co-workers to keep that quiet.

Ahasverus

She totally did. I actually have a problem with Bruce being in goof terms with her after that.

MisterHero

That's Waller for you. She's a good guy with extreme ways of handling situations and she doesn't want word to get out of her screw-up so she kills her average co-workers to keep that quiet.

She totally did. I actually have a problem with Bruce being in goof terms with her after that.
Yeah that's a shame, I really wanted them to be ultimately anti-heroish... that one moment made me want to be extremely harsh on SS. But then again I haven't read Suicide Squad books, maybe that's just who she is.

Funny enough SS has a few things I liked, Waller's character just came off a little extreme for me.

+Joker and Harley romance. A step up from the usual abuse victim in prior media
+The Batman cameos. Though I'd like to see how normal heroes operate besides using guns!
+Croc's makeup.
+The anti-heroes were all pretty charismatic.

-They should've tried a more focused storyline that doesn't involve fighting Putty Patrollers (it's a superhero trope; so SS is hardly alone in that.). Throw a team against another team and not one bad guy. Maybe they're waiting on Justice League 2 or 3 though. :p

Penguin

More characters needed to do something like this

Like I think Boomerang turns on his own team in his intro, and he gets Slipknot to be his test pig, but really these are supposed to be awful people doing awful things and they were all kind of just misunderstood.

Sans Waller.

MisterHero

More characters needed to do something like this

Like I think Boomerang turns on his own team in his intro, and he gets Slipknot to be his test pig, but really these are supposed to be awful people doing awful things and they were all kind of just misunderstood.

Sans Waller.
The PG13 tone for the movie probably held it back tons. WB isn't going to do a rated R movies with Batman and Joker. Not in the shared universe anyways.

Sorry about all the posts. I just finally got around to reacting to the movie.

Bleepey

The thing about SS compared to BVS is that in BVS the plot mostly holds up to scrutiny. SS whilst I enjoyed it the plot is kinda silly. There should have been no need in the case of a world ending disaster to send the SS. Sending in the SS makes it seem like the govt didn't truly give a shit and I suppose you could argue those special forces lot are the gov't cover when it comes to explaining what they did or didn't do, it's just the SS should be doing black ops missions not world saving scenarios.

Penguin

The PG13 tone for the movie probably held it back tons. WB isn't going to do a rated R movies with Batman and Joker. Not in the shared universe anyways.

Sorry about all the posts. I just finally got around to reacting to the movie.

I still don't think it needs to be PG-13, but more instances of them trying to turn on each other or run away from battle or not fight.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Well I wouldn't be surprised if trying to work on something together

I mean they have in the past Watchmen/Sandman were both HBO projects, and of course they are both owned by Time Warner

Come to think of it, wasn't it announced a while back that Watchmen will be adapted for HBO?!

Penguin

I mentioned I went to Warner Bros a few weeks ago and finally getting around to posting pics on my FB so figured share some of the stuff here (and posted my Batman video ages ago)

The Batman room which has like all live-action Batmobiles up through TDKR and some gadgets and costumes

14237600_896732085049_9088513121539519103_n.jpg

The DC Room which had BvS and Suicide Squad costumes up. Corner for the Arkham games
14237600_896732998219_6748283067842800814_n.jpg

Storyboarding for Batman TAS
14192674_896734540129_4256298666932218006_n.jpg

I'll post others later possibly.

Cyborg is only a big deal because he is black, and can fill any hero teams diversity quota. I hate the fact that Cyborg is repeatedly the token black guy in DC media time and again.

onipex

The thing about SS compared to BVS is that in BVS the plot mostly holds up to scrutiny. SS whilst I enjoyed it the plot is kinda silly. There should have been no need in the case of a world ending disaster to send the SS. Sending in the SS makes it seem like the govt didn't truly give a shit and I suppose you could argue those special forces lot are the gov't cover when it comes to explaining what they did or didn't do, it's just the SS should be doing black ops missions not world saving scenarios.

I know people who keep making this argument and I don't get it. The squad was sent in to evacuate a VIP and not to save the world. Saving the world just kind of happened. I get that them taking on that villain didn't fully make sense but most of these comic book movie endings make sense if you want to nitpick them. In some of these movies it comes down to luck.

Kibbles

Jared Leto is about to be put on ice. Most people were already iffy on this version of the Joker and I don't think Suicide Squad truly moved the needle on that. I know I certainly wasn't a fan of heroin addicted Joker.

Also, I feel like that would be a breach of contract on his part. If he is obligated to do a certain number of films, he has to do a certain number of films unless he wants to give back the money, etc.

lol that rumor isn't true in the slightest. Why y'all so gullible? Jared has constantly talked about how it was such an honor to play the character and he'd love to come back if they asked. That's just fans playing up his disappointment in cut scenes and creating their own fiction. Jared doesn't care that much, he films his stuff and moves on from his projects. I'm sure he hopes people will get to see what he worked on but holding WB ransom? lol complete fanfiction drivel. Also why are people still on about the "fuck em" thing, anyone even watch the video? He was asked by a fan if WB had anything in his contract stipulations against him rock climbing and he laughed and said fuck em. It was tounge in cheek and was just about stipulations against activities he engages in lol, he was filming the "Great Wide Open" series about rock climbing at the time anyway.

I thought the other day what if WB did a se7en style batman film with riddler, and he left riddles to his victims and batman had to solve it. no capeshit, just a detective movie.

But WB would never make a R rated cape film.

Is Cryborg really a big deal? Or any sort of deal?

Not really, but neither were any of the avengers or GOTG before their movie hit. Pretty much anything that wasn't Spiderman or X-men were no names for mainstream marvel. There's a hate train on cyborg on gaf, but really just takes a talented director to make it work.

I like the character but it's not like he has had any outstanding solo runs. Same deal for Mr. Terrific or Black Lightning, two characters who people want to replace cyborg.

Bleepey

I know people who keep making this argument and I don't get it. The squad was sent in to evacuate a VIP and not to save the world. Saving the world just kind of happened. I get that them taking on that villain didn't fully make sense but most of these comic book movie endings make sense if you want to nitpick them. In some of these movies it comes down to luck.

You know what you got a point there.

Not really, but neither were any of the avengers or GOTG before their movie hit. Pretty much anything that wasn't Spiderman or X-men were no names for mainstream marvel. There's a hate train on cyborg on gaf, but really just takes a talented director to make it work.

I like the character but it's not like he has had any outstanding solo runs. Same deal for Mr. Terrific or Black Lightning, two characters who people want to replace cyborg.

I was asking, because as an outsider, he seems like such a generic gimmick character from the 80s. Like, he's a cyborg, big whoop. But I literally don't know anything about him and his character, hence the question.

strafer

I mentioned I went to Warner Bros a few weeks ago and finally getting around to posting pics on my FB so figured share some of the stuff here (and posted my Batman video ages ago)

The Batman room which has like all live-action Batmobiles up through TDKR and some gadgets and costumes

14237600_896732085049_9088513121539519103_n.jpg

The DC Room which had BvS and Suicide Squad costumes up. Corner for the Arkham games
14237600_896732998219_6748283067842800814_n.jpg

Storyboarding for Batman TAS
14192674_896734540129_4256298666932218006_n.jpg

I'll post others later possibly.

Wow. Did you talk to anyone famous?

BadAss2961

I thought the other day what if WB did a se7en style batman film with riddler, and he left riddles to his victims and batman had to solve it. no capeshit, just a detective movie.

But WB would never make a R rated cape film.
Well, they did release the Ultimate Cut. He probably wouldn't, but if Affleck really pushed the idea of an R rated Batman movie, they might let him do it.

The Se7en thing has been brought up before. And yeah... It's a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom