• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Interview/comments on Wonder Woman

“‘Wonder Woman’ is very different in tone and style than ‘Batman v Superman’ and ‘Suicide Squad,'” said Deborah Snyder, a producer on all of the films. “We pick directors who have their own points of view, so that each of our films will have their own personality.”

“There’s a misconception that DC or [parent studio] Warner Bros. has made a conscious decision for all our movies to be darker or edgier,” said Diane Nelson, president of DC Entertainment and resident of Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “That’s not the case. Fans of the DC universe know that there are characters, like Batman, who are darker, but there are others like Wonder Woman, who are hopeful, optimistic leaders, and the tone of this film represents that.”

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wonder-woman-patty-jenkins-batman-v-superman-1201886920/

Raptor

he's been battle hardened by Gigli. all this shit is a cakewalk for him, especially since BvS ended up being a big hit anyways. this likely won't flop either.

anyways if there's any justice his brother aka best affleck will be racking up all the awards for Manchester by the Sea, incredible performance. Ben needs to cast him again.

And Jersey Girl directed by his pal Kevin Smith.

duckroll

Interview/comments on Wonder Woman

but there are others like Wonder Woman, who are hopeful, optimistic leaders, and the tone of this film represents that.”

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wonder-woman-patty-jenkins-batman-v-superman-1201886920/

But...

vKilMru.jpg

Ross61

Didn't he write the Wonder Woman screenplay? Lol.

At the time that he wrote that, he didn't really get Wonder Woman. By the time he wrote Darkseid War, he got her entirely. And the time he was writing DW plausibly coincides with the time he was editing WW screenplay.

Didn't he write the Wonder Woman screenplay? Lol.

Honestly I have no idea how Johns involvement will improve things. I mean it will for sure be more comic book-y, but his characterizations bother me sometimes. At least ass hole Bats works in this interpretation, so no isues there.

Penguin

That Mara thread is just... holy shit.

Remove the holy and right there with ya!

We need a more all-purpose DC thread since their entities aren't as intertwined as Marvel's but this is just a rumor that I REALLY REALLY want to be true!

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-wonder-woman-77/

You see, an anonymous source close to We Got This Covered was handed a survey and one of the questions included was in regards to certain animated films moviegoers may be interested in seeing. Hey, if you can get Adam West and Burt Ward to return as Batman and Robin, why stop there, right?

The first possible film we’ll disclose to you is the one that may cause most excitement in the geek community: Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Last fall, DC and IDW teamed up for an unprecedented crossover involving The Dark Knight and Heroes in a Half-Shall that was nothing short of perfection.

Dcube

Loving the Atlantean art design. I really hope we get some cool shots of Atlantis to hype us for the Aquaman movie. Why's it still gotta be so far off.

Kibbles

tumblr_oezxztPl781shxv8yo2_540.jpg

tumblr_oezxztPl781shxv8yo1_1280.jpg

Wow holy shit SS getting a Extended Cut. Thought for sure it wasn't happening. I'm pretty excited for this. I enjoyed the movie but thought it could have been something greater. Hopefully this is it.

It's a shame it's only an extended cut and not director's cut tbh. The original film played out differently, I assume the 13min is just additional footage they shot added in and extended scenes. It's still nice, because stuff like the Griggs torture scene and flashbacks needed it, but it's clear they reshot scenes and totally changed them. Joker grenade scene will likely still not be in since it doesn't fit anymore. You can tell the heli scenes were fucked with too because you can see when Joker's wearing a wig from reshoots vs the early promo stills of that scene where he is in an argument with Harley. Same with the Monster T death scene, in promo stills Jared has a different haircut and is begging at his feet, book says Monster T kills himself, in the final movie you have Joker killing him. Hope we still get to see some of that cut stuff in the behind the scenes featurettes. I think the extended cut will be fun for us who enjoyed the movie, just don't think it'll change anyone's minds.

Oh Jaret, you tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter.

Yeah in the beginning I though it was cool he was getting in so deep with the character, but it reached the point to being obnoxious and off putting. We get it, you're xXxDAMAGEDxXx, ease up a bit.

Kibbles

Yeah in the beginning I though it was cool he was getting in so deep with the character, but it reached the point to being obnoxious and off putting. We get it, you're xXxDAMAGEDxXx, ease up a bit.

Eh I think that's mainly the media hype around it and constantly asking everyone working on the film about him on set.I don't think it's his fault it got to an obnoxious level. He seemed kinda pissed about it in the later interviews. It's such an iconic role that I think from him to whoever else plays the Joker in the future, the media will always be dying to hear how that went on set and their co-actors thoughts on him. It happened with Heath even too. It got pushed so much that he locked himself away in his hotel room and so much media speculation that his death may have been attributed to his role as the Joker ,it was pretty ridiculous.

Eh I think that's mainly the media hype around it and constantly asking everyone working on the film about him on set.I don't think it's his fault it got to an obnoxious level. He seemed kinda pissed about it in the later interviews. It's such an iconic role that I think from him to whoever else plays the Joker in the future, the media will always be dying to hear how that went on set and their co-actors thoughts on him. It happened with Heath even too. It got pushed so much that he locked himself away in his hotel room and so much media speculation that his death may have been attributed to his role as the Joker ,it was pretty ridiculous.

However, with Heath at least people tried to debunk that shit by saying he rode his skateboard in between takes, talked to people, and was always there because he was interested in the process of directing.

Suicide Squad was just "OMFG! Leto was crazy!" from everyone involved.

You reap what you sow.

However, with Heath at least people tried to debunk that shit by saying he rode his skateboard in between takes, talked to people, and was always there because he was interested in the process of directing.

You reap what you sow.

This. Heath knew when to turn it off on set, and still did a masterful job.

a916

You reap what you sow.

Everything about this comment I strongly disagree with. This thing is a non issue if Ledger stayed in character or Leto didn't.. the performance is the performance. Daniel Day Lewis does character acting, is that too "try hard" too?

Everything about this comment I strongly disagree with. This thing is a non issue if Ledger stayed in character or Leto didn't.. the performance is the performance. Daniel Day Lewis does character acting, is that too "try hard" too?

Maybe the cast and crew shouldn't talk about it all the time when the performance was mediocre at best? No one goes after DDL because he doesn't appear obnoxious about it and actually delivers. Leto only delivered if you're cool with Joker looking like he's strung out on heroin.

It's a shame it's only an extended cut and not director's cut tbh. The original film played out differently, I assume the 13min is just additional footage they shot added in and extended scenes. It's still nice, because stuff like the Griggs torture scene and flashbacks needed it, but it's clear they reshot scenes and totally changed them. Joker grenade scene will likely still not be in since it doesn't fit anymore. You can tell the heli scenes were fucked with too because you can see when Joker's wearing a wig from reshoots vs the early promo stills of that scene where he is in an argument with Harley. Same with the Monster T death scene, in promo stills Jared has a different haircut and is begging at his feet, book says Monster T kills himself, in the final movie you have Joker killing him. Hope we still get to see some of that cut stuff in the behind the scenes featurettes. I think the extended cut will be fun for us who enjoyed the movie, just don't think it'll change anyone's minds.

Yea upon further consideration I don't really think its going to be as big a change to the film as the Ultimate Cut was for BvS. Probably going to be inconsequential. I was a little hyped up from the surprise announcement. I also do wish WB would stop pulling this extended cut shit, just release the full movie in the theatres.

Ninjimbo

If that was WW she will straight up dont stop that bullet lmao.

Gotta love her.
It's funny how we have all this PR about Wonder Woman being a caring person with a good heart, yet she has this reputation among people where she's kind of ruthless when the situation calls for it.

I'm really interested in how the movie is going to portray her. Like it or not, this movie is going to define the character for a lot of people.

shingi70

Banned
It's funny how we have all this PR about Wonder Woman being a caring person with a good heart, yet she has this reputation among people where she's kind of ruthless when the situation calls for it.

I'm really interested in how the movie is going to portray her. Like it or not, this movie is going to define the character for a lot of people.

Alot of people hate the ruthless persona that writers have given her since Infinite crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom