• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the ultimate sign. Age of Ultron was easily the worst movie I've seen since... I don't even know, it's really impressively awful, but wasn't that a pretty troubled production?

Top 3 worst movies ive seen in theaters in the last few years that and Suicide Squad belong there for me. Jason Bourne too.

Age of Ultron is a decent movie. Ultron himself is a disappointment but everything else is fun.

No it wasn't. There's exactly one great moment, when the hammer twitches when Cap grabs it. Everything else was woefully superficial. Like, the scene (scenes, really) where they're evacuating people en masse, and then STILL have to spend the entire fight sheparding cilvilians around completely killed any pacing the final confrontation might have had, all so they could demonstrate "see, OUR guys worry about civilians!"

And I mean honestly how do you even structure a movie around a threat so poorly constructed and executed as Ultron was? Simply not credibly dangerous. Dude constantly stepped on his own moments.

shingi70

Banned
No it wasn't. There's exactly one great moment, when the hammer twitches when Cap grabs it. Everything else was woefully superficial. Like, the scene (scenes, really) where they're evacuating people en masse, and then STILL have to spend the entire fight sheparding cilvilians around completely killed any pacing the final confrontation might have had, all so they could demonstrate "see, OUR guys worry about civilians!"

And I mean honestly how do you even structure a movie around a threat so poorly constructed and executed as Ultron was? Simply not credibly dangerous. Dude constantly stepped on his own moments.

It was a fun harmless movie. A few of the jokes were forced but the majority of the action was really well done, all of the downtime scenes were really fun. Hawkeye was great, and the ending fight still looked awesome.

Even Ultron who was a bit problematic made sense considering he was based on Stark's brainwaves and not Pym's.

strafer

tumblr_oenbf5GBMW1rs2uhvo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oenbf5GBMW1rs2uhvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oenbf5GBMW1rs2uhvo2_1280.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Someone on Reddit pointed out that bit with Aquaman, Wonder Womand and Flash getting ready to fight in the BTS video seemed like it was taking place at Supermans grave in Metrolpolis

Parademon mobs trying to steal his body meanwhile Bateman and Cyborg with the real one perhaps?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Someone on Reddit pointed out that bit with Aquaman, Wonder Womand and Flash getting ready to fight in the BTS video seemed like it was taking place at Supermans grave in Metrolpolis

Parademon mobs trying to steal his body meanwhile Bateman and Cyborg with the real one perhaps?

His body isn't there tho, he was buried near Kent Farm.

a916

What killed the pacing was the incessant need to bust out a joke every 5 seconds... oh we haven't said a one liner yet, quick say 5 back to back to back... unreal.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Pssssh I posted that the first day it came out in the thread in the OT. Reddit stealing my thunder. But like INST said, the body isn't here, it's in Smallville.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Snyder at least seems to have fun with this flick.

Probably because he doesn't have to spend much time with boring Cavill.

Id be cool wit Apokalips lookin like Iceland. I mean the planet is called Apokalips, and the boss is called Darkside, some subversion and subtlety could go a long way. Iceland could be the home of the brutal demonic hordes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom