• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

It's funny how we have all this PR about Wonder Woman being a caring person with a good heart, yet she has this reputation among people where she's kind of ruthless when the situation calls for it.

I'm really interested in how the movie is going to portray her. Like it or not, this movie is going to define the character for a lot of people.
This was my favorite part:

Diane Nelson: “That’s a pretty good way to think about the way she fights. She’s not choosing to fight for the thrill of battle. She’s fighting because she believes in something and she’s quick to put down that sword when the opportunity is there.”

Zack Snyder/Gal Gadot: "I remember after we did that take, Zack came to me and he said, 'Did you just have a smirk?' I said 'Yeah.' And he asked, 'Why? I think I like it, but why? Well if [Doomsday's] gonna mess with her, then she's gonna mess with him. And she knows she's gonna win," Gadot said, "At the end of the day Wonder Woman is a peace seeker. But when fight arrives, she can fight. She's a warrior and she enjoys the adrenaline of the fight".

5333343-0514447876-tumbl.gif

Ninjimbo

Diane Nelson: “That’s a pretty good way to think about the way she fights. She’s not choosing to fight for the thrill of battle. She’s fighting because she believes in something and she’s quick to put down that sword when the opportunity is there.”

Zack Snyder/Gal Gadot: "I remember after we did that take, Zack came to me and he said, 'Did you just have a smirk?' I said 'Yeah.' And he asked, 'Why? I think I like it, but why? Well if [Doomsday's] gonna mess with her, then she's gonna mess with him. And she knows she's gonna win," Gadot said, "At the end of the day Wonder Woman is a peace seeker. But when fight arrives, she can fight. She's a warrior and she enjoys the adrenaline of the fight".
]
Based Gal. She's going to save us from this abominable pit of despair.

Alot of people hate the ruthless persona that writers have given her since Infinite crisis.
I like it. It would make sense considering her upbringing but I can see how it could clash with some of her earlier depictions.

best drunk Affleck is his Armageddon commentary and also his Brady rant on Bill Simmons.

Good Will Hunting was on tv today (love that movie) and man it's so awesome seeing those two kids becoming the superstars they are today. Never would have guessed one of them would become Batman and a big director and the other a very successful drama and action star. Biggest surprise is Casey tho, he's just some comic relief dork in there.

Affleck's early career is a funny contrast to his later work. He mostly played goofballs or comedic characters, even in the action films and dramas. But since that Jersey Girl-Gigli double-whammy he's stuck to serious roles.

he's had so many bombs man (what about paycheck, the movie that scared John Woo back to China lol). i think his career would be in the toilet right now if he didn't realize he's actually a pretty decent director. dude had to work his own way back up.

Penguin

Been a long time, and feels weird no DC movie filming or in the immediate future.

Place is already a ghost town

Though guess WW/JL marketing should heat up a bit with Fantastical Beasts

Ross61

he's had so many bombs man (what about paycheck, the movie that scared John Woo back to China lol). i think his career would be in the toilet right now if he didn't realize he's actually a pretty decent director. dude had to work his own way back up.
He's a great director with every movie receiving critical acclaim and a great writer too. He would have found a way to thrive.

Just saw The Accountant. I was going to say it's not the 34% RT had it at the other day, but I guess it's more in line with the 52% it's up to now. I'd give it a 6.5 or so.

a916

Just saw The Accountant. I was going to say it's not the 34% RT had it at the other day, but I guess it's more in line with the 52% it's up to now. I'd give it a 6.5 or so.

That RT is going higher, the average review is sitting at 5.8. Interesting to see where it lands.

He spoke about it briefly on any given Wednesday. How he was coming off four flops, his then relationship falling through, and generally feeling uncool, fueled his desire to reinvent his career and life.

It's interesting to hear him talk about his Batman movie and wanting to get it right. Not to psychoanalyze the guy, but if he is in a rough spot in his personal life, good on him and Warners for not rushing it

5333343-0514447876-tumbl.gif

lol no. gotta say i like the vision of WW's director better.

Loxley

Yep, afraid I'm going to have to agree that the right side is better without the blue filter. The colors look much more natural.

J_Viper

Affleck opened up a few cans of whoop ass in The Accountant. Hopefully he can do more of his own Batman stunt work in the future.

A lot of the BvS fight scenes was a double, yeah?

guek

Banned
I don't mind filters most of the time. The only reason I'm glad they've gone with a more neutral color balance is that the blue/green filter they were using before felt too reminiscent of Snyder's standard low contrast aesthetic. I'd rather Jenkins carve out her own look for WW.

Odoul

Small thing I've noticed with the DCU is how unambiguous it is with sexuality.

Clark goes to town on Lois in the bathtub.

Bruce is bedding random models.

Rick Flagg is knocking down Enchantress.

Even the fucking JOKER of all people is actually smashing.

The only recent CBM I can remember is the 1st Iron Man and TDKR, and I think Wolverine in X4.

I have a feeling Dr. Strange, Wonder Woman and Justice League are gonna be pretty chaste going forward.

IconGrist

Small thing I've noticed with the DCU is how unambiguous it is with sexuality.

Clark goes to town on Lois in the bathtub.

Bruce is bedding random models.

Rick Flagg is knocking down Enchantress.

Even the fucking JOKER of all people is actually smashing.

The only recent CBM I can remember is the 1st Iron Man and TDKR, and I think Wolverine in X4.

I have a feeling Dr. Strange, Wonder Woman and Justice League are gonna be pretty chaste going forward.

Supes is likely going to smash in JL. 'Surprise return from the grave sex' with Lois.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom