• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I'm hearing about this. Is there a cast?

http://deadline.com/2016/10/krypton-ian-mcelhinney-elliot-cowan-six-cast-syfy-pilot-1201834262/

Cameron Cuffe as Seg-El (Kal’s grandpa)
Georgina Campbell as Lyta Zod
Ian McElhinney as Val-El (Kal's grandpa's grandpa)
Elliot Cowan as Daron Vex
Ann Ogbomo as Primus Alura Zod
Rasmus Hardiker as Kem
Wallis Day as Nyssa Vex
Aaron Pierre as Dev-Em

Years before the Superman legend we know, the House of El was shamed and ostracized. This series follows The Man of Steel’s grandfather as he brings hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest Super Hero ever known

I don't know who any of them are.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What's up with SK's hair?
Not in a pony tail?

Reddit was already on the case and found a bunch of "hidden" stuff. Character bio sheets and photos, but they're the same ones from the Suicide Squad art book that came out in August.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/56tewz/character_bios_from_argusgovcom/

Example

harley_quinn.jpg

Ross61

Remember when Geoff John's was announced as co-leader of the DCEU, and then got eye-rolls and people mentioned Bruce Timm? And then Killing Joke came out?

Good Times.

Effect

Penguin

Pretty good quote from Gal on WW and the movie

What was Jenkins’ vision for telling Wonder Woman’s story?
For her it was very important to not just portray her as a goddess, but to tell a very simple story of someone who believes in good and believes that people should be happy and lead safe, happy lives. We cared a lot about simplifying Wonder Woman’s agenda, because it is simple. It was her heart that we cared about, not her being this warrior. When you tell a story from the heart, all of us can relate, because all of us want to live in a safe, quiet, and peaceful world.

Rest of the interview
http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-dc-patty-jenkins-1201884362/

IconGrist

Man, Killer Croc looked so lame in Squad. He had a great face but terrible body.

Most people aren't aware Croc is just a guy with a skin condition who also happens to be a cannibal. So many think he's part crocodile because of Batman TAS and weird interpretations in the comics.

guek

Banned
Most people aren't aware Croc is just a guy with a skin condition who also happens to be a cannibal. So many think he's part crocodile because of Batman TAS and weird interpretations in the comics.

Eh, he's certainly had different depictions throughout the character's history. The whole part crocodile thing though has been used more often than not though.

Tom Hardy would have made an excellent Killer Croc.

I could see that but it's too shallow a part for such an actor

Id be cool wit Apokalips lookin like Iceland. I mean the planet is called Apokalips, and the boss is called Darkside, some subversion and subtlety could go a long way. Iceland could be the home of the brutal demonic hordes

Seems Amber Heard and Willem Dafoe are in Iceland, too. Possibly what's filming in Djúpavík is connected to Atlantis. We'll see.

Also, brief talk from Gal Gadot on Wonder Woman: http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-dc-patty-jenkins-1201884362/

Greg Rucka, a longtime writer of “Wonder Woman,” believes the character is bisexual. He reasons that because she lived on Themyscira, which is populated solely by women, she must have had gay relationships. Is Wonder Woman bisexual in the film?

It’s not something we’ve explored. It never came to the table, but when you talk theoretically about all the women on Themyscira and how many years she was there, then what he said makes sense. In this movie she does not experience any bisexual relationships. But it’s not about that. She’s a woman who loves people for who they are. She can be bisexual. She loves people for their hearts.

guek

Banned
Not in a pony tail?

Reddit was already on the case and found a bunch of "hidden" stuff. Character bio sheets and photos, but they're the same ones from the Suicide Squad art book that came out in August.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/56tewz/character_bios_from_argusgovcom/

Example

harley_quinn.jpg

Wait wait wait

Harley has a prison sentence of less than 15yrs and she's considered among the "worst of the worst"? I guess it's about on par with Boomerang's bank robbery charges.

Does anyone know she assisted in the murder of Robin?

I would imagine Gordon would have an idea, and he'd bring the charges. Either way, my main point is that the only instance of mentioning Harley was involved in Robin's murder is the flavor text in her
fifth or sixth
introduction. Couple that with her age making the timeline already screwy, and the DCEU canon is already borked. For being WB/DC's big cinematic universe, there's an awful lot of plot holes....

Ross61

I would imagine Gordon would have an idea, and he'd bring the charges. Either way, my main point is that the only instance of mentioning Harley was involved in Robin's murder is the flavor text in her
fifth or sixth
introduction. Couple that with her age making the timeline already screwy, and the DCEU canon is already borked. For being WB/DC's big cinematic universe, there's an awful lot of plot holes....
I'd venture to say only Joker is the only one that has been properly identified as the killer. I don't even think the charge against killing Robin has ever canonically brought against Joker. That would present Batman/Bruce a whole different problem. And how does her age make the timeline screwy?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, her age seems to be ok with the timeline. She's 26 years old as of Suicide Squad. Seems to have been Harley for like 2 years. I can believe she graduated college at 22, then went right to Arkham as an intern since they'd probably take anyone. Was Joker's therapist for 2 years then becomes Harley at 24.

Ross61

Everyone will definitely show up one way or another in future films. Killer Croc will either be in the subsequent Batman and/or Suicide Squad films. Give him more depth and for those who want him bigger give him some venom. Problem solved.

strafer

Loving the responses to the Mera outfit reveal in the OT. Why do people even bother making DCEU related statuses anymore? :p

For people who dont always see this thread since it is on the community side were threads go to die.

And has Penguin said; he's the news guy.

J_Viper

The Accountant is getting wrecked right now

How do we make sure Affleck doesn't commit Seppuku?

Can we write Jennifer Garner a letter?

IconGrist

The Accountant is getting wrecked right now

How do we make sure Affleck doesn't commit Seppuku?

Can we write Jennifer Garner a letter?

I don't think Affleck went into that movie expecting it to review well. He probably did it (like a lot of actors) just because he liked the premise.

he's been battle hardened by Gigli. all this shit is a cakewalk for him, especially since BvS ended up being a big hit anyways. this likely won't flop either.

anyways if there's any justice his brother aka best affleck will be racking up all the awards for Manchester by the Sea, incredible performance. Ben needs to cast him again.

Affleck has this quote on his bathroom mirror:

"I have never seen Jaws 4, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." -Michael Caine

Ninjimbo

he's been battle hardened by Gigli. all this shit is a cakewalk for him, especially since BvS ended up being a big hit anyways. this likely won't flop either.

anyways if there's any justice his brother aka best affleck will be racking up all the awards for Manchester by the Sea, incredible performance. Ben needs to cast him again.
Can we fit Casey into the DC universe? He's been one of my favorite actors for awhile now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom