• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Nah brothers in arms was money, best melding of action scene and music in a while. As well as whenever the guitar dude popped up on screen.

Anyways bless up to lord Zimmer for giving the trinity some pretty good stuff before he bounced from comic movies.

Baldman got the best out of me, he needs it really. Felt sorry for him.

Hey Han, long time listener first time caller... errr I had a question,

How does it feel to be so good at your job? I'll hang up and listen, thanks.

It's pretty annoying seeing all these hacks trying to replicate what I do. Cons of being the best I guess. Currently working with Christ Nolan, some dope shit coming up.

The Batman filming next year was obvious if you paid attention to the moves Ben and WB have been making the past couple months in regards to his schedule.

Jonogunn

Robin and Nightwing HAS to be in the next one. It's the only path to go.

If there was any time the viewers would accept a robin it's now.

I hope it's a big part of the plot as well so they can fully explore it...nightwing with flashbacks to when he was a younger robin....all the Jason Todd stuff...and then maybe a new robin?

Show the general population to why robin is integral to Batman

Robin and Nightwing HAS to be in the next one. It's the only part to go.

If there was any time the viewers would accept a robin it's now.

I hope it's a big part of the plot as well so they and fully explore it...nightwing with flashbacks to when he was a younger robin....all the Jason Todd stuff...and then maybe a new robin?

Show the general population to why robin is integral to Batman

That's my sincere hope for the Batman movies. I need the Bat Family.

I kinda want the new cinematic universe Robin to be Carrie Kelley since its already a very different universe from the comics and already has tones of DKR built in. It would be something new at least.

Busty

Banned
The Batman nov 2018 confirmed? Ben going for that Oscar season.

I'm still having a hard time seeing Affleck getting The Batman ready for 2018. Unless they intend to delay Aquaman (and release it at the end of the year near The Flash) to give it more time and give the slot to Affleck's film I don't see where WB slot the film in.

If I had to put money on it I'd say that the first solo Batman film would take the slot currently occupied by Justice League 2 in summer 2019 (if they want another director to come in and replace Snyder or whatever) or the unoccupied November 2019 slot.

Ahasverus

I'm still having a hard time seeing Affleck getting The Batman ready for 2018. Unless they intend to delay Aquaman (and release it at the end of the year near The Flash) to give it more time and give the slot to Affleck's film I don't see where WB slot the film in.
If it starts filming next spring there's no way it comes out in 2019. This won't take as much time in Post Production as the Snyder films.

If I had to put money on it I'd say that the first solo Batman film would take the slot currently occupied by Justice League 2 in summer 2019 (if they want another director to come in and replace Snyder or whatever) or the unoccupied November 2019 slot.

As I've been saying this whole time, The Batman will be the October 2018 slot.

You're literally the only one here beating the 2019 drum.

Busty

Banned
If it starts filming next spring there's no way it comes out in 2019. This won't take as much time in Post Production as the Snyder films.

Possibly. But I can see Warners giving Affleck the sort of space in post production etc usually only reserved for the likes of Nolan and Cameron to get the film the way he wants it.

Look at how they passed Live By Night all over the schedule to try and please him and accommodate his DCU commitments.

As I've been saying this whole time, The Batman will be the October 2018 slot.

There is literally no one way that WB are releasing a film as big as Affleck's solo Batman film in one of the quietest months of the film going calendar.

None.

This TBA October film will be some Vertigo property from New Line or, at a stretch, Dark Universe.

You're literally the only one here beating the 2019 drum.

It's lonely.

But I've got to be me, ya know?

There is literally no one way that WB are releasing a film as big as Affleck's solo Batman film in one of the quietest months of the film going calendar.

None.

This TBA October film will be some Vertigo property from New Line or, at a stretch, Dark Universe.

March used to be quiet too and now you see big movies releasing in that time frame, same with April. It's time to expand the calendar again. The Batman will drive business whether it drops in February, July, September, or October. It's an event film, people will show up.

Busty

Banned
March used to be quiet too and now you see big movies releasing in that time frame, same with April. It's time to expand the calendar again. The Batman will drive business whether it drops in February, July, September, or October. It's an event film, people will show up.

The Batman as a film, as a property, is too valuable to use in this fashion. October is for more adult, award worthy fare.

It's never going to happen.

The Batman as a film, as a property, is too valuable to use in this fashion. October is for more adult, award worthy fare.

It's never going to happen.

The only month where it definitely wont release is December, because Star Wars. Every other month is possible in my eyes.

And fuck that Oscar season shit, nobody cares actually.

guek

Banned
The only month where it definitely wont release is December, because Star Wars. Every other month is possible in my eyes.

The entire idea of blockbuster "seasons" is thankfully starting to die. It's not like Oscar bait movies would overlap significantly with the audience for Batman anyway.

Busty

Banned

If this were Warners' mindset wouldn't they release Justice League in October? They could just have shifted it forward, it's currently set for release next November. Does that seem anymore plausible?

Weren't you also pretty confident it wouldn't even film until 2018 or 2019 too?

I always thought it would release November 2019 (with the release schedule staying as it is) so I never predicted that it would start production in 2019, no. As I said before, if Warners are going to release this stand alone Batman film in 2018 it makes more sense to have it take Aquaman's summer slot (giving it more time for development and/or pre production) rather than release it in October.

It's not impossible that The Batman comes out summer 2018 but I just don't see the studio wanting to rush Affleck like that.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think you would ever considering helping out with Star Wars? Their soundtracks have always been average.

You pay me enough and we got a deal.

I always thought it needed more drums anyway.

smh at these last few posts. shitting on the good movies that come out in these latter few months and god-tier star wars music.

y'all need Jesus Snyder

Busty

Banned
Apparently Wonder Woman, in terms of trailer views and social media engagement, is tracking at the same level as Suicide Squad and near BvS.

According to some it's even tracking closely to Dr Strange in some areas at the moment which is incredible given that the Marvel film opens in less than a month and WW doesn't get released until next summer.

Regardless of the critical response audiences are still excited for the DCU and I can see the hype for Wonder Woman steadily increasing as we move to next summer.

as long as they tone down the comic/capeshit, The Batman has a good chance at winning oscars, look at TDK

get them oscars ben
banderas.png

Apparently Wonder Woman, in terms of trailer views and social media engagement, is tracking at the same level as Suicide Squad and near BvS.

According to some it's even tracking closely to Dr Strange in some areas at the moment which is incredible given that the Marvel film opens in less than a month and WW doesn't get released until next summer.

Regardless of the critical response audiences are still excited for the DCU and I can see the hype for Wonder Woman steadily increasing as we move to next summer.

In ways Wonder Woman is hitting at the right time. A WW film should've happened long ago, but it's a good climate for it to play.

Ahasverus

The hype for DS is non-existant,so that's not surprising. WW might be their first "four quadrants" movie which could make them bank if they play their cards right, and the film is good of course.

The hype for DS is non-existant,so that's not surprising. WW might be their first "four quadrants" movie which could make them bank if they play their cards right, and the film is good of course.

that's another thing that DC beats marvel in, Name Recognition.
WW, Bats ,Supes, Flash, hell even Aquaman are household names, where as ask a streetgoer who Strange and Ant-Man are and they say who the fuck is that? DC Has that perk out of the gate because of the strong lore of the characters.

Bleepey

that's another thing that DC beats marvel in, Name Recognition.
WW, Bats ,Supes, Flash, hell even Aquaman are household names, where as ask a streetgoer who Strange and Ant-Man are and they say who the fuck is that? DC Has that perk out of the gate because of the strong lore of the characters.

Yeah, but Iron Man is now top tier from C tier. To those who plays fighting games like alpha 2, he went from the same tier as Sodom to Ken tier.

Tabby

While we're at it, can we have Sad Baldman stay dead and replace him with another Batman.

Batman Extended Universe:

• Batman Solo Movie.
  • Gotham City Sirens.
  • Birds of Prey.
  • Nightwing Solo movie.
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws.
  • Huntress Solo movie.
  • GCPD cop movie.
  • Deathstroke solo movie.
There's no shortage of things they can do.

IconGrist

Why would you wish a Cyborg to not do well? If they go through with it you should feel about it the same as any other property in this universe. Hope it's good and that it does well. Cyborg as a character doesn't suck. Don't blame the character's failings on shit writers.

J_Viper

Even though I thought Gal was okay in BvS, I don't think she has nearly enough charisma to sell the character as a lead like Margot did with Harley

Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom