• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael K Williams would be a GOAT manta, whew
banderas.png

Well, if that's the case, then I stand corrected. The first issue just soured me so much on a Geoff Johns written Aquaman that I didn't go any further, especially after reading Flash Rebirth.

Ah, you should give it another try. You missed out on some fun shit - The Trench and Throne of Atlantis are both good. In fact, the Johns and Jeff Parker runs (which came after Johns') were both nice.

Ashhong

you watched the only minutes worth a damn anyways. the action bronson and kanye west scenes are all you need.

Maybe it was only 15 minutes then because I don't remember any Kanye

..what do you mean "got it at work", where do you work?

Airline in flight entertainment. Get all the new movies early. This one actually took a while to come in. Runtime is 2 hours or so, so I take it it's not the extended. Maybe I'll just watch the Blu-ray

Yager

Banned
Well, if that's the case, then I stand corrected. The first issue just soured me so much on a Geoff Johns written Aquaman that I didn't go any further, especially after reading Flash Rebirth.

Geoff Johns' run is fantastic. READ THAT SHIT. RIGHT NOW.

Bleepey

I dunno I haven't really read anything substantial about early drafts that seem legit. I don't think it is needed to show Batman's past for his present to make sense. I don't really think it helps the film because the problem isn't that there isn't enough backstory. The problem is that the psychology they wanted Batman to have in the film is poorly supported by the actual events in the film. I don't really think they cut much because what is there clearly indicates that there was a poor amount of effort going into establishing what they wanted in the first place.

I dunno, the Joker and Harley scenes in SS all worked for me, what didn't work was the SS film. It's weird that they cut most of the scenes from the subplot that would have actually been better as the actual movie rather than the movie they made...

I agree that it's obvious the death of Robin affected Batman but then you have a whole host of shitty arguments coming from comics writer Gerry Conway

http://gerryconway.tumblr.com/post/141848901058/narrative-and-character-in-batman-vs-superman

Ross61

It's a good resume as far as production wise is, so if they go with the guy I'm not mad.

Hell, The Planet of the Apes reboot series is the strongest reboot of an old franchise there is today.

Dawn of the Apes is great. Well, the actual Ape content is.

Everything else though...

Anyone responsible for Terra Nova is guilty of a crime against all humanity.

Executive producers don't actually do anything, afaik. That's why it's often offered as part of contract negotiations with actors on long-running shows, it gives 'em something nice to stick on a resume, but doesn't require them to do anything (and doesn't open the show up to them screwing something up).

Besides, Terra Nova was... okay...

http://i.imgur.com/Wr16WXx.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

whew, lynda carter still got it at freakin 65. :O

edit: he just slapped his name on a bunch of movies. how are we gonna call a guy shit for just having a producer credit. lol good lord. and also apes is the best franchise running right now.

Why? It's not like the direction in Deadpool was amazing oranything.

He has a good eye and gets superheroes. He also directed the opening cinematic for DC Universe Online, so he's familiar with DC characters. That was another project that the direction didn't blow me away, but the action and character stuff was right on.

Ashhong

He has a good eye and gets superheroes. He also directed the opening cinematic for DC Universe Online, so he's familiar with DC characters. That was another project that the direction didn't blow me away, but the action and character stuff was right on.

Oh I don't know anything else that he did. He was also not a part of any script writing for Deadpool from what I read. Guess he can't hurt

WhiteWolf

I think he also directed the Batman and Deathstroke CG fight that came out when Batman Arkham Origins was announced.

a916

I don't like the idea of ATT buying out Time Warner... this only means more hands in the pot. The goal posts moving once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom