• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Forget the movies, the ultimate showdown for next year will be Injustice 2 vs. MVCI.

Man I am so ready for Injustice 2. I need more maniac Superman in my life.

So i was browsing some BvS related things and came across a movie podcast that interviewed Christina Wren right before BvS hit. It's pretty much a dive into Snyder'a filmography by the host and they discuss Man of Steel while Wren relates stories about Zack and about what it was like to work on MoS.

Listen here.

At around the 40th minute mark, she talks about how it was like on set. She describe it as an ego-less environment, how Snyder is pretty chill, and how he keeps a sort of family environment around it at all times. Apparently he's been working with the same people for years and the set isn't anything like a typical production. Sounds like a great experience. Also, Snyder spent his high school days reading books and working out at the gym.

One of us. ;_;

Everyone that worked with Snyder have said he is great. Seems like an awesome dude.

There's a funny moment in the making of MoS documentary, actually several. Michael Shannon and Richard Schiff show up in the matrix and joke around during their segments. Anyway, Snyder and a VFX guy are talking about collaboration. VFX guy jokes "wonder twin powers activate" and almost instinctively Snyder does the fist bump and makes the sound effect. The VFX guy clowns on him for being a dork.

Schiff was such great casting for Emil Hamilton I'm bummed they killed him off.

Forget the movies, the ultimate showdown for next year will be Injustice 2 vs. MVCI.

Man I am so ready for Injustice 2. I need more maniac Superman in my life.

That's one vs. I have a firm stance on. MvC always.

strafer

qHx2CYv.png

Busty

Banned
Take the following with a grain of salt the size of your head.

-- I heard that all this talk of a Justice League trailer started because Warner Bros held a 'state of the union/town hall' style internal presentation, about 2017 and beyond, at the studio which all the various execs, PAs, etc, etc attended and the JL trailer was shown there.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the trailer is coming any time soon, just that it was shown (hence the rumours) and that it went down a storm..., apparently. There's talk that the studio may wait until after LEGO Batman is released before dropping the trailer so they don't "cross the streams". But that's just talk.

-- Expect to see
Dax Shepard
in the DCU at some point? The studio really likes him and are thinking about slotting him into another franchise of theirs.

Booster Gold..., maybe? I have no idea.

Eh. Just thought I'd share this with you. Might be something. Might be nothing.

Effect

You now realize Justice League would have originally ended with Batman shooting Steppenwolf with a machine gun, Wonder Woman cutting off his legs with her sword and Superman flying through him and bursting through his chest splattering blood and guts everywhere.

Fuuuuck. Now it'll be some lame sanitary defeat or some shit lmao.

j/k
sorta

Funny you say this. Former Superman, Brandon Routh, aka The Atom actually does something like that in an episode of Legends of Tomorrow during its first season. He shrinks and flies right through a guy's chest, from the back to the front, like a bullet killing him with no concern at all.

Penguin

-- I heard that all this talk of a Justice League trailer started because Warner Bros held a 'state of the union/town hall' style internal presentation, about 2017 and beyond, at the studio which all the various execs, PAs, etc, etc attended and the JL trailer was shown there.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the trailer is coming any time soon, just that it was shown (hence the rumours) and that it went down a storm..., apparently. There's talk that the studio may wait until after LEGO Batman is released before dropping the trailer so they don't "cross the streams". But that's just talk.

-- Expect to see
Dax Shepard
in the DCU at some point? The studio really likes him and are thinking about slotting him into another franchise of theirs.

He's a weird looking dude

Looks like he is still in his awkward 20s, but over 40

a916

-- Expect to see
Dax Shepard

I'll never understand dropping a trailer THAT early to be forgotten and then they'll have to show off even more footage, spoiling the movie when marketing begins in earnest. They'll have to drop something at the end of the trailer that makes people go OMG in December and then top that next year in October. Not only will they show off the Steppenwolf battle, but the return of Superman all before the movie drops lol.

We haven't heard a peep from Thor, and Spider-Man is getting it's first teaser, and they drop in the summer.

IconGrist

I'll never understand dropping a trailer THAT early to be forgotten and then they'll have to show off even more footage, spoiling the movie when marketing begins in earnest. They'll have to drop something at the end of the trailer that makes people go OMG in December and then top that next year in October. Not only will they show off the Steppenwolf battle, but the return of Superman all before the movie drops lol.

We haven't heard a peep from Thor, and Spider-Man is getting it's first teaser, and they drop in the summer.

I can imagine them doing something like ending the final trailer on Cavill's closed eyes and they open glowing red.

Ross61

-- Expect to see
Dax Shepard

Did they specify they want him in the DCU specifically? Because he's already takes with starting and being a recurring part of the new Hanna-Barbara cinematic universe after Scooby Doo.

But they must really like what they've seen of his ChiPs because they switch it's release date with Ritchie's King Arthur: Legend of Sword (which means it'll have to fight against GOTG Vol. 2) and letting him direct/co-write Scooby Doo. And they've been very particular and smart about who direct there animated movies.

Marvel doesn't drop trailers until 6-8 months out. You could probably extend that to Disney as a whole. However, WB have put out teasers/trailers a year in advance for many blockbusters. BvS, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad (reluctantly), The Dark Knight Rises, The Dark Knight, Man of Steel, etc.

December, June, September would make perfect sense. (Teaser, Trailer 1, and Final Trailer)

The same source that said Dunkirk would have a full trailer before Rogue One also said the same for Justice League over the NolanFan forums. A new Dunkirk trailer just got classified.

a916

Marvel doesn't drop trailers until 6-8 months out. You could probably extend that to Disney as a whole. However, WB have put out teasers/trailers a year in advance for many blockbusters. BvS, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad (reluctantly), The Dark Knight Rises, The Dark Knight, Man of Steel, etc.

December, June, September would make perfect sense. (Teaser, Trailer 1, and Final Trailer)

The same source that said Dunkirk would have a full trailer before Rogue One also said the same for Justice League over the NolanFan forums. A new Dunkirk trailer just got classified.

I'm not sure who it helps though... the fans that want this, are crazy enough that they'll be there if the trailer drops 3 months before too. The casuals who you pull in with that marketing blitz will forget about this trailer in a month.

New Dunkirk, yessssssss

So there is still hope for JL this month?

I'm not sure who it helps though... the fans that want this, are crazy enough that they'll be there if the trailer drops 3 months before too. The casuals who you pull in with that marketing blitz will forget about this trailer in a month.

New Dunkirk, yessssssss

You remind the casuals the movie exists. I don't know how many friends I heard talking about Dunkirk when the trailer released months ago. It's on their radar now. Which is another one, Dunkirk had a trailer 11-12 months out. Dunkirk.

So there is still hope for JL this month?

I don't know anything. I'm just guessing and speculating like the rest. If I had to bet on it, I feel like it's a safe bet. It seems the person at those forums has a source. However, guessing that huge summer blockbusters will get a trailer in November/December isn't exactly that risky either.

100% chance that Snyder will tweet the JL trailer after the Spider trailer drops on Kimmel.

Wanna make a bet? If the trailer does not drop after the Kimmel show, let's say 12 hours, then you gotta use a Batman avatar that I choose, and you do the same with me with Superman.

30 days.

Having trouble understanding how that bit would be problematic. Everyone knows he's coming back. It's already fated to be anticlimactic as hell, so who really cares?

a916

Having trouble understanding how that bit would be problematic. Everyone knows he's coming back. It's already fated to be anticlimactic as hell, so who really cares?

It is, except we don't know when. Yeah we all know he's coming but you don't want to give away when and where. Like BvS told us exactly when she was coming... which was really dumb considering the movie makes you think for a second it's Superman since they showed him racing down in the previous scene.

We know he's coming, don't ruin the money shot is what I'm saying.

It is, except we don't know when. Yeah we all know he's coming but you don't want to give away when and where. Like BvS told us exactly when she was coming... which was really dumb considering the movie makes you think for a second it's Superman since they showed him racing down in the previous scene.

We know he's coming, don't ruin the money shot is what I'm saying.

A trailer showing Clark lying with his eyes closed, and then opening them, doesn't really spoil anything except Clark does indeed come back. Which isn't a spoiler. Don't show how he rejoins the action and everything's copacetic.

a916

A trailer showing Clark lying with his eyes closed, and then opening them, doesn't really spoil anything except Clark does indeed come back. Which isn't a spoiler. Don't show how he rejoins the action and everything's copacetic.

Nah, I'd rather save it for the movie. It does nothing to show him other than waste another good moment. Laying there and opening his eyes rules out him showing up in the middle of the final. I'd rather be sitting there going hmm, I wonder when he comes back versus, well I know they show a shot of him laying there with his eyes open so I guess I'll wait for that shot.

Nah, I'd rather save it for the movie. It does nothing to show him other than waste another good moment. Laying there and opening his eyes rules out him showing up in the middle of the final. I'd rather be sitting there going hmm, I wonder when he comes back versus, well I know they show a shot of him laying there with his eyes open so I guess I'll wait for that shot.

Agreed. We know he's coming back, I mean he's shown for two brief bits in the behind the scenes wrap video, but don't give us a scene that can clue us in on when it will be.

Fair.

I suppose I just don't care because I'm unlikely to see the movie in theaters, anyways. Hard to give a damn one way or the other.

We ever get another director for Flash, or have they not announced anything?

IconGrist

Fair.

I suppose I just don't care because I'm unlikely to see the movie in theaters, anyways. Hard to give a damn one way or the other.

We ever get another director for Flash, or have they not announced anything?

Supposedly WB has secured another but just hasn't released that information publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom