• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Miyazaki after watching Suicide Squad:

CzWWwi6WIAEGyAT.jpg:large

Miyazaki speaks for everyone who saw that cinematic travesty

I would say Matt Reeves would kill it with handling the whole DC universe since he's proven to be a really damn good studio director with the apes franchise.

But I wouldn't wish him damnation in comic book movie hell. the fanbases seem like such a pain. and there's so much baggage to deal with (you have to include this character, and they have to be like this, but also you have to set up this other movie where this other character will be etc.)

Nolan left at the right time.

We should wait for someone to make a universally loved DCEU movie before we appoint anyone... Jenkins hasn't made a good movie in what, 10 years?

Patty Jenkins hasn't made a major motion picture in 10 years. Monster was her only theatrical release, everything else was (good) TV stuff. You make it sound like she was Landis-ing this shit, dicking around making mediocre trash.

Hindsight and all, Matt Reeves would've handled the MoS script much better than Snyder. But he'd also get many of the same silly complaints from hobby bloggers and the like. It was ultimately Goyer's story and script.

At the time I only knew Matt Reeves from Cloverfield and that movie wasn't to my taste. Then Dawn of the Planet of the Apes became one of my favorite blockbusters of the past few years. I was pulling for Duncan Jones to land the gig, though I haven't seen Warcraft yet to see how he did with big blockbusters. Tony Scott, RIP, was the off the wall name in the mix I kind of wanted just to see what it'd be. Might've got that Denzel Lex Luthor, too.

you know who I think would really make a great MoS movie? Denis Villeneuve, the guy who did Sicario, Prisoners, Arrival. Might sound like an odd pick but he's consistently been a great director and I think it would be interesting to see him tackle a superhero film.

Mah boi. Lone Ranger most under appreciated blockbuster of the last 5 years. And I ain't saying that cause I'm wasted.

Still get chills when he catches that bullet during the train scene and that Morricone style music kicks in. It was too good for us :tears

Lone Ranger needs something like 40 minutes cut out in the center, but yeah, that finale is one of the finest action sequences this side of Fury Road in recent years.

Penguin

Closest thing we have to a DC Comics thread so not sure if the place, and this is more pie-in-the-sky loosely connecting the dots, but feel like DC may be prepping a standalone app like Marvel Unlimited that would feature not only older comics, but also some of their animated movies/specials.

Think a cool idea if that's what it is, but we'll see.

Closest thing we have to a DC Comics thread so not sure if the place, and this is more pie-in-the-sky loosely connecting the dots, but feel like DC may be prepping a standalone app like Marvel Unlimited that would feature not only older comics, but also some of their animated movies/specials.

I'd pay for that sub.

Ross61

Where did you hear this at?

tim1138

What's leading you to think this?

They've said in the past they're adverse to it since they feel it'd cannibalize back catalog sales.

Busty

Banned

Warner Bros are definitely developing a 'DC streaming platform' that could be connected to their purchase of DreamFever (??) platform.

I wouldn't be surprised if this SVOD service is where they will debut the third of Young Justice.

Penguin

Warner Bros are definitely developing a 'DC streaming platform' that could be connected to their purchase of DreamFever (??) platform.

I wouldn't be surprised if this SVOD service is where they will debut the third of Young Justice.

Interesting
Another piece to the puzzle, and would be a good way to garner early attention for the service.

Loxley

If you look at their website, DC have practically all-but rebranded themselves from DC Comics to DC Entertainment at this point. They're clearly trying to expand their image into that of a multimedia company instead of comics company that has hands in a few other cookie jars.

They've certainly got the capacity to do create their own streaming service, what with the popularity of their DCTV lineup, slew of animated shows and films, plus the ever-growing DCEU.

If you look at their website, DC have practically all-but rebranded themselves from DC Comics to DC Entertainment at this point. They're clearly trying to expand their image into that of a multimedia company instead of comics company that has hands in a few other cookie jars.

They've certainly got the capacity to do create their own streaming service, what with the popularity of their DCTV lineup, slew of animated shows and films, plus the ever-growing DCEU.

Not a new development, I just think they're finally doing something more than just tv and movies with their comics. It was always their intent, they just haven't done much.

WhiteWolf

Man, I'm down for that. Hopefully it includes Vertigo as well so that I can read Hellblazer.

Penguin

It's a tweet by TrailerTrack saying we shouldn't expect a trailer for Justive League this year and gives us 2017 as an early estimate.

Well not really an estimate, if not this year has to be next year

But yeah the movie is out in 11 months and Warner has several other films to promote before then.

Actually good news. Save it for Super Bowl weekend. The movie is already a long ways out. BvS had too many trailers that kind of spoiled the whole movie except the Doomsday fight.

I mean, if people didn't see how that movie was going to go from the moment it was announced, I don't know what to say.

Also, does WB do anything for Super Bowl weekend?

IconGrist

I mean, if people didn't see how that movie was going to go from the moment it was announced, I don't know what to say.

Also, does WB do anything for Super Bowl weekend?

Well, you have to remember the argument. It wasn't being spoiled on what happens so much as it was being shown any of it in the trailers. Every one with even a smidgen of intelligence knew the movie was going to end up with Bats and Supes working together but they didn't want it to be shown in the trailers. It negates the title of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom