• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have cut the entire Batmobile chase and the movie would have lost nothing (especially since it was so poorly staged and a complete mess of an action sequence).

The Superman confrontation is vital. What you don't need is the Batmobile tethering a car to throw into another and smashing through boats and buildings. What I got from that scene was to say, look how powerful the Batmobile is, yet Superman can break it with a kick. Could've got that message across without a long noisy scene.

The Superman confrontation is vital. What you don't need is the Batmobile tethering a car to throw into another and smashing through boats and buildings. What I got from that scene was to say, look how powerful the Batmobile is, yet Superman can break it with a kick. Could've got that message across without a long noisy scene.

yeah really he should have just been cruising down the street in his 6 4 batmobile and then had superman come out of nowhere and punt it.

that chase was a giant mess. knightmare sequence was cool as hell but it does not help the movie at all for the non-geeks. they should have been replaced with either a batman beatdown or superman rescuing a plane and fighting a rebel army or something. all shouldas though, in the end i still enjoyed the movie tbh up until batman fought superman, after that i just was not liking much of it (warehouse scene being the exception of course, straight out of the arkham series)

Dead

well not really...yet
Ya but theres a diff between cutting a 3 hr long movie to 2 and half hours. Instead they had to cut a 4 hr long mvoie down to 2 and half hours
You don't seem to understand how cutting a movie works

It was never a 4 hour movie. The final cut before Theatrical was 3 hours. That what was cut down

4 hour cut was an assembly version during the edit.

Blame shit tier movie blogs (ironically the same people invited to today's set visit) who have no idea to report actual information but instead just seek to create headlines for page views for spreading wrongful info. .

WhiteWolf

I don't mind the tone being lighter for JL, but I hope the movie feels like there is a lot a stake; I want to feel like we are marching towards the end of the world if we don't get these heroes together.

Ahasverus

I don't mind the tone being lighter for JL, but I hope the movie feels like there is a lot a stake; I want to feel like we are marching towards the end of the world if we don't get these heroes together.
You bet the entire team is gonna jobber until Superman returns

ReiGun

I hope we get Justice League and Wonder Woman trailers at Comic Con this year. After BVS I'm pretty sure WB will provide that for us.

Wonder Woman we'll get. Shown to the audience then posted online immediately following the panel.

There will be JL footage, but it will be panel exclusive. We'll see it through potato phone, it will stay up for a week or so, then WB will act all mad about it as they put up the direct feed footage they totally didn't intend to show the general public this soon.

Book it.

we'll get a 2 minute clip of Momoa holding his breath in a swimming pool.

30 million views in 2 days. Giant rant-pieces posted online about it.

giphy.gif

Wonder Woman we'll get. Shown to the audience then posted online immediately following the panel.

There will be JL footage, but it will be panel exclusive. We'll see it through potato phone, it will stay up for a week or so, then WB will act all mad about it as they put up the direct feed footage they totally didn't intend to show the general public this soon.

Book it.

This will most likely happen lol.

Ahasverus

Posted in this thread yet?
Of course the community thread home of the most hardcore DC fanboys this side of 4chan hasn't talked about the biggest news of this half of the year. No sir :p Join the fun! (Or lack of, we seem to be not very amused about the change in tone thingy)

bryanee

I really hope Steppenwolf isn't the big bad for this movie and its just misdirection at the moment as to not give everything away.

bryanee

Why not? It's not like there are many foes that could stand against the league.

The whole time watching the first one I'm going to be thinking to myself Darkseid is in the next one. At no point will I consider Steppenwolf a real threat if I'm thinking that and I will be.

They could have so much fun doing a JL v The Legion of Doom movie. It would be an absolute blast. Hell they can even do the Crime Syndicate.

I'm going to keep hoping that Steppenwolf is just a part time player for JL1 and Darkseid will be the big bad in the end.

IconGrist

The whole time watching the first one I'm going to be thinking to myself Darkseid is in the next one. At no point will I consider Steppenwolf a real threat if I'm thinking that and I will be.

They could have so much fun doing a JL v The Legion of Doom movie. It would be an absolute blast. Hell they can even do the Crime Syndicate.

I'm going to keep hoping that Steppenwolf is just a part time player for JL1 and Darkseid will be the big bad in the end.

You can't really go into these movies like that. You know they are going to overcome the bad guy. It's specifics that should matter. The general outcome will always be obvious.

Why would they job out Darkseid in the first Justice League movie to a team on their first outing? That makes zero sense.

bryanee

You can't really go into these movies like that. You know they are going to overcome the bad guy. It's specifics that should matter. The general outcome will always be obvious.

Its not just about overcoming the bad guy but more about using him as a big bad, a glorified henchman giving the league so much trouble that they need Supes to come back from the dead to help deal with him.

That fake Reddit leak a little while back is what I want. Steppenwolf being a threat for half the movie and then the league deals with him only for DS to turn up and push their shit in and then you bring Supes back into the fold.

Its the first Justice League movie and they need a villain worthy of that and Steppenwolf sure as hell isn't that.

That being said I'll give the henchman a shot but I don't see him being anything but disappointing.

Why would they job out Darkseid in the first Justice League movie to a team on their first outing? That makes zero sense.

Yet they did it the comics perfectly fine. It'll show the League having to really work as a team to defeat a foe that's so unstoppable.

He'll be jobbing regardless of what movie he's in.

ReiGun

Why not? It's not like there are many foes that could stand against the league.

There's tons, actually.

Starro
Despero
The Khund
Nekron and the Black Lanterns
Neron
The Crime Syndicate
The Legion of Doom/Injustice Gang/Anti-Justice League/whatever you wanna call them
Mongul w/ Warworld
Superboy Prime (We deserve this)
White Martians
Imperiex

Not to mention the enemies you can repurpose from characters' solo books. Sinestro, Circe, and the Ocean Master have all headlined League storylines.

Dead

well not really...yet
Kinda interesting, the guys from screenrant tweeting about various news postings about todays news and how they twist their words to fit certain "narratives"

eg

"Ben Affleck not happy with Batman script"
"Justice League merged in to two movies"
"Zack Snyder goes full marvel"

etc, etc. I don't believe in the supposed "anti-DC" bullshit, Just continued proof of the shoddiness of the so called enthusiast press.

Gleethor

Kinda interesting, the guys from screenrant tweeting about various news postings about todays news and how they twist their words to fit certain "narratives"

eg

etc, etc. I don't believe in the supposed "anti-DC" bullshit, Just continued proof of the shoddiness of the so called enthusiast press.

The shitstorm that was BvS reviews brought in tons of clicks as a result of the hyperbolic headline arms race surrounding the film's release. Enthusiast press will continue to run with this narrative until it is no longer profitable or popular to do so. Maybe if Suicide Squad hits it out the park, it'll help a little.

Ross61

Well, Justice League War and the arc that it based on was terrible. And I'm glad that they aren't using that story line.

Well, Justice League War and the arc that it based on was terrible. And I'm glad that they aren't using that story line.

Agreed. Worst depiction of Darkseid in just about any medium. Especially coming from Final Crisis. Hell, the Superman Animated Series even handled it better. New 52 JL (before Throne of Atlantis) is not the way to go for, well, anything.

Dead

well not really...yet
The screenrant podcast has some cool tidbits

re: The History scene

- Prologue to the film akin to Krypton sequence in MoS
- Humans are more viking like in appearance
- Amazonians not quite as fully armored in appearance yet. Rags, leathers, etc.
- Atlanteans more elven inspired with scale-ish armor

re: Batman

- Batman's Nightcrawler was based on a design from the 60s that Thomas Wayne worked on.
- New Batmobile is fucking LIT with missile launchers and gattling guns all over. Parademons confirmed for slaughterhoused
- Concept art of Alfred sitting in GUNNER'S CHAIR OPERATING A FUCKING TURRET inside the Flying Fox

- Cyborg's role, his intro is very reminiscent of Nu52 JL original arc.
- Cyborg has full on battle mode. Full helmet, two additional arms can come out, all turn into guns.

Ashhong

Damn I'm so pumped after reading the BMS article. It sounds like a live action JL cartoon, which is all I want. Down to the Batman dialogue and tone

shingi70

Banned
Really excited for that Cyborg/Flash combo. Cyborg probably the guy who has a stick up his arse and Flash is a fucking hippie.

Have you seen any thing with cynorgbin it, he's typically as funny as his partner just a bit more serious. Take Teen Titans or the Justice Leaguenanimtednfilms for example.

So what's the problem, Schwein?

that we won't know until we see the movie.. in late 2017 :(. I know Zack's films aren't saturated with jokes, but we won't how director driven this film is until it comes out. They could go go the Marvel/Disney route with massive reshoots.

I wonder if we'll get more movie announcements at SDCC and they decided to lump Shazam in with stuff like Blue & Gold. Spin offs that are in universe but not necessarily JL related (but could be, provided if it's popular enough).

Seems like a good move for WB, they want to show they're committed to their movie universe and announcements are cheap. Having Tatum and Rock on stage would be cool too.

Posted in this thread yet?

Justice League Set Visit http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/set-justice-league-21-things-need-know/

story spoilers
Willem Defoe's playing
an Atlantean
Commissioner Gordon meets Diana
Parademons are actively appearing in the plot

Never would have guessed Dafoe as that character. For one,
Vulko is ultimately a bad guy, which Dafoe said he wasn't. Vulko is also a bit more stockier than Dafoe.

gamz

eg

Not all that interesting and expected. Too many websites needs clicks. That's really it.

bryanee

What would the second JL movie be about then?

Personally I can't wait to see the parademons on screen again in a more prominent way. I loved their look in BVS

Legion of Doom baby or the Crime Syndicate. God I get excited just thinking about either of those in a JL movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom