• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

My store isn't coming up either, but I find it hard to believe my area would be out already. I'm just going to walk in when they open to buy it, try my luck.

Nothing within 250 miles of my zipcode. There's just no way, a month in advance it would be sold out like that.

a916

Cause they want to win him over in some capacity. Sticking your head in the sand like some around here would suggest isn't going to change anything. Also, he states in the Collider video he hasn't been on a WB set visit in years.

They specifically picked those who didn't like BvS:

http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/

Honestly can't wait to see what you all think.

It's not about picking someone who was negative... its about NOT picking someone who actually had glee over how bad of a movie it was. You want someone who didn't like the movie? Throw a rock and I bet you'll hit someone.

It's not about picking someone who was negative... its about NOT picking someone who actually had glee over how bad of a movie it was. You want someone who didn't like the movie? Throw a rock and I bet you'll hit someone.

It's still more constructive to try to have a conversation with someone like that.

This is coming from someone who found themselves in a similar situation. I didn't have outright glee over stuff, but I was a negative individual about a game. I was brought out, as part of a group, to play the game before it released to give feedback. I, and the other more negative ones attending, faced similar backlash from the community. "Why do they have to go? They're just going to shit on the game. You should send REAL fans, not people like them" and so on.

Sometimes you just don't want back slaps or diplomatic responses. The person who is most likely to just tell you how they feel are people like Devin.

He's an asshole with how he interacts with people online, no denying that, but his complaints are valid and important to listen to if you're trying to wrap your head around the response to these films.

jombag

So when do you think this scene they're all describing be shown. I wanna see it! My guess is this year's comic con

that would be released through some shitty cam leak.

i hope they cut a legit comic con trailer and release that online. i've gotta see flash, aquaman and cyborg, outside of their terrible youtube cameos in BvS.

antovolk

that would be released through some shitty cam leak.

i hope they cut a legit comic con trailer and release that online. i've gotta see flash, aquaman and cyborg, outside of their terrible youtube cameos in BvS.

don't expect that for another year. First teaser will probably be with Rogue One.

a916

It's still more constructive to try to have a conversation with someone like that.

This is coming from someone who found themselves in a similar situation. I didn't have outright glee over stuff, but I was a negative individual about a game. I was brought out, as part of a group, to play the game before it released to give feedback. I, and the other more negative ones attending, faced similar backlash from the community. "Why do they have to go? They're just going to shit on the game. You should send REAL fans, not people like them" and so on.

Sometimes you just don't want back slaps or diplomatic responses. The person who is most likely to just tell you how they feel are people like Devin.

He's an asshole with how he interacts with people online, no denying that, but his complaints are valid and important to listen to if you're trying to wrap your head around the response to these films.

I agree with both of these, but I feel like there's enough people who aren't an asshole and can give you their real opinion where you can avoid someone like that.

I don't get the placement of the star though.

Clf_ir9WIAASUaV.jpg:large

According to Affleck, Justice League will be at SDCC this year. Have to imagine we get something.

Also curious how in various descriptions and concept art
Aquaman isn't mentioned much. Guessing WW tries recruiting him earlier in the film and he's not interested in surface problems. Something sparks him into action for later in the film. Helps to focus on Flash and Cyborg at first. Second half gives Aquaman and the team as a team room to shine.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
All of you better tweet Junkie XL to use the MoS theme when Superman is back.

All of you better tweet Junkie XL to use the MoS theme when Superman is back.

I hope he goes in the direction he went with some of the tracks for 300 Rise of an Empire. Some of those tracks (Marathon, Greeks are Winning) sound like B-side Man of Steel tracks. I wouldn't mind seeing some fleshed out themes and less use of them blaring every time one of the characters pops up on screen. Or is that a Snyder decision? Cause that shit got old, quick. Whenever Batman shows up, I don't need his WWE entrance theme from the top every single time.

antovolk

damn that would be a shame. they released the suicide squad one a little over a year before the release.

only because it got leaked. was never planned to be released.

We'll get teasers with Rogue One and Kong Skull Island probably, then a full trailer for Wonder Woman, and final with probably Blade Runner 2.

Penguin

damn that would be a shame. they released the suicide squad one a little over a year before the release.

They also have two movies in-between now and next Comic con

We'll get the first look of the full League, but have to imagine Wonder Woman will be the focus with a side of Squad since out 2 weeks after

strafer

im really disappointed that Junkie is doing the score honestly.

They should have gone with James Newton Howard or Michael Giachinno.

Yup this was my biggest compliant. A lot of fans hated the movie and I myself found lots of problems with it, though I still liked it. I have no issue with critics who hate it, but I personally can't stand trolls who foam at the mouth at the opportunity to criticize the DCEU for internet clicks. With all that said, now that we know their goal I'm actually okay with this. Grace Randolph made a great point when it comes to the critics, in that it is important to have a relationship with them. Obviously she went overboard when she accused Disney of buying reviews, but there was a good nugget of truth in her statement. A lot of critics have big egos and it only helps when a studio massages said egos. What Marvel has been doing a good job of is inviting critics and press to the set to watch production underway. It gets the critics involved and creates a relationship and usually this helps with reviews because it is harder to bash something you were invited to/met the actors.

Now, with all that said and without getting into spoilers, in terms of the new direction the that the DCEU is headed I'm super hyped. I'm honestly shocked that we got so much information about JL this early out before comic-con, but now I'm super stoked to see our first official images of the movie.

Raptor

im really disappointed that Junkie is doing the score honestly.

They should have gone with James Newton Howard or Michael Giachinno.

Junkie did Mad Max thou, so a Brothers in Arms kinda track will be glorious now that is off Zimmer influence.

:O

strafer

Junkie did Mad Max thou, so a Brothers in Arms kinda track will be glorious now that is off Zimmer influence.

:O

That's true. That score was dope. Even though I didn't like the movie that much. It wasn't bad or anything, visually stunning and all that jazz. But it didn't click with me.

a916

what? no way. it's a heroic track dude.

and yeah i always played it in the mad max game whenever i was going after a convoy. made the moment that much more epic.

There's a heroic part but there's another part, the one that's prevalent in "Escape". That sound would fit in the Dark Knight and Ledgers Joker too

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
hans-zimmer3.jpg

Don't leave us! Not now, this is when we need you the most :( Just finish the trilogy man...

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
you know who did leave us...James Horner. It still breaks my heart.

:(

Yeah, was thinking what DC movie he could have scored. Maybe Wonder Woman? WB better not drop the ball in that regard, I want great music from all of these movies. That and great cinematography. One way to set yourself apart from Marvel.

antovolk

Nice interview with Snyder about the BvS UC that was buried a bit under the JL stuff:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...tman-v-superman-exclusive-interview/86138530/

Hardest to deal with was the perception that he wasn’t being “true to canon” and didn’t adore these characters. “That was upsetting and made me evaluate myself and where I was with the movies and what I wanted to say with them."

Prepping Justice League, Snyder monitored Internet chatter about Dawn of Justice for the good and especially the bad. “It’s been an interesting experience to analyze the negative stuff to find out what the point of view is," he says. "How do I move forward and use that constructively?"

He has taken a lot of the criticism to heart, particularly in terms of tone, though Justice League was always going to be more uplifting than BvS for its team-building aspect alone. He says the next movie will be a celebration of these heroes.

Dawn of Justice ended with Batman inspired by Superman’s sacrifice to be a good man and “to be awesome,” says Snyder. "That message, that humanity can do better and Batman wanting to nurture that, is the place I want to go.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom