• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally some good fucking news.

Reeves as director is a fantastic choice and Nightwing solo would open up the possibility for some Batfam goodness.

Probably waiting on the script to be done. Remember, they had to do that page one re-write.

it's kinda weird how that writer is behind the new King Arthur AND Robin Hood, seems like WB wants him to be their medieval boy now or some shit.

I wonder how any of those factored into them putting him on Flash, or why.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Also, for some reason I really don't want Reverse Flash to be in the first Flash movie as the main villain. I have a hard time with all these speedsters on the Flash TV show and the fact they lose their luster being shoved down our throats. Barry's accident that gives him his powers needs to feel like a 1 in a billion chance and that his powers are one of a kind... for a while. I hope they stick to the Rogues for the first movie and bring back Boomerang. It would appear that he'll have been the Flash for a good two+ years in Central City by the time his own movie comes out, which is more than enough time for his Rogue's gallery to balloon and give us Captain Cold, Heatwave, Mirror Master, Pied Piper, Trickster, etc.

Ross61

I don't really know why people count Seth Grahame-Smith as a lost. It's been pretty much confirmed that they kicked him off get someone with more experience. I mean look at his resume and tell me he is someone who should be given the key to a 150M+ dollar movie on his directorial debut.

The only real lose where Lord and Miller not stepping up to the director plate because of that Star Wars money and losing Rick Famuyiwa because of clashing visions.

Haters asking how you market Nightwing to make him interesting for the general audience,
seriously has to be one of the dumbest questions I have seen related to comic movies.

Not that I think he particularly needs a solo movie.
(DCEU TV series on HBO would be damn good though.)

Penguin

I don't really know why people count Seth Grahame-Smith as a lost. It's been pretty much confirmed that they kicked him off get someone with more experience. I mean look at his resume and tell me he is someone who should be given the key to a 150M+ dollar movie on his directorial debut.

The only real lose where Lord and Miller not stepping up to the director plate because of that Star Wars money and losing Rick Famuyiwa because of clashing visions.

Though I will say he shouldn't direct, but based off LEGO Batman... maybe should reconsider his script

Ross61

As much as I wish they could DC and WB can't just snap their fingers and make CN or HBO shows just like that. Especially CN.

Busty

Banned

giphy.gif

I think it's completely silly mentality, but this is part of the reason that folks online start gaining this DCEU persecution complex

Right or wrong, folks like to REALLY push the negative angle because they know it gets reactions from both ends.

He is a complete Warner Brothers and DCEU apologist though.

Busty

Banned

My problem is how he doubles down on it knowing full well it will be at least a year before any of this comes to fruition if it comes to fruition at all.

I'd take Kroll and Sneider's word over Campea's any day of the fucking week and twice on Sundays.

Penguin

That's not how folks see it

Folks see it as him dog-piling on them... and other sites and blogs that run the articles with similar intentions.

Like said, I think it's a silly mentality... but I've seen it happen to a lot of folks on social media.

That's not how folks see it

Folks see it as him dog-piling on them... and other sites and blogs that run the articles with similar intentions.

Like said, I think it's a silly mentality... but I've seen it happen to a lot of folks on social media.
Ultimately what will happen is that more and more users will start to disregard their "content" as their trustworthiness continues to erode.

At least, that's what I hope.

Ultimately what will happen is that more and more users will start to disregard their "content" as their trustworthiness continues to erode.

At least, that's what I hope.

The thing covering them though is at least for Collider Movie Talk, Jedi Counsel, etc.
They don't normally do stuff like this, they always source others for their discussions and stories.
(at least in the last 3ish months I have started following them.)

a916

Clicks, attention, feeling important, not wanting to be wrong, etc.

I follow him and he definitely has that air of arrogance. I think this might partly having to do with the twitter storm that followed when Affleck tweeted a picture last night... sounds like he was going after the people that came at him.

Frosty is way more even keel and he kinda went after a few people too that chirped him too. It's only natural to clap back.

DC Fanboys think he's anti DC and Marvel fans think the opposite lol... you really can't win as a critic.

The thing covering them though is at least for Collider Movie Talk, Jedi Counsel, etc.
They don't normally do stuff like this, they always source others for their discussions and stories.

Been following them for about 4ish years and they rarely, and I mean rarely break any sort of scoop. Schnepp has dropped more rumors than the others combined. And even then, it's mostly just what he's hearing and not any actual scoop. They actually do a really good job of prefacing any sort of rumor with a lot of disclaimers... hell he said no one should run with his Affleck thing and yet everyone did ignoring the context of his statement (which is disingenuous and really poor reporting)

ryan299

Been following them for about 4ish years and they rarely, and I mean rarely break any sort of scoop. Schnepp has dropped more rumors than the others combined. And even then, it's mostly just what he's hearing and not any actual scoop. They actually do a really good job of prefacing any sort of rumor with a lot of disclaimers... hell he said no one should run with his Affleck thing and yet everyone did ignoring the context of his statement (which is disingenuous and really poor reporting)

I still remember them insisting that Snoke was Plagieus and when they were told they were wrong they removed the discussion from the video and blamed Disney for it. lol

That makes more sense.

I follow him and he definitely has that air of arrogance. I think this might partly having to do with the twitter storm that followed when Affleck tweeted a picture last night... sounds like he was going after the people that came at him.

Frosty is way more even keel and he kinda went after a few people too that chirped him too. It's only natural to clap back.

DC Fanboys think he's anti DC and Marvel fans think the opposite lol... you really can't win as a critic.
Well, there's a lot negative feelings on the topic and they are delusional if they don't think people are going to react negatively to it.
I still remember them insisting that Snoke was Plagieus and when they were told they were wrong they removed the discussion from the video and blamed Disney for it. lol
lol, no shame.

a916

I think that's way different than this situation. That's them speculating like any of us would do on message boards. The Affleck thing was him coming out and saying "so I heard..." whereas the Snoke thing was "he has a stick, Plageus has a stick... therefore"

J_Viper

To be fair, the picture he posted when he welcomed Matt Reeves was of HIS FACE WITH THE FUCKING BATSUIT ON

I don't see him leaving now

Ben probably wants out cause the dude is burnt the fuck out after the past year.

I remember an interview with Josh Brolin where he said he was done with acting after filming something else and passed on Sicario the first time around and Deakins called him later on and told him to stop being an idiot and he signed on for it. He said in that moment he felt like he wanted to stop, but realized he just needed a break.

Ben will probably have to do nothing this entire year until press for Justice League in November cause I don't see the Batman filming until the back half of this year at the earliest.

He might have a different outlook when he's actually had 8 months to sit on his ass and do nothing instead of filming movies, doing press tours for multiple movies, and doing post production on another, all while trying to get the biggest project of his career off the ground.

To be fair, the picture he posted when he welcomed Matt Reeves was of HIS FACE WITH THE FUCKING BATSUIT ON

I don't see him leaving now

He was absolutely never going to officially be out immediately. That would torpedo Wonder Woman and Justice League.

1. Everything is fine
2. He will be in The Batman but that finishes his contract.
3. He won't be in The Batman so it is undergoing a major rehab, confirmation won't come till after Justice League.

a916

He was absolutely never going to officially be out immediately. That would torpedo Wonder Woman and Justice League.

1. Everything is fine
2. He will be in The Batman but that finishes his contract.
3. He won't be in The Batman so it is undergoing a major rehab, confirmation won't come till after Justice League.

Confirmation won't come out until after Batman... imagine doing press tour of Justice League or even Batman and all everyone keeps asking is 'WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? WHY DOES THIS MOVIE SUCK???"

Ross61

The guy who at first said to take his words with a grain of salt and made a whole letter admonishing sites for running with the story has now doubled down on it.

The guy who at first said to take his words with a grain of salt and made a whole letter admonishing sites for running with the story has now doubled down on it.

Well he doubled down that next morning when he had the source saying it was mutual from WB's side.

Confirmation won't come out until after Batman... imagine doing press tour of Justice League or even Batman and all everyone keeps asking is 'WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? WHY DOES THIS MOVIE SUCK???"
Yeah if its #2 it wouldn't be confirmed until after Batman released or a different actor shows up on set for JL2, Sirens, Nightwing.

I think that's way different than this situation. That's them speculating like any of us would do on message boards. The Affleck thing was him coming out and saying "so I heard..." whereas the Snoke thing was "he has a stick, Plageus has a stick... therefore"

No I remember there was this Spanish magazine that used traced over Plagueis art to depict Snoke and then John was going on and on about his "Disney guys" basically confirmed thats what he looks like by saying thats not what he does not look like or somesuch nonsense

I'm sorry, how was other people running with the scoop he decided to to run with himself disingenuous? How about not saying anything about the rumor in the first place?

a916

I'm sorry, how was other people running with the scoop he decided to to run with himself disingenuous? How about not saying anything about the rumor in the first place?

It's disingenuous to run with part of the quote and not the entire quote. The quote that he started out multiple times stating that he cannot vouch for the validity, and while he trusts the source, it's from multiple degrees of separation. He also said take it with a grain of salt... instead "news" reporters dropped that part of the quote and led with "AFFLECK WANTS OUT"

It's in poor taste to leave out the context and intent behind that quote.

Ashhong

He was just having a private conversation with a few friends. How was he supposed to know thousands of people would see it and media outlets would run with it?!

ryan299

I think Campea and Harloff said they had multiple sources who told them the image of Snoke from the art book was 100% Plagieus.

Man thinking more about it,
Jesus Nightwing's and Batgirl's fighting styles would be so cool to see if they were handled as well as Batman's was in the warehouse fight.
Nightwing a bit like Cap in Winter Soldier.
+
giphy.gif

Ross61

It's weird how this thread slowed down when we got actual news/rumors to discuss
I know right. After all the pages with complaining about negative news reports/rumors and constant arguments we finally get some spectacular news and everyone's like "meh, that's cool."

I don't get this thread sometimes.

On topic, people seem to want to keep Dick Romani but can't name a Romani actor.....

IconGrist

Is that really so confusing? Bad news around here leads to speculation of it all crumbling down. Good news is "oh, it's fine. Nothing to see here, folks."

Ashhong

Not that much to discuss regarding the one bit of good news. Bad news goes a long way because there's a lot to speculate, not to mention the drive by posts by randos which keeps it going.

Plus, LIonPride isn't around to poke the DCEU bear

Ninjimbo

Is that really so confusing? Bad news around here leads to speculation of it all crumbling down. Good news is "oh, it's fine. Nothing to see here, folks."
That's the way it always is. I'm into sports so I consume a lot of sports media and over there it's no different. A underdog team wins a championship but all the focus and attention goes towards how the champion collapses or all the drama going on in management. It's a dumb blame game year round.

Anyways, to be honest, I suck at speculation so I don't do it much. I was never one to discuss gossip too much either. I'm just waiting for the JL trailer right now. Hopefully it arrives with Kongu.

Also, I don't know shit about Nightwing lol. He's cool as hell design-wise but I've never read a comic of his in my life. How are the villains in his series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom