• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

There's nothing to speculate about the good news. No hope or speculation about The Batman or Nightwing. Or hell, even GL Corps Or JLD? Nothing?

We should talk about which Nightwing story can be adapted? I think the Grayson graphic novel may be a good starting point to overcome his prior absence and from there get back to Nightwing. What do you guys think?

Ross61

I'm really interested if they would set the story in Bludhaven and how they would differentiate it aesthetically from Gotham.

We should talk about which Nightwing story can be adapted? I think the Grayson graphic novel may be a good starting point to overcome his prior absence and from there get back to Nightwing. What do you guys think?

He really should have been in Suicide Squad, that theory was amazing and would be a perfect fit.

With Nightwing definitely happening I think he has to be in Sirens,
Preferably paired with a Batgirl but partnering with the BOP as the antagonists would be alright.

Bludhaven taking on a Kowloon vibe would be neat. Nolan mined some of that imagery along with Blade Runner for Batman Begins' Narrows. That type of congestion makes Nightwing flipping from rooftop to rooftop semi-believable.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I would love it if they did flash backs in the Nightwing movie to when he was Robin working with Batman, but I know a lot of people hate that method of story telling. Also, you'd need to have Ben be in the movie for a lot more than a cameo if that were the case, which it seems he's not up for at this point.

I don't read Nightwing, so I have no idea what his current story lines and villains are. I wonder if they would include Oracle or Batgirl in his movie? If they can cameo her into Gotham City Sirens first, expand her role a little in Nightwing, then spin her off into her own movie, I'd be down with that.

I don't read Nightwing, so I have no idea what his current story lines and villains are. I wonder if they would include Oracle or Batgirl in his movie? If they can cameo her into Gotham City Sirens first, expand her role a little in Nightwing, then spin her off into her own movie, I'd be down with that.

Sirens = Nightwing & Batgirl or Nightwing & BOP (lead by Oracle)
Nightwing = Barbara reference, Starfire or Raven introduced(even just a credit scene or cliff-hanger).

He really should have been in Suicide Squad, that theory was amazing and would be a perfect fit.

Preferably paired with a Batgirl but partnering with the BOP as the antagonists would be alright.
That would be an approach to be considered, also it's important that by the end of his film there's no doubt that he is a more than capable heir to the cowl. I really like his character more than Batman so I hope he's done good by the adaptation.

Ross61

I don't think BOP are gonna be in Sirens.

I don't think BOP are gonna be in Sirens.

It was pretty heavily rumored as their own movie but then Sirens was announced.
Now its just heavily speculation they will be the antagonists.
Makes sense and i'd love it but im not betting on it.
Batgirl and Nightwing would be so good in that role though.(Barbara is the least Batgirl I want in the current day DCEU but it would work good for Sirens and Nightwing)

Ross61

It was pretty heavily rumored as their own movie but then Sirens was announced.
Now its just heavily speculation they will be the antagonists.
Makes sense and i'd love it but im not betting on it.
Batgirl and Nightwing would be so good in that roll though.(Barbara is the least Batgirl I want in the current day DCEU but it would work good for Sirens and Nightwing)
There was really rumored when Sirens was announced and a totally different writer then what was rumored. I'm for sure certain that Christina Dodson is writing BOP while Geneva Dworet-Robertson is writing GCS.

Ashhong

All this talk is going over my head now :( I only watch the DCAU and EU...

Is there an animated series with Nightwing? I think he was in the Under the Red Hood movie right? That's the only thing I've seen him in

All this talk is going over my head now :( I only watch the DCAU and EU...

Is there an animated series with Nightwing? I think he was in the Under the Red Hood movie right? That's the only thing I've seen him in

series:
The New Batman Adventures
Young Justice - S2
Teen Titans - How long is forever
Batman Brave and the Bold

movies:
Under The Red Hood
Son of Batman
Batman vs Robin
Batman Bad Blood
Justice League vs Teen Titans
Teen Titans Judas Contract(releases March)

He was going to have his own series
nightwing_raven_by_blacksataguni-d55vq4s.jpg

nightwing_1_by_blacksataguni-d55vpqw.jpg

nightwing_dick_grayson_by_blacksataguni-d55vpi4.jpg
But they canned it when Young Justice began.

Ashhong

Cool thanks I'll check those out.

And Under the Red Hood adaptation seems like a no brainer to me with how they've set up Batman. They could even have him retire at the end and it would make sense

Cool thanks I'll check those out.

And Under the Red Hood adaptation seems like a no brainer to me with how they've set up Batman. They could even have him retire at the end and it would make sense

Under The Red Hood is basically what I anticipated The Batman would be since the Robin suit was revealed originally.

Grayson (the series) seems like it might fit well, and other different circumstances I'd be advocating for it, but right now there's kind of a crisis in the fandom over WB pushing "noncanon" angles. So I think there's 2 ways this could go:

1) Ben stays on as Bats post The Batman. Nightwing movie is about Dick Grayson as Nightwing. There's plenty of good/great stories there, either with him as the head of a team or operating solo. Having it focus on him in Bloodhaven could be really great.

2) Ben leaves as Batman; whoever their pick for Dick is takes over. In that case, I'd say that his first outing would probably be a Battle for the Cowl sort of thing, maybe merged with Under the Red Hood to introduce Jason as the opponent. After that, I think they'd probably stick with existing Dick Bats stuff, so his Batman and Robin lead, maybe even a Black Mirror movie.

I think he'll leave after a couple Batman movies. All this rumbling of leaving and his insecurities as a director surfaced due to career burnout most likely. Dude was hella busy these last two years and the divorce looks like it hit him hard too

Seems like he has a pretty lengthy break doing nothing until batman starts filming tho. Maybe it will let him refresh. And if the movie ends up being received well I dont see it taking much convincing to keep him on. Handing over the cowl in the sequel would be a good time to pass it off.

shingi70

Banned
I wonder how they're going to retrofit Nightwing, from BvS I assumed their gad only been one Robin and he died.

There's alot of expand history from BvS that can be expound upon.

Ashhong

Also some kind of good news... at least for me so don't have to hear about it, BvS didn't win the Razzies for Worst Picture

But it lost to some small random movie I've never heard of. I think if it was among only like more mainstream hollywood movies it would have won

Is it so hard to publish some pics where she's smiling? I like the pics, but they aren't doing themselves any favors with the haters by always showing her bewildered reaction face

It's weird how this thread slowed down when we got actual news/rumors to discuss

Haha, I'm like the sadistic DC fan. I'm not really enthused for Nightwing news at all, I feel like the slate is already kind of bloated and the more Batman spin offs that get announced the less likely the non Batman films make it off the ground. Being a DC fan for everything not Batman is like suffering. In the perfect world everything comes out, but in the pragmatic world, everything with Batman or Harley attached gets priority and other properties stay in development hell.

To me, Nightwing/Dick hasn't really ever struck a chord. The most remarkable thing Dick has been in for me is the Titans, or being Robin. I've never been excited about his solo efforts, I think it's because he's had issues getting a good rogue's gallery.

I know ya'll hate Marvel comparisons, but I have to admire that they got their movies going without their main money makers (Spider-man & X-men). TBF they're kind of already shoving Iron Man into a lot of their other films.

I guess I'm complaining about nothing so far since nothing has really been canned, but I think having a director picked out for a Nightwing solo film but not any of the 2019 films that have been slated for ages speaks volumes. They could be prepping him to replace Ben or they could just really want to cash in on the Batbrand. Personally though, while I think Ben did a great job in BvS, I think they could swap him out like they did with Keaton and I'd be perfectly fine. I don't need an in universe explanation.

Anyway, almost 3 months until WW and I'm excited.

But it lost to some small random movie I've never heard of. I think if it was among only like more mainstream hollywood movies it would have won

Is it so hard to publish some pics where she's smiling? I like the pics, but they aren't doing themselves any favors with the haters by always showing her bewildered reaction face
I'm sure she should be smiling all the time in the midst of all killing of WWI.

Sure, that makes sense.

You know who could work as a sub villain for Nightwing,
Arrow has made no attempt at her and it would now be pointless without Roy around.
And Roy isn't likely in the DCEU so take Cheshire and give her to Nightwing as a contracter maybe even for Deathstroke.

Even potentially keeping the flirting/potential relationship angle.

Setsuna

Nah

X men apocalypse and Star Trek Beyond came out last year

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.superherohype.com/news/391663-chris-mckay-on-why-he-likes-nightwing-as-a-movie

Chris McKay on Nightwing

“Bruce Wayne in my mind came from privilege and I think that’s why he’s more dour and angry. He’s self-made as far as his becoming all of these cool things we like him for… Dick Grayson didn’t come from that. Dick Grayson came from a circus family. Essentially people who aren’t rich and they are self-made. They’re entertainers. They’re gymnasts. They’re people who live hand-to-mouth and that’s something that informs him and his attitude… he’s a fascinating guy to me, because he had all the same things happen to him. He’s got some of the same negatives as Bruce Wayne and then from a society standpoint — obviously he was adopted into Bruce Wayne’s life… but he didn’t start that way. He’s this guy who has all these negatives and then even more negatives and yet he remains… Those are things why I like Dick Grayson, why I like the idea of Nightwing as a movie.”

Birds of Prey in GCS: Big NO to that.

You already have 2 iconic female characters to set up.Why juggle more in the mix just for a lame catfight.

My original thought was a mad scientist villain like TO Morrow who could play to all their strengths. With Catwoman being wellversed in industrial espionage/sabotage, Ivy being a scientist herself, and Harley being an expert psychologist

Birds of Prey in GCS: Big NO to that.

You already have 2 iconic female characters to set up.Why juggle more in the mix just for a lame catfight.

My original thought was a mad scientist villain like TO Morrow who could play to all their strengths. With Catwoman being wellversed in industrial espionage/sabotage, Ivy being a scientist herself, and Harley being an expert psychologist

The BoP wouldn't need much setup as antagonists.
Sirens doing dumb shit, a team of 3 women show up to stop them.
"Oh it's Bratgirl and her team" is all that needs to be said of them really.

The BoP wouldn't need much setup as antagonists.
Sirens doing dumb shit, a team of 3 women show up to stop them.
"Oh it's Bratgirl and her team" is all that needs to be said of them really.

Thats so not true. Maybe that'd work in a cartoon.

And like I said it'd be terrible to just pit girls against girls for no real reason. Wouldnt put it past a David Ayer type though to be honest

Sounds (dare I say it?) kinda dark.

I Iike the idea of Nightwing taking on assassins like Chesire from the DC universe. While Bats is out saving the world, Nightwing could be doing Young Justice type shit and leading black ops against villain organizations.
No world saving shit please, OK? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom