• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

This is honestly what they should have done to begin with.

WB fucked up by doing an event movie and then announcing the whole slate.

They should have started with Solo movies with light references to each other. So we knew they were all in the same universe. Sure MoS got mixed reception, but they could have done better with a sequel.

And they should have ALWAYS spun off the Batman universe. I mean thanks to Suicide Squad we are getting a Sirens movie. 3 characters straight from Batman's universe.

Penguin

Curious if the Batman news hitting with the Nightwing news is setting up Batman/Affleck being replaced by Grayson

Like maybe ends with him taking up the mantle and then Nightwing could kind of give you his origins/backstory leading up to The Batman.

a916

Justin Kroll

It's not this movie I'm worried about... it's the ones coming after it.

Curious if the Batman news hitting with the Nightwing news is setting up Batman/Affleck being replaced by Grayson

Like maybe ends with him taking up the mantle and then Nightwing could kind of give you his origins/backstory leading up to The Batman.

Y'all are crazy... we're in a cinematic universe where Bruce Wayne retires half a solo movie in and no one thinks that's a dumb idea?

Loxley

Justin Kroll

No no no no. I'm gonna need to see video of Affleck in-costume, on his knees, swearing allegiance to WB and kissing Zach Snyder's hand before I believe he's still involved.

Until I see that, as far as I'm concerned he doesn't want to be Batman anymore and is trying to get out of his contract.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Y'all are crazy... we're in a cinematic universe where Bruce Wayne retires half a solo movie in and no one thinks that's a dumb idea?
I do think it's crazy, but I can't put it past them at this stage. They wrote themselves into a corner by making Batman 45/50 years old in his first appearance in this universe. I can't see Ben playing this character for another 10 years. They should've had a Batman in his early 30's in BvS (5-6 years on the job) then gone from there.

firelogic

I do think it's crazy, but I can't put it past them at this stage. They wrote themselves into a corner by making Batman 45/50 years old in his first appearance in this universe. I can't see Ben playing this character for another 10 years. They should've had a Batman in his early 30's in BvS (5-6 years on the job) then gone from there.

Nah. I like that they went for an older Batman. He doesn't need to play the character for 10 years. I'm all for replacing him with a younger Dick Grayson after 3 Batfleck appearances. People are just way too resistant to change. Nolan's Batman was just as dumb. He looks like he's 30 when he puts on the cowl and then he's retired in like 6 years because his body is more broken down than a 70 year old.

It's baffling why people don't want to see new and different things. Why do so many people just want the status quo? Smiling boyscout Superman from the get-go. A young Batman with a strict no-kill policy. Traditional Joker. BOOOOORING.

a916

Nah. I like that they went for an older Batman. He doesn't need to play the character for 10 years. I'm all for replacing him with a younger Dick Grayson after 3 Batfleck appearances. People are just way too resistant to change. Nolan's Batman was just as dumb. He looks like he's 30 when he puts on the cowl and then he's retired in like 6 years because his body is more broken down than a 70 year old.

It's baffling why people don't want to see new and different things. Why do so many people just want the status quo? Smiling boyscout Superman from the get-go. A young Batman with a strict no-kill policy. Traditional Joker. BOOOOORING.

You can have Bruce Wayne and still do different things. Getting rid of Bruce this quickly is incredibly short sighted and dumb. You can still do Nightwing with a younger Batman

Why worry? This shit it's getting rebooted!!! Wooden Woman is gonna bomb and Justice League is a mess that'll get a 0% RT score!!! Haven't you read GAF insiders, youtube shitlords and Batman on Film? If you can't believe them who are you going to believe? THR, Variety? They are fake news!!! Get with the program.

:)

BadAss2961

We just got a newbie Batman trilogy. Ben's age shouldn't be a problem if he's willing to stay on board. Older Bruce just opens up new possibilities. A different set of stories, including the Bat family stuff we'll be getting. Then they could just cast accordingly around Batman's age like they've done with Simmons as Gordon... Maybe Catwoman will be an actress in her mid-late 30s, etc.

I don't know if anyone expected him to be in the role for 10+ years. 2-3 Batman movies, 2-3 Justice League movies, and some cameo appearances is ideal. That could be accomplished in like 8 years if things were to go smoothly. Then you could think about writing out Bruce. Ben would only be 52.

Ashhong

You can have Bruce Wayne and still do different things. Getting rid of Bruce this quickly is incredibly short sighted and dumb. You can still do Nightwing with a younger Batman

They can still have Bruce though. We could have BvS, JL, The Batman, and maybe even JL2 with Affleck. I'd be content with that

a916

Welcome to the Batcave, @MattReevesLA
- Affleck just tweeted out.

C5ZUIQ2XMAI-HTE.jpg:large

We just got a newbie Batman trilogy. Ben's age shouldn't be a problem if he's willing to stay on board. Older Bruce just opens up new possibilities. A different set of stories, including the Bat family stuff we'll be getting. Then they could just cast accordingly around Batman's age like they've done with Simmons as Gordon... Maybe Catwoman will be an actress in her mid-late 30s, etc.

I don't know if anyone expected him to be in the role for 10+ years. 2-3 Batman movies, 2-3 Justice League movies, and some cameo appearances is ideal. That could be accomplished in like 8 years if things were to go smoothly. Then you could think about writing out Bruce. Ben would only be 52.

I would be okay with this... except the rumors are they are writing him out half way into his first solo movie.

IconGrist

Complete off topic, but I have to ask because people keep alluding to it: What happened to the homie Faraci?

Made some comment condemning Trump for grabbing women, then a woman claimed he grabbed her, Faraci said he didnt remember doing it but wouldn't flat out deny doing it so he left Twitter.

a916

We can't have good things...

Steven Weintraub

I love Affleck as Batman. Love. But no matter what Ben tweets or says real possibility he's done as Bruce Wayne or only does one more movie.

a916

Or no one knows what's going to happen.

Frosty is adamant on twitter... he's referencing the time when Ben went on TV said he was still directing and then he (Frosty) went on twitter and said it's not happening. He seem so sure of himself that I'm going to believe him.

Boke1879

Frosty is adamant on twitter... he's referencing the time when Ben went on TV said he was still directing and then he (Frosty) went on twitter and said it's not happening. He seem so sure of himself that I'm going to believe him.

I mean he could be right. He's providing himself some cover though. He's either out soon or after the Batman film. Im sure a lot of factors are involved though. What if JL turns out decent? What if The Batman is a fucking huge mega hit? I'm sure plans will change.

was so bummed out about the Bat side of things going to shit with Suicide Squad and all its garbage characters and then Affleck bailing.

but this one two punch of an upgrade in the director's chair and rumblings of Nightwing....beautiful.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It's also quite amusing to see the Reeves and Nightwing threads only go to like 5 pages... No one likes to talk about positive news, lol.

Penguin

It's also quite amusing to see the Reeves and Nightwing threads only go to like 5 pages... No one likes to talk about positive news, lol.

It's a GAF (Well really internet staple) that negative news just draws more attention, it's kind of a sad human trait at times.

But easier to talk about something upset with then happy with, I guess.

Boke1879

Nah, Frosty pretty much is saying he's done after the Batman film and Kroll is saying he's in The Batman. Kroll is just going after the people that panicked when WB didn't mention Affleck in the press release.

And that could very well be true, but what if it's a huge hit and spawns another trilogy. Can't see Ben walking away from that. But then again. people have their reasons.

Penguin

Nah, Frosty pretty much is saying he's done after the Batman film and Kroll is saying he's in The Batman. Kroll is just going after the people that panicked when WB didn't mention Affleck in the press release.

"I don't care about anything evidence pointing otherwise, Affleck is still out after Batman!"

Oh sure, he'll be gone after that

But that's like 2 years from now

Let's make it a deal then.

Dude would also be like 47/48 at that point.

I agree to just stop it. At least for now.

Whatever's going through Affleck's head, what's best is for people to stop stirring drama and just blow up his twitter with support right now.

Nah, what's best is for people to just leave him alone and not blow up his Twitter with anything, even support, right now. He needs time to breathe, relax, and regain focus on himself, loved ones, and his work, no distractions.

If this is the end, I believe it completely if only because both sides are utterly and completely overwhelming him at a time when he needs to do and enjoy what he does most. A Batman film for him has been a passion project for a long time, and the fact he's already not directing it is proof enough that shit's getting to him and it isn't all from just internal pressure. Wish others, even the fans, would recognize that and give him space.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Now the big question does Batman keep is vague 2018 date or pushed back?
That's what I asked earlier... Reeves still has to finish post production on Apes, he's scheduled to shoot a tv pilot, and has to make the press rounds for Apes when it opens in mid July.

Batman will take at least 3 months to shoot, so they might not even start until August. If they release August of 2018, I think they can do it, but if they try to hit an April release date, it's going to be really tough.

WhiteWolf

That's what I asked earlier... Reeves still has to finish post production on Apes, he's scheduled to shoot a tv pilot, and has to make the press rounds for Apes when it opens in mid July.

Batman will take at least 3 months to shoot, so they might not even start until August. If they release August of 2018, I think they can do it, but if they try to hit an April release date, it's going to be really tough.
They could push it to the fall 2018, October maybe right? I don't know the schedule, but a Batman film in October feels right to me (plus it's my birthday month).

Now the big question does Batman keep is vague 2018 date or pushed back?

I don't see it happening. Reeves has Apes until August. If he wants to actually have time to just focus on Batman, he'll probably want a couple months to do that. You're looking at October or November at that point. I'd say it starts early next year and slots into an early 2019 release date (end of March or April)

The only way it happens is if Aquaman moves up to summer and Batman takes it's October release date. However, that puts stress on not one, but two projects and one that will be effects heavy and doesn't even start filming until almost June.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
They could push it to the fall 2018, October maybe right? I don't know the schedule, but a Batman film in October feels right to me (plus it's my birthday month).
October 5th is Aquaman. That's why I'm guessing April or August for Batman. Both of those months have no other big time movie set for release yet.

a916

It really depends. I hate to bring out the M word... but Marvel shot, wrapped and released Dr Strange all within 12 months. WB seems to take ages with this stuff

J_Viper

9eI1DKU.png

Oh sure, he'll be gone after that

But that's like 2 years from now

Let's make it a deal then.

Dude would also be like 47/48 at that point.
If The Batman is successful, I really can't see him running away. I mean, age is just a number, look how ripped Sly Stallone was in his 60s.

The only way it happens is if Aquaman moves up to summer

I don't think this is an impossibility. Wan gets shit done

9eI1DKU.png

If The Batman is successful, I really can't see him running away. I mean, age is just a number, look how ripped Sly Stallone was in his 60s.

I don't think this is an impossibility. Wan gets shit done

Wan might get shit done, but the effects are going to take time.

Maybe Matt can win Ben over and ease his mind. It might just mean Ben sticks to Batman films until they have to twist his arm for a Justice League film.

Ninjimbo

If The Batman is received well and makes a ton of money, I don't see Ben walking away. The kind of support he'll get will push him forward.

If The Batman is received well and makes a ton of money, I don't see Ben walking away. The kind of support he'll get will push him forward.

Question is, do they commit before that? If the movie includes him handing over the cowl to Dick, it doesn't matter what happens, he's out.

Ninjimbo

Question is, do they commit before that? If the movie includes him handing over the cowl to Dick, it doesn't matter what happens, he's out.
Why can't WB just write him back in? He gave up the cowl for awhile but the world needs Bruce Wayne as Batman so he picks it up again. It would be the simplest thing to fix.

Besides, everyone loves Dick but no way in hell do they want to see him as THE Batman lol.

Ross61

It's a GAF (Well really internet staple) that negative news just draws more attention, it's kind of a sad human trait at times.

But easier to talk about something upset with then happy with, I guess.

They'd rather whine because they don't see an updated slate and think WB just throwing stuff at the wall instead of an interconnected branching slate. Some people are never happy.

They really act like every movie announced is gonna happen the day after the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom