• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Wl098bt.png

AdaWong

People don't like Snyder's Superman because he shows how horrible humanity can be.
  • He is blamed for collateral damage that is 99% Zod,
  • He just goes out of his way to save people and it has unexpected consequences
  • He saves his gf and people from a drone attack and he is framed for causing an international incident
  • In MOS he makes himself known to the world because Zod threatened to destroy the planet and humbles himself talking to the military.
  • He tries to answer for the events in Africa and instead someone tries to kill him by bombing him. Unlike the so called better interpretation of Superman when his role in the world is questioned he doesn't think he's above the law and think the safest hands are still his own.That's something just shy of Mark Millar's "Does the A on my head stand for France" levels of hubris and arrogance.
  • Throughout the film he is the only person that gives a shit about people being shanked in prison and people's civil liberties lost due to them living in fear of the Batman
  • He tries to bring about change in public opinion by being a goddamn investigative journalist
  • He saves the life of the guy who gagged his girlfriend, tortured and kidnapped his mother, framed him for crimes, took a dump on his reputation and created a monster to kill him,
  • Didn't run from a nuclear blast so as to try to kill Doomsday.
  • Was willing to admit he was wrong about his executioner in order to to try to save his mother's life
  • Plead with his executioner to try to save his mother life oh and gave up his life to save the world

But he ain't Superman cos he ain't got a cheshire grin across his face at all times[

DO HARLEY PLS

Penguin

So theory

I don't think Warner will ever release an extended DCEU slate again

Think we'll hear about movies in the pipes maybe 2 years out or so

IconGrist

So theory

Probably for the best. It would allow them to make whatever movie they want without really having to concern themselves with how it fits into the bigger picture.

So theory

I don't believe the original slate was meant for the public, and when they talked about it at SDCC, they never committed to dates.

Right now GCS, Suicide Squad 2, and Dark Universe are deeper in than Green Lantern.

guek

Banned
guXDr3C.png

Just for the sake of relief. Maybe. I'm gonna remain skeptical until filming starts.

PLEASE DON'T GO BEN

I question what his contract looks like if him walking is really a possibility. Even if he does though, it's unlikely to be announced until after JL.

Penguin

I question what his contract looks like if him walking is really a possibility. Even if he does though, it's unlikely to be announced until after JL.

Well anyone can get out if they really want, probably penalized or something

But I think when rumor started folks said he was at least contracted through The Batman

shingi70

Banned
How wold do you think Jason and Dick are supposed to be if Bruce has been Batman for 20 years. Squad makes it seems like Harley's origin and Jason dying are fairly recent, like within the last three years before BvS.

Bleepey

DO HARLEY PLS

I am not sure if you're being sarcastic. I'll try to do a breakdown as to how Batman and Lex were very faithful but it will literally just be me saying "Batfleck wasn't the first to kill"/ Lex in BVS was intelligent, resourceful, manipulative, businessman mad scientist who manipulated both superheroes and public opinion but because he's eccentric people are saying not my Lex.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to bring this up but did they use the word standalone to describe the Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies when they were announced? I thought it was a little odd that word popped up in the announcement statement.

Ross61

For the past few months I would wake up to bad WB/DC news starting with Rick leaving The Flash. Now I just woke up to Matt Reeves officially on The Batman, and Chris McKay in talks for Nightwing. I'm so goddamn happy. As a Batman stan, it's been a good day.

How wold do you think Jason and Dick are supposed to be if Bruce has been Batman for 20 years. Squad makes it seems like Harley's origin and Jason dying are fairly recent, like within the last three years before BvS.

Jason would have died fairly quickly into his role as Robin, which means he'd have to be around 15 or so when he started.

Busty

Banned
By the way the real eye rising detail in the Nightwing announcement is the fact Bill Dubuque is writing the script. He did The Judge, The Accountant and some other high profile projects still in development at WB so the studio rates him highly.

Dubuque is a hot writer who's about to get even hotter with some big feature projects on the horizon and the Jason Bateman Netflix series called Ozarks (IIRC) which (again, IIRC) he wrote all of.

He doesn't come cheap so I imagine that WB really want to make this film and make it a big deal.

a916

Can't wait for the slayage of fools. I suppose we're never getting a Nolan calibre movie, and the apes gfilms have been great.

It'll be judged... harshly... but at this point, I think unless you're totally unrealistic, "this movie is good, but not Dark Knight good" should not mean it's a disappointment.

guXDr3C.png

Just for the sake of relief. Maybe. I'm gonna remain skeptical until filming starts.

PLEASE DON'T GO BEN

Hate to be that guy, but the rumor always was he's out... after this movie. So we won't know for a bit until he's gone gone. The rumor being that it's mutual is so damn worrying... is WB that brain dead that they want Affleck gone too?

Ross61

By the way the real eye rising detail in the Nightwing announcement is the fact Bill Dubuque is writing the script. He did The Judge, The Accountant and some other high profile projects still in development at WB so the studio rates him highly.

Dubuque is a hot writer who's about to get even hotter with some big feature projects on the horizon and the Jason Bateman Netflix series called Ozarks (IIRC) which (again, IIRC) he wrote all of.

He doesn't come cheap so I imagine that WB really want to make this film and make it a big deal.

One of the many reasons why it's stupid to think that the whole Slate is on pause. With all these new developments that have happened in a 2 month span it'd be stupid to think that WB is playing a game of wait and see. They ain't throwing around this kind of money for nothing.

Ninjimbo

Not to get off subject but I'm watching Sausage Party on Netflix and goddamn is this shit awful.
Hahaha. I like how random this is. That movie looks awful.

So we got Batman news and now Nightwing news, it makes sense for Ben to disappear after The Batman. I don't know how many stories you can create around 50 year old Bruce Wayne that are blockbuster caliber. I'm saying this as RDJ is still seen kicking ass in the MCU.

But part of me wonders if WB and Ben want to continue doing this dance for the next decade.

One of the many reasons why it's stupid to think that the whole Slate is on pause. With all these new developments that have happened in a 2 month span it'd be stupid to think that WB is playing a game of wait and see. They ain't throwing around this kind of money for nothing.

Of course, that "rumor" made no sense.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how fast they can prep/shoot/edit/vfx the Batman movie if they want it out by next year. It looks like August is the best month to release as there's no other big tent pole movie that month, but that might be too late in the year and close to Aquaman in October. If they tried for April, that might be too tough for production dead lines? If they keep the movie small scale and more "detective" Batman, they could shoot that in 3 months or less with a smaller budget (125 mil?) and get it out sooner.

Ross61

I wonder how fast they can prep/shoot/edit/vfx the Batman movie if they want it out by next year. It looks like August is the best month to release as there's no other big tent pole movie that month, but that might be too late in the year and close to Aquaman in October. If they tried for April, that might be too tough for production dead lines? If they keep the movie small scale and more "detective" Batman, they could shoot that in 3 months or less with a smaller budget (125 mil?) and get it out sooner.

They not going small for Batman lol.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
They not going small for Batman lol.
They might have to if they want to hit their release date. And I don't see why it needs to big some crazy big action film. It shouldn't even come close to being a world ending threat movie. It needs to be one or two villains max and deal with setting up Nightwing and some of his other rogues.

Effect

So theory

Figured that might be the case for a while. Perhaps one of the worst things they did was release that slate. That was perhaps the peak of trying to be like Marvel for them. Not their style at all and locked in expectations that shouldn't have been.

Ashhong

I wouldn't mind Nightwing taking over as main Batman, with Bruce in the background still as a mentor. I don't know much about the character, does Bruce help him? And is Nightwing Dick?

J_Viper

Hate to be that guy, but the rumor always was he's out... after this movie.
Which is a strange rumor, because of the movie comes together, is well received, and cleans up at the box office, why would he just get up and leave?

I'm saying this as RDJ is still seen kicking ass in the MCU.

I think Huge JackedMan is a better comparison, since CGI does all the heavy lifting for Downey, and aside from Civil War, he's been phoning it in since the first IM.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't mind Nightwing taking over as main Batman, with Bruce in the background still as a mentor. I don't know much about the character, does Bruce help him? And is Nightwing Dick?
Yes and yes...

I honestly think this is what they're setting up. If the rumors of Affleck wanting to bail are true, then this is the most logical solution. Nightwing would show up briefly in The Batman to establish him in the universe, then he gets his own movie where at the end, Bruce hands him the cowl.

Ooooor they swerve us all and Ben stays as Batman, but Nightwing and Cyborg form the Titans.

Ashhong

Yes and yes...

I honestly think this is what they're setting up. If the rumors of Affleck wanting to bail are true, then this is the most logical solution. Nightwing would show up briefly in The Batman to establish him in the universe, then he gets his own movie where at the end, Bruce hands him the cowl.

Ooooor they swerve us all and Ben stays as Batman, but Nightwing and Cyborg form the Titans.

The funny thing is that this could have been their plan all along since they casted an older Bruce. But because of the rumors it will always seem like hes running away. I guess it won't really matter if the movie is good though. I hope he stays on in some form, as like a mentor at least. And then maybe he gets called out of retirement in JL2 or 3.

a916

They might have to if they want to hit their release date. And I don't see why it needs to big some crazy big action film. It shouldn't even come close to being a world ending threat movie. It needs to be one or two villains max and deal with setting up Nightwing and some of his other rogues.

Go small... I mean was the Dark Knight really that big?

Batman is really well situated for those small tight stories that take place in one night. Especially detective Batman

Which is a strange rumor, because of the movie comes together, is well received, and cleans up at the box office, why would he just get up and leave?

I am fully under the belief that winning changes everything... if they knock it out of the park with Batman and everyone loves it, Affleck may change his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom