• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

I wouldn't say fights, I'd say healthy debates with people until they say dumbass shit.

For instance, I can have a healthy debate with three people in here regularly because they are sane, normal, individuals who happen to have different opinions.

So you can't have a healthy debate with the majority of people in this thread, while they can all have healthy debates without you.

:thinking:

IconGrist

Let's try not to turn the next 3 pages into another focus on Lion.

So, can anyone here explain to me why there is not a single thread in OT about the WW stuff today? I'd have done it but I've been out all day.

Ashhong

Let's try not to turn the next 3 pages into another focus on Lion.

So, can anyone here explain to me why there is not a single thread in OT about the WW stuff today? I'd have done it but I've been out all day.

I honestly don't want to bother. Anyone I want to discuss WW with is in this thread. Plus that line in the Collider article is going to cause a big frenzy:

And yet last week when I visited the edit bay for Wonder Woman, we were shown a scene that’s undeniably better than anything glimpsed in the DCEU thus far. Yes, that’s a low bar to clear, so I’ll put it this way: it’s a scene that’s better than what you’ve seen in most Marvel movies too.

I don't want to touch that with a 10 foot pole in the OT

LionPride

Banned
So you can't have a healthy debate with the majority of people in this thread, while they can all have healthy debates without you.

:thinking:
You sure about that one? You're one of the three people in this thread I'm willing and able to discuss these movies with because you're a functioning human who doesn't act as if they aren't hypocritical, unwilling to listen to reason, validated by the prosperity of these movies, or attack a "rival" companies movies and the fans of said movies.

You good people

Read an i09 article that said the framing device was
WW looming at her BvS photo and reminiscing and not the letter to Bruce the Reddit leaks said
so I think the test screenings were still in flux a bit.

IconGrist

Read an i09 article that said the framing device was
WW looming at her BvS photo and reminiscing and not the letter to Bruce the Reddit leaks said
so I think the test screenings were still in flux a bit.

In one of the articles it says that Jenkins said the ending to WW sort of ties into JL which is not something that was said in the leaks at all.

In one of the articles it says that Jenkins said the ending to WW sort of ties into JL which is not something that was said in the leaks at all.

Read that too. I think we have the broad strokes of the movie's plot, but there's likely a fair bit of changes made thatwe won't know about until release.

IconGrist

Okay, so TrailerTrack says no DC trailers with Kong which means the recently rated WW trailer likely won't be out until Saturday (debuted at the Kids Choice Awards).

Ross61

Read that too. I think we have the broad strokes of the movie's plot, but there's likely a fair bit of changes made thatwe won't know about until release.

Which is the exact reason why I was against there being an OT for a TEST screening. Dozens of things are bound to change for better
or for worse.

Penguin

You sure about that one? You're one of the three people in this thread I'm willing and able to discuss these movies with because you're a functioning human who doesn't act as if they aren't hypocritical, unwilling to listen to reason, validated by the prosperity of these movies, or attack a "rival" companies movies and the fans of said movies.

You good people
Honest question for you, if you feel like you can only have discussions with three people in this thread wouldn't your time and effort be better spent elsewhere on the site?

Ashhong

It's nice that the articles are positive, but man it's annoying readings tons of negative DCEU remarks in every paragraph.

This is illustrative of the Wonder Woman Jenkins wants to get across. She cannot save the whole world, but she can give those who fight a stronger foothold to help themselves. ”She can't be dark and nasty," Jenkins says. ”She is the hero the world's been waiting for." In other words, she's no DCEU Superman, thank goodness.

ugh.

You good people

I know I'm good people. You aiite. But you have to understand and be more patient with people who are a bit more invested and emotional when it comes to things they love. Comes with the territory of being on a gaming forum. It's not even directed at me, but sometimes I feel like you are being hypocritical, unwilling to listen to reason, or even attacking other users/fans of DC movies. Just my friendly 2 cents

LionPride

Banned
It's nice that the articles are positive, but man it's annoying readings tons of negative DCEU remarks in every paragraph.

ugh.

I know I'm good people. You aiite. But you have to understand and be more patient with people who are a bit more invested and emotional when it comes to things they love. Comes with the territory of being on a gaming forum. It's not even directed at me, but sometimes I feel like you are being hypocritical, unwilling to listen to reason, or even attacking other users/fans of DC movies. Just my friendly 2 cents
Yo, that's why I like you.

In my mind...shit ain't that serious. It's not worth being upset that people critically do not like your movies. It's not okay to say in your mind that audiences are idiots. It's not okay to say a lot of ass backwards shit and make terrible analogies to make a terrible point. I know I'm a petty ass, sometimes a hypocrite. I acknowledge as much. I also know I don't have patience for a lot of what some people say, that's when I'm just done actually listening to what you have said because you have gone off the damn deep end. There are a couple people like that here. There are some I don't care for, but don't actively dislike, there are some I actively dislike, then there are the few who are good peoples in this thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=231602739#post231602739

Made a thread in offtopic if y'all wanted to check it out. I didn't link every article so if you wanted to post more links then feel free :)

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE UGH.

Damn. The thread dropped like a rock like most things that are relatively positive concerning these movies. Matt Reeves got heated and dropped out? Thread is near the top for days. Matt Reeves is officially announced? A few pages and drops.

And people wonder why some in here say others love playing up the doom and gloom surrounding these movies.

Ross61

Damn. The thread dropped like a rock like most things that are relatively positive concerning these movies. Matt Reeves got heated and dropped out? Thread is near the top for days. Matt Reeves is officially announced? A few pages and drops.

And people wonder why some in here say others love playing up the doom and gloom surrounding these movies.
That thread can't even get past one page, meanwhile both the Test screening OT and the "mess" rumor thread went for damn near 20+ pages. It's just sad.

DaveH

I was listening to "Anna Faris is Unqualified" (subtitled on her website as "not-so-great relationship advice from completely unqualified Hollywood types") and her recent interview with Stan Lee (Episode #83).

At 9 minutes 12 seconds in Anna asks Stan:

Anna: Um, if you could create an ideal romantic partner for the Hulk... what kind of characteristics would she have?

Stan: Well, I did create the She-Hulk.

Anna: Riiight... but is she the ideal? I don't know.

Stan: Well, if you're the Hulk... and there's a gorgeous girl who also has green skin and is also the strongest person around, I think she'd come as close to being a good partner for you as anybody.

Anna: That's true... but... as an actor who is married to another actor [laughs]- obscure connection, I know- but, um, it presents certain challenges being in the same industry... um, I just wonder if... uh... if the Hulk- I don't know, if he would feel like... competitive with She-Hulk... or like-

Stan: Alright, I'll make you happy.

Anna: Thank you!

Stan: Ant-Man... and Girl... The Wasp!

So, this is interesting only because of the drummed up controversy 3 years ago where Goyer was spitballing on a podcast, trying to be funny, and proposing She-Hulk was conceived of as a sexual partner for Hulk (abstractly; not the literal character but the whole concept of female versions of pre-existing popular male superheroes). A Mary Sue writer happily took it out of context and immediately people were bothering Stan for a response. Stan responded that She-Hulk was curvy like all other heroines but never conceived of as a romantic partner and that anyone who thought so was a nut. Later, Stan learned it was Goyer, and he proceeded to heap praise on Goyer then say he made his comments not knowing Goyer said them (but that anyone saying them was still a nut; of course, not knowing Goyer was- in context- talking about the concept abstractly).

Now we're a few years apart from that and when Anna poses Stan the question, he immediately jumps to She-Hulk! Not Betty Ross, not Black Widow... She-Hulk... and he wasn't even constrained to comics or continuity by the question, but that's immediately where he went! And it wasn't sarcastic or unexamined, he proceeds to justify it even when Anna tries to get him to walk it back.

It seems inevitable that in any sustained conversation about Goyer, this podcast flub gets raised... this may be an interesting thing to bring up, that- at the end of the day- Stan Lee basically conceded the point when his guard was down.

J_Viper

So this is complete guesswork, but I'm was pondering the possible screen time that each JL member will receive in the film, and I'm thinking Batman, WW, and Aquaman will be the three main characters.

I could see Aquaman getting a big push since his movie is next, while Flash and Cyborg end up with the least screen time, as their respective films aren't going anywhere.

While I was banned, I read a post from the always accurate 4Chan where the OP stated that Flash is the Jar Jar of the movie. If that's true, I hope he gets cut out as much as possible.

The OP also brought up Superman's role, pre-resurrection, where he stated how
Supes is caught in a state of limbo. While "dead", he dreams of himself back on the Kent farm, where he is helping his Ma and Pa prepare for an incoming storm. That storm being a metaphor for Darkseid's arrival, naturally.

That could be neat, if it's real.

Ross61

I don't know why we think The Flash isn't going anywhere when we just got a new writer. I'm pretty sure once the script is done we'll get one big report of the director WB is looking for. I say 2019 at the latest is when we'all get Flash.

I don't know why we think The Flash isn't going anywhere when we just got a new writer. I'm pretty sure once the script is done we'll get one big report of the director WB is looking for. I say 2019 at the latest is when we'all get Flash.

I expect Flash, Batman, and Sirens to be filming next year.

BadAss2961

I was listening to "Anna Faris is Unqualified" (subtitled on her website as "not-so-great relationship advice from completely unqualified Hollywood types") and her recent interview with Stan Lee (Episode #83).

At 9 minutes 12 seconds in Anna asks Stan:

Anna: Um, if you could create an ideal romantic partner for the Hulk... what kind of characteristics would she have?

Stan: Well, I did create the She-Hulk.

Anna: Riiight... but is she the ideal? I don't know.

Stan: Well, if you're the Hulk... and there's a gorgeous girl who also has green skin and is also the strongest person around, I think she'd come as close to being a good partner for you as anybody.

Anna: That's true... but... as an actor who is married to another actor [laughs]- obscure connection, I know- but, um, it presents certain challenges being in the same industry... um, I just wonder if... uh... if the Hulk- I don't know, if he would feel like... competitive with She-Hulk... or like-

Stan: Alright, I'll make you happy.

Anna: Thank you!

Stan: Ant-Man... and Girl... The Wasp!

So, this is interesting only because of the drummed up controversy 3 years ago where Goyer was spitballing on a podcast, trying to be funny, and proposing She-Hulk was conceived of as a sexual partner for Hulk (abstractly; not the literal character but the whole concept of female versions of pre-existing popular male superheroes). A Mary Sue writer happily took it out of context and immediately people were bothering Stan for a response. Stan responded that She-Hulk was curvy like all other heroines but never conceived of as a romantic partner and that anyone who thought so was a nut. Later, Stan learned it was Goyer, and he proceeded to heap praise on Goyer then say he made his comments not knowing Goyer said them (but that anyone saying them was still a nut; of course, not knowing Goyer was- in context- talking about the concept abstractly).

Now we're a few years apart from that and when Anna poses Stan the question, he immediately jumps to She-Hulk! Not Betty Ross, not Black Widow... She-Hulk... and he wasn't even constrained to comics or continuity by the question, but that's immediately where he went! And it wasn't sarcastic or unexamined, he proceeds to justify it even when Anna tries to get him to walk it back.

It seems inevitable that in any sustained conversation about Goyer, this podcast flub gets raised... this may be an interesting thing to bring up, that- at the end of the day- Stan Lee basically conceded the point when his guard was down.
I remember that whole fallout. Goyer's always been on the hot seat with overly sensitive geeks, but he also triggered outrage culture on that one.

Here's the thread. Plenty of this is what's wrong with DC... Goyer doesn't know comics... yada yada yada.

J_Viper

Only reason I'd say that is their recent announcements have all been Batman related. Sirens, SS2, Nightwing, and of course The Batman are all moving forward, yet Flash is still on a page one rewrite with no director.

Aquaman is the sole exception, but WB might see worldwide appeal with that one due to it's fantasy elements.

If Flash turns out to be as obnoxious as he was in the Comic Con footage, I don't see audiences begging for more of him.

Goyer does suck though, real talk.
Absolutely.

Though, I really would like to see what his original BvS script was like. I know there's an outline on the internet, but I'd sure like to read the full thing.

Ross61

Only reason I'd say that is their recent announcements have all been Batman related. Sirens, SS2, Nightwing, and of course The Batman are all moving forward, yet Flash is still on a page one rewrite with no director.

Aquaman is the sole exception, but WB might see worldwide appeal with that one due to it's fantasy elements.

If Flash turns out to be as obnoxious as he was in the Comic Con footage, I don't see audiences begging for more of him.

Absolutely.

Though, I really would like to see what his original BvS script was like. I know there's an outline on the internet, but I'd sure like to read the full thing.
I liked what I say of Flash personality wise so I can't agree with that.

Based on what we know on GLC, what (realistic) director choices would y'all want?

Ross61

Sounds like someone who decided to sit down and write something after watching Deadwood.

I think Goyer is the man you want formulating ideas and maybe even going as far as putting together a treatment, but actually fleshing it out seems to be his main problem.

Which is why the gave him a co-writer this go around. I think...

BadAss2961

lol. That's actually perfect for some bs like Call of Duty.

Goyer has his faults, his hits and misses, and his best days are probably behind him. But he's scripted what turned out to be some really good comic book movies. More than enough to warrant respect.

Blade 1, 2, and Batman Begins are still better than most of the crap that releases these days.
Sounds like someone who decided to sit down and write something after watching Deadwood.

I think Goyer is the man you want formulating ideas and maybe even going as far as putting together a treatment, but actually fleshing it out seems to be his main problem.
Yup, that's where he's at at this point.

Ross61

I could see Jordan Vogt-Roberts , Kong :Skull Island director, taking up either Flash or GLC depending on how it's received. And so far it's looking quite good.

I could see Jordan Vogt-Roberts , Kong :Skull Island director, taking up either Flash or GLC depending on how it's received. And so far it's looking quite good.

That'd be nice. They could use some real talent with action. I'm excited to hear Kong has a dash of Apocalypse Now.

Sambrez_

Him and Larry Fong are an amazing combo for Kong, i'd love the same for Flash.
But Fong is filming Predators right now.

Bleepey

LionPride you like to get into fights with everyone in almost every topic you post in.

lol it's amusing. When people asked him why he hates me so much. He threw out some bullshit excuse about him asking me a question and not responding to him despite the fact i answered him like two hours after he asked it. Sad!

LionPride

Banned
lol it's amusing. When people asked him why he hates me so much. He threw out some bullshit excuse about him asking me a question and not responding to him despite the fact i answered him like two hours after he asked it. Sad!
More like two days

And keep my name outta your mouth if you gonna keep spouting alternative facts

SJRB

Gold Member
fotIc20.jpg

We actually joked about this over in the MCU thread which has basically slowed down to a crawl. There's just more to talk about if there's bad news.

Ross61

We actually joked about this over in the MCU thread which has basically slowed down to a crawl. There's just more to talk about if there's bad news.
In y'all case y'all haven't had a character reveal since the year started right. What is there to talk about? But there's been plenty of news going around and the positive just gets one page and done.

"Nightwing movie announced with Lego Batman director attached to direct it"
"Oh that's cool."
"What do y'all think will be the potential story beats? Do y'all think they will set it in Bludhaven? Will they try to accurately portray Dicks's fighting style? Will they pick an unknown Romani actor or a white dude?"
"Meh"

Ninjimbo

I wonder why that is. I guess people shut up when they get what they want? Any rational person wants the DCEU to succeed, and it's only when they perceive that it's failing that those people start sounding like children throwing a tantrum. All of a sudden you give them what they want and they leave you alone for awhile.

It's why I think WB doesn't really have a big problem here right now. If they just make good, popular movies, then they'll be just fine and we can ignore all the manufactured drama.

But now I'm left wondering what we're going to be talking about if everything is all good and merry. I'm starting to think the doom and gloom talk is a necessary evil for the viability of this thread!

Query

Does anyone here watch Justice League Action?
Nein. I want to check out the show but I don't watch television anymore or any shows for that matter. If it ever comes to Netflix, I would watch it in a heartbeat.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
We are masochists, that is why.

Now, how big a mess is JL on a scale of 0% to 27%

Batjag

I'm sure he's in the mix of people WB is looking at, and I'd also like them to look at Justin Lin.Based on Star Trek Beyond, I really like his ability to do big, good-looking action, without losing the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom