• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

That JoBlo video, it's too much. I had to stop watching it. I like what I'm hearing even if it sounds straight by the numbers. It should serve as a nice introduction to WW for a new generation.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just skimming through the articles that have been going up, /FIlm put up a few pieces today, it seems Wonder Woman is shaping up to be pretty cool. I don't want to read any big spoilers so I'm just skipping to the end of the articles where the writer is summing up their thoughts.

We Saw 16 Minutes of ‘Wonder Woman' and It Looks Like the Movie DC Needs Right Now
‘Wonder Woman': Everything We Learned About the Film's First Act
‘Wonder Woman': Who Is Really Playing the Villain Ares?

Theorry

Its good to read that all articles say the chemistry between Diana and Trevor is good and the funny segments dont feel forced.

dan2026

I honestly feel like these movies are a complete departure from what I want out of my DC characters.
I don't want a murderous Batman, or a miserable Superman, or a wacky Lex Luthor. Or whatever the heck they were trying to do with the Joker.

They have done 3 movies now and I don't like any of them.
I feel sad because I think I just have to accept these movies just aren't for me.

Ross61

I honestly feel like these movies are a complete departure from what I want out of my DC characters.
I don't want a murderous Batman, or a miserable Superman, or a wacky Lex Luthor. Or whatever the heck they were trying to do with the Joker.

I feel sad because I think I just have to accept these movies just aren't for me.
Wish more people would come to that conclusion.

Azazzel

You are not a real DC fan. You should support these movies no matter what!!1!1!!1

I feel the same way dude. It's sad to realize that there's no turning back.

Ross61

You are not a real DC fan. You should support these movies no matter what!!1!1!!1

giphy.gif

Corpsepyre

Banned
Did anyone really think this would review bad? I sure didn't! It's gonna be the first ever good female-led superhero film, and also the highest earning.

Ninjimbo

I feel you guys should wait until after JL comes out before you come to any real conclusions about the DCEU. Two of the films we've seen have been by Snyder and he's definitely a polarizing director. SS shouldn't count since what we saw was a hacked up version of what Ayer wanted.

After JL, we'll have two more movies that, from the ground up, seem to be built to be crowd pleasers. We haven't really had those yet.

So, basically, keep hanging on guys. There's still hope!

BadAss2961

Understood, but there's just no context to this post right now. This isn't where we're at in the discussion.

Regardless, it's still early. The DCEU is just opening up and has plenty of progressions and different visions to go through. WB is more willing to try different things than others. Mel freakin' Gibson is considering Suicide Squad.
Did anyone really think this would review bad? I sure didn't! It's gonna be the first ever good female-led superhero film, and also the highest earning.

It easily could... It's not under the Disney umbrella. lol

IHaveIce

Banned
Also confirms how the movie starts. Its not a email haha.
Thank god, that sounded dumb as fuck

Not hard if it isn the first. :J

Joking, seems to line up with the rumors, it is a decent movie, not outstanding, no stinker. Super Happy with that.

Pls refrain from trying to paint a picture again that reviewers are bought by Disney, just let us enjoy this for now and try to talk about without mentioning marvel/disney everytime.

I'm pretty sure the same stuff was being tossed around about Suicide Squad. "Everyone loves the trailers! It won't get ripped apart!" A couple months later, 26 on RT and savaged by a large number of people, even DCEU fans.

Source for what? Go back and check this thread last summer after the trailers released and then watch as people start to realize in July that the movie had the possibility to get shredded.

I guess I should have been more clear about what I'm talking about, I'm talking about what's being said in this thread, especially regarding the question "Did anyone really think this would review bad?" three months out from the films release.

Source for what? Go back and check this thread last summer after the trailers released and then watch as people start to realize in July that the movie had the possibility to get shredded.

I guess I should have been more clear about what I'm talking about, I'm talking about what's being said in this thread, especially regarding the question "Did anyone really think this would review bad?" three months out from the films release.

So not the same thing. The Trailers for SS were pretty good. The movie was not. So yes, people reacted positively to a good thing back then as they are doing now, but the thing being reacted to isn't the same. We are reacting to the impressions from the media, about media that they experienced. If you fail to reconcile the difference and express your thoughts clearly that's on you. Your prior post just created a false equivalence comparing different things. That's why I asked for a source instead of dismissing it based solely on my perspective.

I'm pretty sure the same stuff was being tossed around about Suicide Squad. "Everyone loves the trailers! It won't get ripped apart!" A couple months later, 26 on RT and savaged by a large number of people, even DCEU fans.

But what are our options here, truly.?

- Insider BTS drama?= turn down the hype the movie is gonna be bad

- People like the trailers and some set reports are optimistic? = Turn down the hype, remember Suicide Squad?

I'd rather be a little bit optimistic and hope for the best instead of just constantly assuming it's gonna be a trainwreck.

So not the same thing. The Trailers for SS were pretty good. The movie was not. So yes, people reacted positively to a good thing back then as they are doing now, but the thing being reacted to isn't the same. We are reacting to the impressions from the media, about media that they experienced. If you fail to reconcile the difference and express your thoughts clearly that's on you. Your prior post just created a false equivalence comparing different things. That's why I asked for a source instead of dismissing it based solely on my perspective.

The question "Did anyone think this would review bad?" is asinine at this point IMO. The people in the media loved those Suicide Squad trailers too and shit on the move in the end. So how can that be any different than seeing a couple minutes of footage now?

The question "Did anyone think this would review bad?" is asinine at this point IMO. The people in the media loved those Suicide Squad trailers too and shit on the move in the end. So how can that be any different than seeing a couple minutes of footage now?

16 minutes of footage and an overview of the story is different than a couple of trailers and recycled imagery. Maybe you'll be right in the end and these will be another SS, but so far I don't think the evidence merits that conclusion. Time will tell.

Theorry

I didn't know this magical thread existed.

Is this a safe haven to say I unironically enjoyed Suicide Squad?

I liked the beginning when they introduced everybody and i liked Deadshot (shooting range scene was best) and Harley,
But after that beginning it went downhill very fast.

16 minutes of footage and an overview of the story is different than a couple of trailers and recycled imagery. Maybe you'll be right in the end and these will be another SS, but so far I don't think the evidence merits that conclusion. Time will tell.

Agreed. It is more substantial than a simple trailer and should give people more hope about the film.

I generally take preview coverage for anything with a grain of salt. The material shown is always what a company feels the most confident in and its such a small sample size it's quite easy to manipulate positive coverage.

Agreed. It is more substantial than a simple trailer and should give people more hope about the film.

I generally take preview coverage for anything with a grain of salt. The material shown is always what a company feels the most confident in and its such a small sample size it's quite easy to manipulate positive coverage.
I agree with everything you have posted there. There's a valid reason to be skeptical in regards to making extrapolations to the whole movie.

a916

I have no idea what you're responding to exactly

Sorry, I'm replying to the notion of "how dare he say DCEU is in bad shape when they've pulled in money" because yeah, they have. But critically they've been savaged and there's a lot of smoke (ie the bad news and directors leaving and such) that can't be ignored either.

While I've enjoyed BvS and MOS, that doesn't really mean it's as healthy as it should be.

Ashhong

You can throw a bunch of dots out all you want but it's true. The reason you get shade is not because of your opinion. We have plenty who haven't liked any of the DCEU movies thus far and get along here just fine.

I thought he was joking and the dots were meant for himself, since he's the least welcoming to other people's opinions.

I see now that I was mistaken.

LionPride

Banned
LionPride you like to get into fights with everyone in almost every topic you post in.
I wouldn't say fights, I'd say healthy debates with people until they say dumbass shit.

For instance, I can have a healthy debate with three people in here regularly because they are sane, normal, individuals who happen to have different opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom