• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

At this point, they have to stick with Reeves no matter what, right? I don't think they could absorb the hit of him officially walking away now.

They both have to have an understanding in terms of a shared universe. WB has to let Reeves have a certain amount of creative control, while Reeves has to understand that he's part of bigger franchise and there are some non-negotiable restrictions. Especially in light of recent events.

Logan has references to the xmen in pop culture and it's previous movies. But it does it just the right amount and still keeps to its tone

Just hoping batman ends up being executed more like that (especially since they can play on the history aspect since batman in here is late in his career) and less like anything in the mcu or the terrible JL teases in BvS

Logan has references to the xmen in pop culture and it's previous movies. But it does it just the right amount and still keeps to its tone

Just hoping batman ends up being executed more like that (especially since they can play on the history aspect since batman in here is late in his career) and less like anything in the mcu or the terrible JL teases in BvS

After Logan, I'm more in agreement of your more standalone films that are loosely connected vs. some constructed shared universe. It was nice to have some connections, but not be beat over the head with it. Which is funny considering Logan might be the best set-up for other films and it didn't try to drive that point down your throat.

Odoul

I'm making my way through Westworld right now.

I remember when Ed Harris was supposed to have a part in Suicide Squad.

It was also rumored to be about Lex and others smuggling newly discovered/exposed metahumans.

What could have been. I still would love to see Harris play some kind of villain at some point.

Also that train theme/Sweetwater burrows into your head. I hope Wondy's soundtrack knocks it out of the park. Suicide Squad was lacking in that department.

Penguin

Haha

oS9QuCF.jpg

On a raimi kick lately, been watching Evil Dead and Spider-man. I'd love to see him take on Shazam or Flash.

Wonder what his working relationship is like with WB.

Busty

Banned
Last I heard he was making this World War 3 movie for WB. So maybe after that they'll offer him one of these

They also bought a heist script (a robbery during a hurricane/tornado????) for me so they obviously want to be in the 'Raimi business'.

It's not impossible that they try and get him onboard something in the DCU at some point.

J_Viper

So if I heard right we'll have some Wonder Woman shit to look forward to today in roughly 3 hours or so.

Gotta be the trailer that will play in front of Kong.

Wish it was JL instead, but that one launching with Fast 8 makes sense, since that's also a super hero flick.

IconGrist

Gotta be the trailer that will play in front of Kong.

Wish it was JL instead, but that one launching with Fast 8 makes sense, since that's also a super hero flick.

I read that it might be the set visit reports which everyone forgot about because they did JL really early.

Effect

I do wonder what the reaction to Batman will be in Justice Leauge. Generally JL Batman can be a very different beast compared to solo Batman. BvS gave us a taste of that and at times I don't think some were prepared for that. What Batman can do and uses gets amped up to 11 when he's hanging around on adventures with Superman and Wonder Woman. Especially when they're dealing with alien threats. It needs to happen otherwise it's extremely hard to justify him even being around. This is why I expect there to be a weird tone whiplash with this upcoming Batman flick.

Edit: Really good poster. Got to say I've loved everything visually about Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

I saw an article the other day say BvS flopped at the box office,

like seriously lol.

Anyway though, impressions hinted through twitter seem to paint an awesome picture of Wonder Woman

IconGrist

Pretty weird article. Not particularly well put together and the description of the scene is minimal. Like it's almost nothing you couldn't gather from the trailers outside of one or two small things. Like they slapped it together as fast as possible to be out first.

Not heavy spoilers for WW, but still spoilers:

She’s not hitting on him and she doesn’t want to have sex with him. She simply doesn’t understand the social mores, and so his attempt to give her space backfires. They then have a funny conversation where they talk about human sexuality and Wonder Woman informs Trevor that she’s read all 12 volumes on it, but notes that Trevor probably wouldn’t like the author’s conclusion that men are necessary for reproduction and little else.

This directly confirms one of the two leaks we had a couple of weeks ago, specifically the good one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/5uwket/saw_prescreening_of_wonder_woman_today/ - this one

Tabby

I stopped reading when it said that the DCEU underperformed at the Box Office.
Christ, how do these people get paid for this?

Penguin

I stopped reading when it said that the DCEU underperformed at the Box Office.
Christ, how do these people get paid for this?

I totally get a case for Batman v Superman

I think Man of Steel did about as well as one would expect coming off of Superman 3/4/Returns

And Suicide Squad could theoretically have done better if reviewed well, but doubt many had it pegged for doing as well as it did especially without China.

IconGrist

I totally get a case for Batman v Superman

I think Man of Steel did about as well as one would expect coming off of Superman 3/4/Returns

And Suicide Squad could theoretically have done better if reviewed well, but doubt many had it pegged for doing as well as it did especially without China.

I don't know the exact numbers for SS but I think MoS might have still been the most profitable of the DCEU movies for WB. If not then SS just barely topped it.

Busty

Banned
Dana Walden who runs Fox tv (network and studio IIRC) was recently interviewed at a conference in Israel and had this to say about Gotham's future..,

This was during a wide-ranging talk that touched on the network’s current roster and 20th TV’s breakout NBC drama This Is Us, as well why the broadcast network doesn’t have a current affairs program. We also spoke afterwards about renewal chances for shows like 24: Legacy, Pitch, The Exorcist and Gotham.

The latter, she expects, will return.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/dana-wa...shots-fired-news-programming-intv-1202037604/

I imagine that the network is trying to renegotiate a new deal with Warners TV for a fourth season so that's why we haven't heard anything despite the fact Fox have already ordered Lethal Weapon and Lucifer for next season.

phew.gif

Ahasverus

Whew, at least we're getting an Iron Man 1 tier WW movie. That pleases me.

Wonder if they are gonna make sequels? I've read that the movie doesn't really explains why Diana got bitter (Probably changed to make the movie more hopeful).

Ross61

Whew, at least we're getting an Iron Man 1 tier WW movie. That pleases me.

Wonder if they are gonna make sequels? I've read that the movie doesn't really explains why Diana got bitter (Probably changed to make the movie more hopeful).

They're definitely gonna be sequels if/when the it's successful box-office wise.

BadAss2961

So yeah pretty much confirms that the reddit leak from last month is legit

Also would avoid these

Started listening to JoBlo... about 3-4 mins in... they have seen/heard a lot!
Yeah, I stopped watching around that mark. Seemed as if they telling the whole movie from beginning to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom