• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

Lex isn't irredeemable. I kinda hoped Michael Cera would do what he did in social network. Stoic, calm and having quiet rage. I hoped Lex would do stuff like belittle Bruce cos Lex Corp shares were doing better than Wayne Industries or brag about having won a lucrative govt contract Wayne Industries bid on. There were flashes of that in the party scene and stuff like that could have fleshed Lex out to be a petty bellend who must prove himself better than people like Bruce and Clark. Lex can still do all that stuff in sequels just gone down the eccentric stuff audiences didn't respond to.

a916

BS. Donner Luthor is one of the earliest versions of Luthor as a businessman. And the business was just a means to fund his mad scientist schemes anyways.

DCAU works but it's hardly defining.

DCAU was closer to his comic book roots. The businessman real estate angle is so stupid and bland. His base desire, which was accurate in BVS, should be walking fine balance of envy/jealousy bordering with fear and shakings of his core beliefs. Something like this:

AItdCik.jpg

Fair enough. I saw the stuff like him shoving gummi vears in that dude's mouth and his weird speech were there to show the public he was kinda unhinged to help him plead insanity should he need to.

Edit: what would you give the theatrical cut and what would you give the director's cut?

My biggest issue with the movie were the jarring cuts a character motivations. This really helps with both of those issues. I had no problem with tone, really liked the tone, and didn't have an issue with Lex. It went from a 7 to an 8 for me if I had to score it, but I didn't really have a number in mind with BvS.

Tabby

Ah yes I remember being disappointed with the Doomsday fight the first 2 times I watched it. You can't see shit, it's just debris and fire everywhere with sound effects.

Dead

well not really...yet
Man, happy I get to see the Ultimate Cut in theaters but also because I get to see that GOAT tier opening 10 minutes on the big screen again.

Man, happy I get to see the Ultimate Cut in theaters but also because I get to see that GOAT tier opening 10 minutes on the big screen again.

I think it's a pretty good year for openings between that and xmen.

I walked out disappointed with xmen as well but that opening was like the mummy with mutant powers haha. And those Ottman opening credits God damn.

The snyder credits were great too. I expected that as soon as we saw the Wayne murder in the trailer. But I didn't think redoing the metropolis attack would be as good as it ended up being.

I was able to buy the Extended Cut off of Cineplex and just finished watching it. The Theatrical Cut is definitely a butchered version of what should be considered the "real" version of the movie now. Its cut to pieces. But having seen this version of the film I think I can see why they felt they needed to aside from cutting down on the run time. Its much more apparent that this is a slow burn movie in the front half. However, its a more coherent movie. Subplots now make more sense. I would even say Luthor is improved because you get much more of a sense of him pulling the strings. But I don't see there being a sudden surge of people now loving the film. People whose main problem with the theatrical cut being the way they chose to edit the film will find this much better. The "too dark no fun" people will still hate it.

IconGrist

I was able to buy the Extended Cut off of Cineplex and just finished watching it. The Theatrical Cut is definitely a butchered version of what should be considered the "real" version of the movie now. Its cut to pieces. But having seen this version of the film I think I can see why they felt they needed to aside from cutting down on the run time. Its much more apparent that this is a slow burn movie in the front half. However, its a more coherent movie. Subplots now make more sense. I would even say Luthor is improved because you get much more of a sense of him pulling the strings. But I don't see there being a sudden surge of people now loving the film. People whose main problem with the theatrical cut being the way they chose to edit the film will find this much better. The "too dark no fun" people will still hate it.

This is the general consensus I'm seeing. You had to have already kinda liked BvS in order for the UC to do anything for you.

Warehouse scene in the ultimate cut is even more brutal but, this really doesn't need to be spoiler tagged,
the shot of Batman tossing a goon into a crate from the trailer still isn't in the scene. Man, I want to see the scene in its full glory.

Tabby

Pretty much. My 5/10 is probably a 6.5 or a 7 now. Everything before the fight is great. I still don't like anything after.

Pretty much. My 5/10 is probably a 6.5 or a 7 now. Everything before the fight is great. I still don't like anything after.

That sounds reassuring. That's my exact rating and opinion on the the theatrical cut more or less.

Though I loved the warehouse fight and really disliked the chase sequence.

Simo

4 days until the UC, I'm so freaking excited. The trailer is hype as hell.

Do you have to buy the UC on digital separately then? I mean I have the Amazon boxset preordered that comes with the Ultraviolet copy and all that crap but...I don't wanna wait 3 more weeks. lol

It'd be nice to watch it Tuesday...and then BvS Supes by Hot Toys arrives Wednesday!!

SJRB

Gold Member
Do you have to buy the UC on digital separately then? I mean I have the Amazon boxset preordered that comes with the Ultraviolet copy and all that crap but...I don't wanna wait 3 more weeks. lol

It'd be nice to watch it Tuesday...and then BvS Supes by Hot Toys arrives Wednesday!!

Definately picking up the digital version, still debating wether or not to buy the regular or 3D Bluray. Batman v Superman is literally the only movie where I really enjoyed the 3D effects, I thought they were really well done.

I don't know how Amazon does their stuff. I know you can order a cd and get a digital copy on release, but idk about movies

Simo

I don't know how Amazon does their stuff. I know you can order a cd and get a digital copy on release, but idk about movies

Yeah I don't know either. I think Best Buy in the past has done something similar where if you preordered a blu that had a digital copy included you could watch or stream the digital version as a bonus until your disc arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom