• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Nolan put Zack in a headlock until he was given all the IMAX cameras to shoot Dunkirk.

Tbf Snyder is pretty buff. Nolan is getting fatter and fatter everytime I see a picture of him. Think Snyder could take him.

All that tells me is they want to avoid possibly chopping the movie up to fit it.

That is dumb as fuck. Didn't have that problem with Nolan, he made TDKR which had a runtime of almost 3 hours. So they are just going to fake it? It better be IMAX 2D, but who am I kidding...we'll only get the 3D version.

The new DP might not be familiar with the ins and outs of IMAX cameras and/or they might not want to deal with the headache of shooting in IMAX anymore. They're already avoiding location shoots for that very reason.

ryan299

'They really fucked up with the theatrical cut.' There's one scene halfway through the movie, where you will have the same reaction.

J_Viper

Which scene are you talking about?

It's gotta be the aftermath of the bombing scene. It's a great small sequence.

I only caught the second half of the UC with /tv. There's a scene involving an orange that is unintentionally hilarious, but the rest seems like an improvement. Though, as stated before, it won't sway your opinion of the film. If you hated it, you will still hate it.

Also, someone blasted Danger Zone during Superman's funeral and I nearly fucking died of laughter. It was almost haunting how much that song fit the scene.

It was also a lot better than bagpipes...

ryan299

It's gotta be the aftermath of the bombing scene. It's a great small sequence.

I only caught the second half of the UC with /tv. There's a scene involving an orange that is unintentionally hilarious, but the rest seems like an improvement. Though, as stated before, it won't sway your opinion of the film. If you hated it, you will still hate it.

Yup it's the aftermath of the bombing. It's small but something that should have never been cut. It makes Superman feel powerless and really pushes home him not belonging.

Coupled with the saving/news montage, and a few other scenes, I think it really plays up a conflicted world and elevates the death.

The UC improves the film in a lot of ways. A lot of the plot holes are answered.

There's a few scenes that help build Clark's motivation for confronting Batman. They don't add to the fight though, that's still crappy 'Martha'.

What I liked most about this cut, is that it really shows that Lex is the mastermind behind everything. He has his fingers in everything and it's fun to watch as everything unfolds.

Lois is also elevated in the cut and her investigation doesn't really feel pointless anymore. I was more interested bc of how crazy/good all the Lex stuff was.

IconGrist

I hope this is the Superman we eventually end up with.

CfOz2SAUMAEoJjd.jpg

guek

Banned
Yup, that's why I went with IMAX aspect and not IMAX camera :p

Either way, it'll be glorious, and it's gonna force me to drive 4hrs to Seattle to actually see it in proper IMAX.

btw, do we know if they're planning on releasing another SS trailer?

IconGrist

Either way, it'll be glorious, and it's gonna force me to drive 4hrs to Seattle to actually see it in proper IMAX.

If they are I imagine it will be around SDCC. But there's been nothing official about it.

Simo

Hurry the fuck up Tuesday. And then the wait for Suicide Squad.

Don't forget SDCC! Really excited because they'll no doubt drop not only the group photo of the JL but I'd imagine some footage too, that I'd imagine WB will put up online or at least someone will. lol

Penguin

I'd imagine something to announce the tickets on-sale date

VanWinkle

Do digital versions come with special features? Specifically Amazon but Vudu would be fine, too. I REALLY want to watch it on the 28th, but I will wait if I don't get the special features that will be on the blu-ray.

Simo

Do digital versions come with special features? Specifically Amazon but Vudu would be fine, too. I REALLY want to watch it on the 28th, but I will wait if I don't get the special features that will be on the blu-ray.

Not sure about Amazon or Vudu but iTunes is pretty much everything where you're getting both cuts and the 2 hours of special features on Tuesday according to the store.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I can wait for the Blu-Ray so I might just rent the extended cut on Tuesday from Playstation Network or something. I think it's 4.99.

Simo

I don't think I can wait for the Blu-Ray so I might just rent the extended cut on Tuesday from Playstation Network or something. I think it's 4.99.

Can you you rent it though? I'd rather do that since I already have the blu-ray preordered but looking at like Vudu and they only offer the theatrical cut for rent...on July 19th?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Can you you rent it though? I'd rather do that since I already have the blu-ray preordered but looking at like Vudu and they only offer the theatrical cut for rent...on July 19th?
Damn, really? I just assumed you could rent it. I've never actually rented or purchased a digital movie from any of the streaming services before. I always just buy movies I want on Blu Ray or get them from Netflix. I looked through the Playstation Network section yesterday and saw other movies there for both purchase and rental so I figured they'd just let you do that for any new release. That's gonna suck if they don't.

Anyone else get tickets to see Killing Joke next month?
I got tickets for Monday July 25th. I'm going with a friend of mine.

a916

Soooooo whats going on with Shazam?

Its a New Line production why? And the logo wasnt on that slate poster from the licensing expo...

Last I've heard is Umberto or maybe his pal on his scoop show (maybe a month ago?) said another draft was coming in and they haven't even gotten a script they like yet to move forward with the project.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
They're really wasting too much time. Especially with somebody like the rock signed up for it. If it takes so long what if he walks.

Let's hope he does. He is shit and so are his movies.

Last I've heard is Umberto or maybe his pal on his scoop show (maybe a month ago?) said another draft was coming in and they haven't even gotten a script they like yet to move forward with the project.

Umberto: ''Nolan Godfathering the DCEU, everything goes through him.''
''That thing Batman holds in his hand? It is not a weapon'' Turns out it was THE weapon, the fucking spear...dude is full of bullshit.

They're really wasting too much time. Especially with somebody like the rock signed up for it. If it takes so long what if he walks.

He's not walking, but some of these projects are going to get dropped if he keeps attaching himself to potential franchises. Doc Savage, the new franchise from the writer of the Bourne novels, he's potentially going to be the Wolfman in the Universal monsters universe, he still has Fast and Furious, they plan to spin off the Hobbs character into his own movies, San Andreas 2, Ballers, etc.

Effect

Can't decide where to pick up the digital version of the Ultimate Edition. I'm torn between Amazon Instant Video and iTunes. With Amazon I can at least stream it via my Wii U to my TV but not sure about any issues with the Amazon stream. I've mainly been using Netflix for streaming and even with that I've turned off the HD to save bandwidth but don't think that will be a problem here. So streaming hasn't been an issue. Unless I can actually download movies with Amazon to the computer?

iTunes would let me actually download the video so I don't have to worry about streaming but at the same time I'm stuck watching it on my computer.

Still picking up the blu-ray though. Going to try and get the Target exclusive that includes the art book if they still have it. Can't tell if the disc cover is still the one with Wonder Woman in the middle though. I'd prefer to get that.

Edit: Also does anyone know if the digital version comes with the extras? I know iTunes usually has them but what about BvS from other outlets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom