• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ninjimbo

Interesting observation.

I was at Wal-mart just a bit ago and they have a little Wonder Woman area set up where you can get some Funko Pops, t-shirts, posters, action figures, plushies, etc, etc... Anyway, surrounded by women. Any little girl or adult woman that happened by stopped to check out the merch and 100% of them (that I personally witnessed) walked away with something. Myself, I grabbed 2 posters (one was for Suicide Squad), A Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman plushie and a couple of shirts. It was nice to see Wonder Woman attracting such attention. From women especially.
This is nice to hear. It's also a good reminder of how much reach the medium of film has over people. Much more than comics or videogames. It'a going to bring in a lot more people.

Guek and now Lion Pride. Talking shot about me and DCEU will get you banned. Just saying.
Lol

Wonder Woman IMAX posters.
9GV4pJp.jpg
9LCrEvi.jpg
0jjFygU.jpg
And a higher resolution version of that Chinese art poster.

J_Viper

Holy fuck those IMAX posters are tasty

The promo art for WW is so much better than what WB was going for with BvS and Seppuku. The former especially didn't have any great posters.

Ahasverus

Interesting observation.

I was at Wal-mart just a bit ago and they have a little Wonder Woman area set up where you can get some Funko Pops, t-shirts, posters, action figures, plushies, etc, etc... Anyway, surrounded by women. Any little girl or adult woman that happened by stopped to check out the merch and 100% of them (that I personally witnessed) walked away with something. Myself, I grabbed 2 posters (one was for Suicide Squad), A Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman plushie and a couple of shirts. It was nice to see Wonder Woman attracting such attention. From women especially.
There's some unforeseen blue ocean stuff happening with this movie. I'm actually really excited about how it's going to behave, financially speaking.

Speaking of Hippolyta, no spoilers or anything for WW, it's a great touch how Diana's personality in BvS becomes like her mother's.

It feels like those are the story areas of WW Zack Snyder helped define, to have that continuity.

Ahasverus

I've always found Hippolyta an incredibly interesting character, perhaps even more than Diana. She's this regal, utilitarian woman that doesn't think twice to do the things she deems right, while also being caring and loving for her people. I really want them to explore Hippolyta more in the future.

Boke1879

I'm slightly nervous about reviews but not really. Like I'm going to go see this and more than likely love it. I think that's where a lot of people are at.

I know reviews will be the last thing to solidify this movie is good. So far from everything we've heard that's the case.

Penguin

Most reviews

This is the movie dceu needed
Their best since TDK
Pine and Gadot shine
The film suffers from an uneven third act and a villain that kind of comes out of nowhere

ReiGun

80's. Given the impressions we've seen, most critics will probably like it and review it favorably. The movie won't slide for its problems (though I imagine there will be some debate over the severity of those issues), but I sincerely doubt enough critics will walk out dissatisfied for WW to have a majority or even a split of fresh/rotten reviews.

Mentioned before with how RT is a binary system, I don't know how many people will leave the movie disliking it. So high-ish enough RT% with middling scores.

At the end of the day I'd like it to review well because that's important to some folks. What I know is I really liked the movie and am content on that front.

IconGrist

Campea suggested it was a solid movie in its own right but wasn't Top 10 material. Now, take that impression and remove his supreme irrational hatred of all things Gal Gadot and the movie will likely fall in the 90-95% range.

Campea suggested it was a solid movie in its own right but wasn't Top 10 material. Now, take that impression and remove his supreme irrational hatred of all things Gal Gadot and the movie will likely fall in the 90-95% range.

lol..Please, direct me to a movie where she's a "good" actress? I'm gonna guess WW will be her first. People tend to forget that good directors can drag a great performance from someone who's work has been nothing but mediocre.

I've been behind this movie from the moment Patty Jenkins was announced as director. Basically on the hope that she can make this woman shine. Been taking shit for that opinion from the start. Again, I don't care about the extreme things this dude said, but she hasn't shown me an once of good acting.

Opinions, and all that, obviously. According to impressions though? We have nothing to worry about, which is what I was hoping for with Patty's direction.

If it gets lower than Man of Steel, I'll be out here stanning for a media bias against DC

lol..Always a bias! I'm more worried about those that think it deviates from a darker, more serious tone, to be honest.

Top Bottom