• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

I'm not bothered by it, yeah, since I'm balding myself as well :p

7olAojb.png

yeah I was about to say he looks metal as fuck. between him and Rob Zombie Aquaman lol this seems like it needs junkie xl to go HAM on the guitars for this soundtrack.

ReiGun

All the hubbub has me super aware of any Wonder Woman marketing I see. I get a facebook ad and I act like I just saw a unicorn.

ReiGun

I guess they're going the route the current comics and animated movies go where the New Gods (save a few like Barda and Miracle) are giants.

1392327413_8.jpg

I'm really glad they're going with mountain like designs with these outer space beings, specially darkseid and steppenwolf.

They need to show why the joint efforts of these superheroes are needed to win, plus, Superman needs a punching bag to go all out.

that music was corny but its the kind of marketing that is common to pull in general audiences.

I love how one of her superpowers in these movies now is sliding haha. the action looks dope.

IconGrist

John Campea cannot talk about the Wonder Woman movie without shitting on Gal and then in the same breathe say he doesn't want to keep beating a dead horse. No John, that sounds exactly like what you want to be doing.

Boke1879

that music was corny but its the kind of marketing that is common to pull in general audiences.

I love how one of her superpowers in these movies now is sliding haha. the action looks dope.

All I ask out of this movie are some cool action scenes and a competent movie. This movie will no doubt raise the public interest in the character.

Odoul

Rewatched The Book of Eli recently.

I wouldn't mind the Hughes doing a CBM. Denzel was a straight savage in this.

I would kill for Atticus Ross to score a Justice League or Avengers.

Boke1879

John Campea cannot talk about the Wonder Woman movie without shitting on Gal and then in the same breathe say he doesn't want to keep beating a dead horse. No John, that sounds exactly like what you want to be doing.

He's still doing that? Dude really needs to let it go. At this point Gal's acting or whatever he's worried about doesn't even register with most people.

And while I don't think she's the best actor in the world her acting isn't going to detract from any experience.

Rewatched The Book of Eli recently.

I wouldn't mind the Hughes doing a CBM. Denzel was a straight savage in this.

I would kill for Atticus Ross to score a Justice League or Avengers.

Trent and Atticus scoring solo Batman. Holy shit I'd buy the $300 box set off the NON store day one.

He's still doing that? Dude really needs to let it go. At this point Gal's acting or whatever he's worried about doesn't even register with most people.

And while I don't think she's the best actor in the world her acting isn't going to detract from any experience.

I mean, let's hope. I'm keeping the faith Patty can drag a good performance out of her..

Boke1879

I mean, let's hope. I'm keeping the faith Patty can drag a good performance out of her..

Like I said. I don't think most people are going to care too much. I don't think she's the best her performance is going to drag down the movie.

Everything I've seen of this doesn't bother me at all. It's not the best but it's far from the worst I've seen.

J_Viper

Etta Candy seems like a cringe machine, but I hope I'm wrong

The guy liked Amazing Spider-Man 2. His opinion is meaningless.

Ross61

Everything I've seen so far is fine, in line with the acting with most comic book movies. Only a few stand-out performances and there far in between.

And Etta Candy seems like an absolute delight.

Like I said. I don't think most people are going to care too much. I don't think she's the best her performance is going to drag down the movie.

Everything I've seen of this doesn't bother me at all. It's not the best but it's far from the worst I've seen.

Shiiit lol..there's definitely worse, but I ain't seen her in a thing that she isn't just..okay? To be clear, wife, daughter and I are there day one. Mainly, because I have faith Jenkins is gonna pull her best work out of her. Just saying, I get where that dude is coming from.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the Wonder Woman commercial during the NHL Playoffs... The marketing is there and will be all month. I think people were over reacting a bit.

Just saw the Wonder Woman commercial during the NHL Playoffs... The marketing is there and will be all month. I think people were over reacting a bit.

Can't wait for the "OMG THEY ARE SHOWING EVERYTHING! STOP!" posts in about two weeks when everything is saturated with WW marketing.

Not really. I think folks expected something on last Tuesday/Wednesday because that's when Guardians released. Same conversion was happening here for two weeks. Just seemed like the logical thing to show something in front of a big comic book film release.

Can't wait for the "OMG THEY ARE SHOWING EVERYTHING! STOP!" posts in about two weeks when everything is saturated with WW marketing.

I hope we don't get anything past the Lego reveals lol..I know I'm not alone here either.

Penguin

Yeah, that's a good one. Might be after the climactic fight? Color coming back to Man's World?

I think it will be when she's leaving the island honestly

Not really. I think folks expected something on last Tuesday/Wednesday because that's when Guardians released. Same conversion was happening here for two weeks. Just seemed like the logical thing to show something in front of a big comic book film release.

I hope we don't get anything past the Lego reveals lol..I know I'm not alone here either.
Eh for marketing purposes, GoTG releases this week
We've seen movies open early in Europe and THEN get a big movie trailer attached later on when it drops in the States

I think it will be when she's leaving the island honestly

Eh for marketing purposes, GoTG releases this week
We've seen movies open early in Europe and THEN get a big movie trailer attached later on when it drops in the States

Didn't say otherwise. Am I the only one remembering conversations in here about lack of WW promoting just last week? Things coming out on Wednesdays according to the studio? I'm starting to feel like folks got mind wiped. Anyway, I said during those questions that we'd likely see something during the European release of Guardians. Why?

Guardians is a big release. Movie clearly takes place overseas. According to folks in here and in OT, most people don't know who WW is. I don't believe a lick of that shit, but I live in America, so my opinion is clearly from an American perspective. I thought that a bit of all of that was reason enough to give a media push during the biggest comic book movie releasing a month in advanced.

Was that naive of me? I dunno..I've been thinking the movie would make money, yet folks in here are low balling it. I must be the black Jon Snow of the thread..

Didn't say otherwise. Am I the only one remembering conversations in here about lack of WW promoting just last week? Things coming out on Wednesdays according to the studio? I'm starting to feel like folks got mind wiped. Anyway, I said during those questions that we'd likely see something during the European release of Guardians. Why?

Guardians is a big release. Movie clearly takes place overseas. According to folks in here and in OT, most people don't know who WW is. I don't believe a lick of that shit, but I live in America, so my opinion is clearly from an American perspective. I thought that a bit of all of that was reason enough to give a media push during the biggest comic book movie releasing a month in advanced.

Was that naive of me? I dunno..I've been thinking the movie would make money, yet folks in here are low balling it. I must be the black Jon Snow of the thread..

I kept bringing it up. It was just alarming to me that they weren't doing anything at all.

Obviously, they decided to start pushing the movie after Gaurdians released so my worries were alleviated. It really wasn't a big deal, and it wasn't worth creating a thread about it much less the articles written. Sheesh. And I don't think for a minute them pushing the marketing is a response. That's just silly.

Gleethor

Member way back when we were worried that they'd make the Amazons Kryptonians that had landed on earth long ago? So glad that never panned out.

Ashhong

Holy shit the Superman speech after he beats The Elite is so damn heroic. I would love to hear that in Snyderverse but honestly, I think it would just sound super out of place and sudden. I think I need about 2 movies worth of Superman character development before I could believe a speech like that out of Cavill's mouth.

But damn good shit. I think I understand why some people have such an issue with Cavill.

This could all just be because I'm high af.

Top Bottom