• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

I was actually really excited to have MacLaren on WW, but then some of the details surfaced on what she wanted to do and it all sounded kind of off. She really wanted to take the character in a unique direction from what I remember. It sounded too risky.

It's a shame WB's hampering their directors' creative visions. They should look at what Fox did with Mangold and Feige's doing with Gunn and Waititi and let them go crazy. 🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝

If GOTG2 is Gunn without Feige breathing down his neck, maybe Feige should rethink that relationship for 3... Likewise, Ayer needs somebody telling him "no" when he's sketching Selina with a purrfect tattoo on her torso.

Now, Taika, Coogler, and Reeves are directors you let work unobstructed.

I was actually really excited to have MacLaren on WW, but then some of the details surfaced on what she wanted to do and it all sounded kind of off. She really wanted to take the character in a unique direction from what I remember. It sounded too risky.

MacLaren on WW was an interesting choice if only to see her first big feature film after her great TV work. It's a shame she hasn't signed onto another movie project.

Litan

MaCLaren wanted a 'sweeping action epic' and WB wanted something more character driven. I side with WB on this. Leave the epics for the sequels.

MaCLaren wanted a 'sweeping action epic' and WB wanted something more character driven. I side with WB on this. Leave the epics for the sequels.

On the sequel, Jenkins talked about ideas for a Wonder Woman 2 and how it'd be Diana in America. But depending how WW ends and her role in BvS, it's a question of what time period we're talking. Likely it'll be modern day.

In some respects they're backed into a corner by having the movie in flashbacks. It'd be neat for WW1 to be WW1, and WW2 to be WW2 with the Justice Society as supporting characters. Or Wonder Woman set around the 60s/70s.

If GOTG2 is Gunn without Feige breathing down his neck, maybe Feige should rethink that relationship for 3...

Gunn made a better sequel to one of the best CBMs. He can do whatever he wants for Vol. 3. 🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚

Likewise, Ayer needs somebody telling him "no" when he's sketching Selina with a purrfect tattoo on her torso.

Ayer made a movie that made millions worldwide without China and will spawn a sequel and a spinoff. WB needs to let him do his magic. 🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝

Not every director should be given the get wild car. Or deserve it tbh.

Snyder kickstarted a cinematic universe that made $2.2B and won an Academy Award in its first three movies. He has more than earned it. 🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝

ReiGun

A showed one of my students the latest WW commercial. She was super excited, but worried her mom wouldn't take her cause it's PG-13 (elementary kid).

Which, kudos to mom. But also, being part of those kids who regularly had R rated movies like Robocop marketed to us, I had to chuckle a little at this 4th grader potentially not being able to see Wonder Woman..

Sometimes I wonder if there's a market for a PG superhero movie. In a sense, you get that with animated movies. But nowadays action blockbusters tend to be PG-13 by default. I remember when Revenge of the Sith getting PG-13 was notable.

ReiGun

Sometimes I wonder if there's a market for a PG superhero movie. In a sense, you get that with animated movies. But nowadays action blockbusters tend to be PG-13 by default. I remember when Revenge of the Sith getting PG-13 was notable.

How much did Lego Batman do? I thought that one was pretty good.

I feel some characters like Shazam would benefit from being more family friendly. The movies would just need to be better than the "decent but forgettable" Big Hero 6.

Shazam being PG would be cool, but I can't imagine the Black Adam movie will be.

Also, Josh Gad posted a picture of Penguin and Twitter "detectives" found connections to Johns, Berg, and Ayer. It's probably--hopefully--nothing.

Shazam being PG would be cool, but I can't imagine the Black Adam movie will be.

Also, Josh Gad posted a picture of Penguin and Twitter "detectives" found connections to Johns, Berg, and Ayer. It's probably--hopefully--nothing.

Ayer can piss off if he gives us Gad as penguin. He's already done enough damage to Gothams rogues

Ross61

I've had no problem with the casting of SS, just the execution. So I don't feel any negative about Josh Gad.

Though I've never seen him in anything.

Ayer can piss off if he gives us Gad as penguin. He's already done enough damage to Gothams rogues

Agreed. Still don't understand why he was given so much influence over the Joker. The Joker should have been Wilkerson, Snyder, and the rest of the brain trust at that point.

Ross61

Snyder and Wilkerson basically only have control of the appearances of those who appear in those films I think.

And they aren't shooting 100% from the field either :(

Speaking of him, Wilkinson should liberally borrow from his Tron Legacy designs for Flash's proper suit.

This, but red instead of black and keeping the JL helmet.
9F2hskY.jpg

BadAss2961

Interesting if they'd go with a younger Penguin. Would mean you could probably expect Catwoman and Ivy to be younger too compared to Bruce. Whichever Bat villains aren't planned for Batman solos might just be cast with Nightwing, Batgirl, and the Sirens in mind.

Interesting if they'd go with a younger Penguin. Would mean you could probably expect Catwoman and Ivy to be younger too compared to Bruce. Whichever Bat villains aren't planned for Batman solos might just be cast with Nightwing, Batgirl, and the Sirens in mind.

Ivy, sure. Idk about Catwoman though. Having her be significantly younger than Bruce would be... odd.

Sorry, but the design of the Joker is above David Ayer IMO, especially for a cinematic universe.

I'm not talking about the design tbh. I think Ayer butchered their characterizations. I would have been fine with that Joker if he had any good scenes. Not to mention the rest of the dork squad, these are some of Gotham's most terrifying villains? lol.

now they're letting him shit on Catwoman, Ivy and Penguin too :(

J_Viper

That scene at the chemical lab is AMV as fuck, and I'm sure all of Leto's dialogue was all leftover lyrics of his, but something about it works for me. It's visually gorgeous.

It's the one scene that I felt Leto really worked in the role.

Ross61

I'm not talking about the design tbh. I think Ayer butchered their characterizations. I would have been fine with that Joker if he had any good scenes. Not to mention the rest of the dork squad, these are some of Gotham's most terrifying villains? lol.

now they're letting him shit on Catwoman, Ivy and Penguin too :(

I bet you wouldn't run up to any of them!

And he's technically not doing the characterizations of GCS

BadAss2961

Ivy, sure. Idk about Catwoman though. Having her be significantly younger than Bruce would be... odd.
I would rather they make her the older, wily veteran of the group with tons of history with Batman. That history is important if she's going to appear in the solos. I just get the feeling they're going straight girl power on this one with the two of them being around Harley's age.

Top Bottom