• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

jombag

I think she meant that she could not give spoilers and that she could not say that JL will be better than the avengers.

Guys, we could do with your posts in the MCU OT bringing us to OT3 eh. ;)

tumblr_o44eieDJ8q1ry8rcwo2_400.gif

I still wanna know who gave him thread making abilities...

cant imagine he will have them for much longer

Whoever Phantom is should never be allowed to make a thread again.

Might get your wish

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236521524&postcount=631
Take my word ban me if Wonder Woman didn't put up a 100M OW, no one ever touches to her popularity

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Looking back and past box office predictions to see how well they actually land... spoiler: not all that great.

Winners

Power Rangers was predicted to be 30 mil, opened to 40.5
Beauty and the Beast predicted to be 100-120 mil, opened to 174.75
Kong Skull Island predicted to be mid 40's, opened to 61
Logan predicted to be 65 mil, opened to 88.4
Guardians 2 predicted to be 140, opened to 145

Losers

Ghost in the Shell predicted to be 50 mil, opened to 18.6
Fast and Furious 8 predicted to be between 110-125, opened to 98.7

Guardians is really the only one I'd say was close enough to deem "correct". The others were off by quite a bit. Judging that, I'd say Wonder Woman will probably top out around that first tracking number of about 80-85 mil.

Looking back and past box office predictions to see how well they actually land... spoiler: not all that great.

Winners

Losers

Guardians is really the only one I'd say was close enough to deem "correct". The others were off by quite a bit. Judging that, I'd say Wonder Woman will probably top out around that first tracking number of about 80-85 mil.

75-85 mil is my prediction too. If it reviews well, anyway. If not then it'll be around 55 mil.

This film needs to be well received by fans and critics. JL too... Been wondering how that'll do OW too.

Boke1879

Winners

Losers

I'm assuming in the last two weeks will be the final rush of marketing. Premiere, reviews, and they would do well to push people to buy tickets.

75-85 million is where I'm at with decent reviews. This movie imo has a lot less baggage. Just a solo adventure and the action looks good. Plus its coming out when people will be well out of school. So the rating will definitely help it.

To the other poster. I feel JL is going to be fine in the scheme of things. The question really is will it open around BvS or under. They are already advertising that movie. At least on twitter and IG.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wow at GitS..movie must have lost tons.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/ghost-i...hansson-box-office-flop-whitewash-1202061479/
After vanishing in its opening weekend at the domestic box office to $18.6 million, film finance sources tell Deadline that Paramount/DreamWorks-Reliance’s Ghost In The Shell stands to lose at least $60M, and that’s based off a global B.O. projection of $200M ($50M domestic, $150M international) and combined P&A/production costs of $250M. Some sources even assert that the production cost for Ghost is far north of $110M and more in the $180M range — if that’s the case, Ghost is bleeding in excess of $100M.

Winners

Losers

I'm thinking 90's its ceiling and 100's a pipe dream for opening weekend. 75-85 sounds about right but I'm not counting out 90 mil. Justice League it's hard to see not doing better no matter what, though.

Boke1879

I'm thinking 90's its ceiling and 100's a pipe dream for opening weekend. 75-85 sounds about right but I'm not counting out 90 mil. Justice League it's hard to see not doing better no matter what, though.

I always go back to Logan, and maybe that's a mistake because the movie does have an R rating to maybe that limited it a bit.

You take Hugh Jackman. An actor people like playing a character every knows for the last 17 years. Makes a movie that critics and fans love.

Has an 88 million dollar opening weekend and just barely crosses over the $600 million mark WW.

Raptor

Winners

Losers

Kong at his right place, with the winners baby!!

:D

Ashhong

I always go back to Logan, and maybe that's a mistake because the movie does have an R rating to maybe that limited it a bit.

You take Hugh Jackman. An actor people like playing a character every knows for the last 17 years. Makes a movie that critics and fans love.

Has an 88 million dollar opening weekend and just barely crosses over the $600 million mark WW.

Logan does seem kind of weird. How did it not make more? Deadpool made 125 million or something? I guess people just don't want that kind of serious movie, even if it's great.

Logan had the R rating, the material likely limited repeat viewings, it was coming off Apocalypse which shit the bed, and the solo Wolverine films have poisoned the well -- even though I really like 2/3 of The Wolverine myself. Considering I feel like most had it in the 400-450 range, I think 600 is quite the success.

Ninjimbo

I think that number for Logan is pretty great if you ask me. 600 million for a rated R hardcore action/drama starring only Wolverine? That's awesome. His solo films weren't doing so hot.

I think that number for Logan is pretty great if you ask me. 600 million for a rated R hardcore action/drama starring only Wolverine? That's awesome. His solo films weren't doing so hot.

Yeah it's a big success. Wonder Woman hitting 500+ will be good for it too tbh

Ashhong

I guess the high box office takes have skewed my perception. Movies make so much now it's hard to know what's a success and what's not. I mean, I thought there was a huge amount of hype behind Logan and it would do huge numbers, but I guess not.

kswiston

I guess the high box office takes have skewed my perception. Movies make so much now it's hard to know what's a success and what's not. I mean, I thought there was a huge amount of hype behind Logan and it would do huge numbers, but I guess not.

Worldwide, it will end up as the third highest grossing R-rated film of all time behind Deadpool and The Matrix Reloaded. Granted both of those were well past $700M.

When you frame it like that, Logan sounds like a great accomplishment.

It's being compared to other X-Men films (of which it had like the third-biggest opening, second-best domestic, and third-biggest worldwide run) which I think is where the disappointment comes in. It's absolutely the best of those films don't get me wrong, but nowhere near the most successful, and unfortunately that gets the attention, not the fact that it was easily the biggest risk of the series since the first film (and can be argued as an even bigger risk than the first). In my opinion it was definitely successful, and certainly was in terms of reception.

duckroll

It's being compared to other X-Men films (of which it had like the third-biggest opening, second-best domestic, and third-biggest worldwide run) which I think is where the disappointment comes in. It's absolutely the best of those films don't get me wrong, but nowhere near the most successful, and unfortunately that gets the attention, not the fact that it was easily the biggest risk of the series since the first film (and can be argued as an even bigger risk than the first). In my opinion it was definitely successful, and certainly was in terms of reception.

Logan cost less than 100 million to make, and made more money than X-men Apocalypse. There's no "disappointment" except from dumb people on message boards.

Seen it twice. Will watch a third when the bluray hits. It's bleak but theres still great crowd pleasing action and the relationship between the main 3 is so good.

BadAss2961

It's not. It's more in line with stories like unforgiven. Hero at the end of his rope but gets one last time to go in.

People exaggerating like Lars von trier made this or something
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. lol
It kinda is. At some point you'll start thinking the movie is trying too hard lol

I already kinda know what happens. I think i'll like it, but I doubt it'll stay with me on that kind of level.

Ninjimbo

Did you like Ed?
I used him for like one match. He's kinda floaty and I didn't know what the hell I was doing with him. I'll have to take a look at the move list to see how to work with him for the next few days. But I'm interested. It seems like I'll have to work with Laura to beat him.

I already kinda know what happens. I think i'll like it, but I doubt it'll stay with me on that kind of level.
It probably won't. It didn't stay with me, but it is a solid movie and stays that way throughout. You'll just get Last of Us deja vu if you've ever played that game.

I used him for like one match. He's kinda floaty and I didn't know what the hell I was doing with him. I'll have to take a look at the move list to see how to work with him for the next few days. But I'm interested. It seems like I'll have to work with Laura to beat him.

Yeah, I thought so as well. Something about him is a little off. I'm guessing it's the weird mechanics. Definitely an interesting character. Let me know when you're jumping on tomorrow so we can run a few.

Sambrez_

Not bad

Batman v Superman Moves Into the All-Time Best Selling Blu-Ray List

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is the second installment into the DC Extended Universe, has ranked into the all-time best selling blu-ray list for the United States, ranking in at #48, with 2.32 million copies sold.

This is with the film being out on blu-ray for less than a year, meaning the number of sales will continue going up as time goes on.

What’s also interesting, is that Man of Steel is ranked at #19 with 3.29 million copies sold. It’s only time for Suicide Squad to make the list, as it’s been outpacing Batman v Superman in sales since it’s release, regarding where Batman v Superman was during the same time period as Suicide Squad is in it’s homevideo sales.

http://dccomicsmovie.com/batman-v-superman-moves-into-the-all-time-best-selling-blu-ray-list/

I'm honestly considering watching Logan again once that black and white version comes out in theaters.

Edit: Or just wait for the Blu-ray considering how limited of a release it is.

I mostly enjoyed Logan up until the last part of the movie. Kids just can't fucking act when they stand next to an adult actor. I just can't take them seriously. It really ruined the movie for me.

Top Bottom