• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ashhong

Me because those movies much like the X-Men movies don't have Spider-Man. They have some elements of the Spider-Man character, but none of his core characteristics that stay around regardless of who is writing it or any of that. Good to alright movies, awful Spider-Man movies.

I may regret this, but what characteristics were missing?

a916

It doesn't have to be a Reeves homage but he could inject some Silver Age fun into the 90s-style action. Classic hero archetype action with modern angst sort of.

You aren't going to get the most out of Bizarro, Mxyzptlk, or even more serious villains like Brainiac if you don't have a little self-awareness. Even Clark's relationship with Lois can use some flavor. This Superman can be as serious as the director/execs want but the source material can put him in all sorts of situations that flip his/the audience's perspective. Like if he found Supergirl or Kandor. Or Krypto?

I think sticking to the epic/mythical/serious take on its characters would help differentiate DC from Marvel. I'm all for that. But we can have fun without distracting from the story like the competition does sometimes. :p

Well said!

LionPride

Banned
I may regret this, but what characteristics were missing?
Just the elements showing Peter having the weight of the world on his shoulders, but still cracking jokes as an escape. Being a goofy fuck despite everything being against him. There was no real display of Peter using Spider-Man as an escape from the life of Peter Parker. Just some things that are consistent with Peter Parker that have yet to come across on screen.

Raimi's Spiderman 2 was basically everything I wanted out of a Superman movie too, Singer only got a bit of it in Returns with the Metropolis stuff and Superman's presence among the citizens, but Raimi really got dat duality and heroic sacrifice on point with his Peter Parker.

Raimi would be so dope for Superman. And Flash too (the only other person who I think could make a more fun Flash movie would be Edgar Wright)

Vaughn has his moments but he would be a big step down from these two other choices for either property imo.

J_Viper

Spider-Man and its sequel are two of my all time favorite films, and SM3 is my favorite comedy, but Raimi's output lately has been spotty.

Oz looked terrible, and that Ash v Evil Dead pilot he directed was an atrocity.

Zemeckis is a legend, but Allied was such a bland film.

Vaughn would be an interesting choice for the DCEU, as long as he holds back a bit on the goofiness that tends to plague his work.

Ashhong

Just the elements showing Peter having the weight of the world on his shoulders, but still cracking jokes as an escape. Being a goofy fuck despite everything being against him. There was no real display of Peter using Spider-Man as an escape from the life of Peter Parker. Just some things that are consistent with Peter Parker that have yet to come across on screen.

I'm guessing it's because both versions we've seen have been origins. To me, anyone who just got superpowers would struggle with something like that. Using it as an escape is more of a TV series kind of thing since you need an antagonist that makes Spideys life a living hell in a movie.

Ross61

Spider-Man and its sequel are two of my all time favorite films, and SM3 is my favorite comedy, but Raimi's output lately has been spotty.

Oz looked terrible, and that Ash v Evil Dead pilot he directed was an atrocity.

Zemeckis is a legend, but Allied was such a bland film.

Vaughn would be an interesting choice for the DCEU, as long as he holds back a bit on the goofiness that tends to plague his work.
You shut your whore mouth.

someone post a screenshot of the mayimbe tweet

can we have the definition of confirmation bias in the OT for any DCEU movie? I feel like it is always so prevalent in DC talks, with the haters and the fans both.

I can atleast understand the fans, the hater's obsession I have no idea what's going on, and at points it seems to veer toward unhealthy.

Was this mentioned yet? Black Adam vs Superman showdown confirmed?

Wonder when the surprise will be. Wagering Aquaman or maybe even JL.

dunno where they could fit that. it would make sense to put Black Adam in an after credits scene, but a fight scene to boot? these moments tend to be more passive teasers than anything else. not a full-on action sequence.

will be cool to see Rock show up out of nowhere though.

BadAss2961

Superman, Flash, I like Raimi for either one of them. I appreciate the Spider-Man trilogy now more than ever with what Marvel fans call movies these days.

Vaughn's movies i've seen (Kick-Ass, First Class, some of Kingsman) have been okay, but forgettable.

J_Viper

ZwCFWim.png

hey zack, I'm here for the reshoots

sorry I'm late, I forgot how to put on sunglasses

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.”

tD4roE2.jpg

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.”

tD4roE2.jpg

f7kEdym.gif

J_Viper

pbgf3kT.jpg

ECS62xw.jpg

tD4roE2.jpg

holy fuck lol

IconGrist

I wish you guys would stop shaming Affleck like that. I don't know the guy personally or anything so I have no real vested interest in his well-being other than common decency but it never sat right with me that people are posting pics of him as a joke that enforces some narrative that he's one bad day away from ending his life.

I wish you guys would stop shaming Affleck like that. I don't know the guy personally or anything so I have no real vested interest in his well-being other than common decency but it never sat right with me that people are posting pics of him as a joke that enforces some narrative that he's one bad day away from ending his life.

I'd agree, but lately Affleck's in on the joke and having fun with it. And it's more a riff on him being acting like Batman in real life. I'm sure we all wish the best for Mr. Affleck in his personal life.

fwiw I think he's looking healthier these days. Guy really took on too much work in 2015/2016 so.

J_Viper

Yeah I think we're all just having a laugh.

I feel bad too, but tbh he is kinda responsible for the whole mess he's in. No one forced him to bang that nanny.

Ahasverus

I think we might be getting too mean with the whole Ben thing. Guy's working on his challenges. Also, we kinda shouldn't have an opinion on his personal life.
Man goes to adoctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.”

tD4roE2.jpg
... Jesus Christ. Forgive me Lord.

Ross61

Yeah I think we're all just having a laugh.

I feel bad too, but tbh he is kinda responsible for the whole mess he's in. No one forced him to bang that nanny.

The nanny wasn't the reason for the divorce. I remember Garner was didn't know about the nanny incident before the rumors, and they had already filed for divorce before that.

J_Viper

The nanny wasn't the reason for the divorce. I remember Garner was didn't know about the nanny incident before the rumors, and they had already filed for divorce before that.

Even so that probably didn't help things lol

Anyway, how's about a more positive pic

m70PirO.jpg

Raimi dropped off, and so has Barry Allen's father. The Flash ain't happening, just like I predicted when Famuyiwa dropped and it disappeared from the schedule.

I mean.. how reliable is Entertainment Weekly? I'll stick with the trades.

Also, I have a hard time believing someone is dropping out when they were just shown in a Justice League trailer. It seems more like an uncertainty of when the damn thing will film than anything else.

jrush64

Banned
News about these movies are easy click bait and it's easy for people to post their one post quip and move on.

For something they feel is a dumpster fire they sure attract to those threads like flies on stink.

That's something I always say. They can't just stop talking about it even though they say they hate it so much.

Top Bottom