• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

I just finished Gotham season 1. It was a bloody mess but I think there's potential for a strong season 2. I love the art direction and the sooner they bring in more comic book stuff, and work on the strengths rather than trying to salvage its weaknesses, the sooner it can get good.

Penguin

This is a sweet banner

tumblr_nr8h23Hi5Q1surf6zo2_1280.jpg

Joni

Stephen Amell will get competition. McDonough played Green Arrow in 2010s DC Showcase: Green Arrow. Also Dum Dum Dugan, Deadshot and Bruce Banner. Seems like a real comic books guy.

Wiktor

awesome1.gif

I must have missed that rumor before, so Neal McDonough's casting is a big surprise to me and a very welcome one. Man is a good actor, but most of all he makes incredible villains. Still the creepies and most unnerving big bad Justified ever had

Joni

Aces
Stephen Amell will get competition. McDonough played Green Arrow in 2010s DC Showcase: Green Arrow.
Alongside Malcolm McDowell as Merlyn.

What a good showcase that was.
Guarantee you that's how he's introduced before the characters find out who he really is.
....fuck
What do you guys think will be the flashback scenes next?
We still haven't seen his time with the Russian mob and KGBeast, so there is that.
c13.gif

He is the original Flash, from 1940 to 1956 when Barry was invented. He is also the main character in the 90s Flash series.

Nineties Flash series was Barry, unless there's a fan theory here I'm missing.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Jay is probably going to be an amalgamation of Jay and Max Mercury, rather than a straight up adaptation of Jay.

Would be nice to see a full Flash family in teh Arrowverse

young-justice-invasion-endgame-9.jpg

Nineties Flash series was Barry, unless there's a fan theory here I'm missing.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Jay is probably going to be an amalgamation of Jay and Max Mercury, rather than a straight up adaptation of Jay.

Would be nice to see a full Flash family in teh Arrowverse

young-justice-invasion-endgame-9.jpg

Think they'll go with Golden Age Jay or Earth 2 Jay?

Think they'll go with Golden Age Jay or Earth 2 Jay?

I could see him as something closer to Golden Age Jay. The New 52 Earth 2 version brings in Greek Mythology, which doesn't fit as well on this show.

I see him as a scientist studying the Speed Force, then serving the allies in WWII after gaining Flash powers, but eventually running so fast he slingshots himself to the present.

Make him Jay, but give him Max's role as the Speed Force master training the Flash.

Also, making him from the past instead of Earth 2 means that if they use Flash to set up Hawkgirl for Legends, they might have someone on hand who would remember one of her past incarnations.

I could see him as something closer to Golden Age Jay. The New 52 Earth 2 version brings in Greek Mythology, which doesn't fit as well on this show.

I see him as a scientist studying the Speed Force, then serving the allies in WWII after gaining Flash powers, but eventually running so fast he slingshots himself to the present.

Make him Jay, but give him Max's role as the Speed Force master training the Flash.

Also, making him from the past instead of Earth 2 means that if they use Flash to set up Hawkgirl for Legends, they might have someone on hand who would remember one of her past incarnations.

That's all actually pretty good. I dig it. I feel like Barry should already be pretty solid at Speed Force mastery, though.

ZeroX03

Banned
Screw New 52 Jay. I want post-Crisis, slow ageing, married, dad-to-the-whole-Flash-family Garrick. Dinners at Jay and Joan's place. And Barry needs more father figures.

And now we have a Vixen trailer, courtesy of the official Arrow Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/620004696661495808

EDIT: NVM, working now. Looks good!

Screw New 52 Jay. I want post-Crisis, slow ageing, married, dad-to-the-whole-Flash-family Garrick. Dinners at Jay and Joan's place. And Barry needs more father figures.

Dude's got 2 perfectly good father figures already. What more do you want? He's gonna have to start taking other people's fathers at this rate.

But I like Earth 2 Jay
Dude's got 2 perfectly good father figures already. What more do you want? He's gonna have to start taking other people's fathers at this rate.
Fuck even Wells had a little bit of father figure in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom